1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week long silence for criticizing racist trolling :<

Discussion in 'Unban & Unmute Requests' started by Ari, May 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ari

Ari Junior Member

Name:         97114105

Server:     Hell Jailbreak

Admin:      kenny

SteamID:   STEAM_0:0:59788277

Reason:      (week long silence for racism...?)

Bicboy randomly jumps on the microphone to shout "BITCH AS NI—" cutting himself off before he can finish yelling the racist slur. The admin warns him to not do that.

Pascal replies with a memey "Bicboy was only trying to say "bitch ass Nigeria!" to defend Bicboy's racist slur baiting thing

I write in chat that Pascal's stupid defense of Bicboy's slur shouting doesn't even make sense, because the slur he used is pronounced with a soft i. As in "Nicholas" or "Nicole."

And that Nigeria is pronounced with a hard i. As in "Night" or "Nike."

As in, I was criticizing Pascal's dumb "HAHA NIGERIA XD" attempt to defend Bicboy's dumb attempt to bait shouting a slur.

~~~~
    I don't have a demo so I can't include anything anyone said over the mic, although a lot of people shouted at me and then I was immediately banned. Bandwagon of misinterpretation?
    ~~~~

Bicboy (over the microphone): "BITCH-ASS NI—!"

(ADMIN) kenny➆: no racism

Pascal : he said bitch ass nigeria, but his mic crapped out

kenny➆ : pascal, wild gagged someone perm for that
    kenny➆ : don't try to troll

97114105 : nigeria is pronounced with a nigh though
    97114105 : not a nih
    97114105 : nigh - jeer - ee - uh

Pascal : ufff
    Suicide : Look at this dude
    Vendetta : lmao
    Pascal : with 3 f kenny
    Suicide : 97114105 : nigeria is pronounced with a nigh though

kenny➆ : ye uff
    [SourceComms] kenny➆: Issued an extended gag on 97114105 for 10080 minutes (reason: Racism).

Bicboy : lmao
    Suicide : lmao
    Sunset : LOL
    Vendetta : lol
    Bicboy : damn
    Suicide : Damn
    Sunset : HIT EM WITH THE 10080
    Pascal : pxD
    Bicboy : OOFUS MAXIMUMS
    kenny➆ : ^
    Pascal : the favorite number of any pa - 10080
    1egend♛ : you just got fucked by kenny

(TO ADMINS ONLY) 97114105: is this how i speak to admins?
    (TO ADMINS ONLY) 97114105: i think you misunderstood...

kenny➆ : i think you keep trolling.
    kenny➆ : don't abuse adminchat pls..

(TO ADMINS ONLY) 97114105: can i only appeal this on the forums? i was literally correcting someone on how to pronounce the name of the country...
    (TO ADMINS ONLY) 97114105: i guess that a yes, i'll head to the forums ;(

2. JayJay

JayJay Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

The ban won’t be lifted, Kenny gave somebody a warning for Racism then you trolled and continued to interfere with an admins ruling.

You may have thought your doing something right but in fact you was trolling and in-sighting summit in the server that don’t need to be there.

Please play the game, we don’t need to pronounce countries names a certain way or have racial slurs in the server.

Hope you understand

3. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

Hey

Just wanted to say, it wasn't a ban. It's a gag for being racism in chat or atleast trolling with it. I indeed warned everyone to not be racism. But you kept on trolling like saying things about "nigee riaah" etc... a hell admin confirmed that it won't be lifted so please don't ask me to ungag you. You will get auto ungagged on: 03-06-2019 13:33 GMT+0000.

Please follow the server rules by typing !rules when your ingame. Or you can use this link: https://hellclan.co.uk/motd/jb.html

Attached Files:

4. Ari

Ari Junior Member

I am seriously so confused right now I'm not sure either of you are understanding what I said. Please re-read my post, I never trolled and I was never racist... Please, is there any way I can speak with someone? I was banned for racism for criticizing Pascal's racist joke as being stupid.

>But you kept on trolling like saying things about "nigee riaah" etc

I said that Nigeria sounds nothing like the n-word. Pascal said that his friend wasn't trying pretending to say n*****, he was trying to say Nigeria and I told Pascal that they the two words don't even sound alike because they begin with different phonemes.

The Gs are different as well.

I was not trying to get away with pronouncing any slur. I was telling the trolls that the slurs they was using sounds NOTHING like the country they were pretending it was.

The two words start with the same letters in writing but ignorant trolls who know nothing about the country they're making fun of don't realize the two words sound NOTHING a like. I criticized the ignorance of their racist trolling and I genuinely believe you're mistaking me for going along with them.​

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  5. JayJay

JayJay Administrator

The admin had it in hand and you was escalating the problem, there was no need.

6. Ari

Ari Junior Member

I'm sorry but that's just unfair... If you're admitting that Kenny made a mistake in thinking I was being racist and in thinking that I was trolling, why should a week long for racism persist?

Kenny gave warnings to two players who have had plenty of experience on the server and already know what's expected of them because they were trolling and shouting slurs/defending the slurs. I looked it up at BicBoy has had eighty communication blocks on the server? And he's been playing for six years?

I just don't understand why I deserve such harsh treatment now that you've accepted my explanation that I wasn't trolling...

You're telling me that I was escalating the problem by criticizing the player's racism, but the entire server was criticizing it in chat and over the microphone. I wasn't warned to not criticize, and I wasn't banned for criticizing. I was simply misinterpreted as being with BicBoy and Pascal.

But, please, you're saying I was escalating the problem. Maybe that is true, and after Kenny gave BicBoy a warning no one should have said anything about him shouting the N-word because it was already handled...

But if that is the case, should everyone else who called out the trolls be given week-long silences? And perhaps after Kenny handled me, should everyone who escalated the situation by criticizing me—Bicboy's "lmao, damn, OOFUS MAXIMUMS," Suicide's "lmao, damn," Sunset's "LOL, HIT EM WITH THE 10080," Vendetta's "lol," Pascal's "pxD, the favorite number of any pa - 10080," 1legend's "you just got fucked by kenny," and anyone who said anything about me over the microphone—shouldn't they all be given week long mutes for escalating the situation as well...? ;(

Please, I wanted to make a very civil thread and talk with admins explaining the confusion... I honestly expected for someone to say "oops, that makes sense," and that would be the end of it... ;(

The server was warned for racism and I wasn't being racist... Warned for trolling and I wasn't trolling... If I really did do something very very very very wrong by telling a troll their popular racist joke didn't make sense, and that even if I wasn't misunderstood it still would've been grossly overboard to say their racist joke was bad... If it really was extremely server-disrupting escalation... I never got a warning to not escalate or criticize racism... While a veteran player of six years got his eighty-first chance to stop shouting slurs.

The situation just confuses and saddens me at this point, I don't understand... I really don't understand and I don't know what else to say, I don't understand why I'm still being considered the most toxic and disruptive player...
    --- Double Post Merged, May 27, 2019, Original Post Date: May 27, 2019 ---
    I always want to say that Jayjay says if I'm confused I should read rules 8 and 10, "No crying or whining (we want a good atmosphere on our servers)." and "No racial or religious slurs."

I never said any racial slurs however and how I don't understand how it is whining to call out their racism as ignorant, especially when multiple people on the server were discussing BicBro and Pascal getting warned (I was simply the only one mistaken as helping them troll...?)

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  7. JayJay

JayJay Administrator

Even though bicboy and suicide have so many punishments between them, they seen the warning and stopped.

They will also be getting a warning and if they continue to make issues in server they will be perm banned.

You continued to make an issue of the subject in the server after the warning so you then got gagged.

The punishment is harsh but we don’t accept it on the server.
    The way you come across in server is trolling and same on forums.

8. Ari

Ari Junior Member

>Even though bicboy and suicide have so many punishments between them, they seen the warning and stopped.

And then they did it again. Today. And needed be given yet another warning. (Also it was Pascal, not Suicide, who said the racist Nigeria joke...)

Are you the only admin who determines the outcome of an ungag appeal? I wasn't warned for continuing to make an issue out of their racism, the server was warned for being racist. And I wasn't being racist. If I was given a warning to stop talking about Bicboy shouting a slur/Pascal defending the slur, I would of stopped talking about it. The entire server was talking about it, the entire server... Nobody was warned to stop discussing it, and there's no rules against saying racism is bad. You said to refer to rules 8 and 10 but neither refer to my situation...

You've said in the shoutbox that if I wanted an ungag I should've have done nothing but apologize for escalating, but I made the unban request because I was banned for racism. I didn't start the thread doing nothing but apologizing and begging forgiveness because I had done no racism... I was punished for being racist and both you and Kenny now agree I wasn't being racist.

Can you explain to me how I'm trolling? The only thing I've done so far was criticize a popular racist joke as being ignorant and then discussed the silence in a civil and respectful manner...

>In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalizing tangential discussion, whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

9. JayJay

JayJay Administrator

Sorry we only have limited responses for gags in server, I’ve edited the gag reason to accommodate the situation, I hope this clears up the situation.

“trolling, interfering with admins trying to calm situation in server.”

https://hellclan.co.uk/sourcebans/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:59788277&Submit=Search

There are others who can change the decision of this gag including myself but if you can’t understand why the gag is in place and what you did was wrong then you will have to wait the gag out.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  10. Ari

Ari Junior Member

>“Racism, trolling, interfering with admins trying to calm situation in server.”

Can you explain to me what was it I said that was racist? You had already come to the conclusion earlier that there was no racism...

Can you explain to me what was it I said that was trolling? I don't understand how I could possibly be considered a troll for criticizing a popular racist joke, just as everyone else on the server was similarly criticizing.

I am silenced for a week, without warning, for... Escalating a situation by saying racism is bad.

You're just... Ignoring me... You're ignoring every point I'm giving, just because I didn't come into the thread apologizing. I had no way of knowing that criticizing racism was escalating a situation beyond control, I wasn't warned for doing it and I wasn't banned for doing it.

There's literally no way I could have created a thread saying "I'm sorry I didn't understand it wasn't my place to say the racist joke was stupid and ignorant. I'm sorry, I didn't realize I could be considered as interfering with an admin, I was only trying to agree with the racist joke being bad."

I had no idea this wasn't okay because I received no warning, because there are literally no rules against agreeing with an admin handling a situation, because everyone else was also agreeing that racist jokes aren't okay. You're treating me with hostility, Jayjay, because I didn't start the thread by apologizing for interfering, when there was no way for me to realize I was was interfering...

This is an incredibly jerkish way to deal with someone... It makes no sense... It makes me incredibly sad and disappointed... I was warned to not be racist, I banned for being racist, I made an appeal that successfully explained I wasn't being racist... Why couldn't this just be handled with an "oops, sorry, we misread what you said?" I understand a desire to defend your friend and fellow admin but I was never upset at Kenny, never criticized him, it was just a simple misreading...

11. JayJay

JayJay Administrator

Re-read over all of my comments, I’ve never stated I’ve come to the conclusion you wasn’t racist.

I find it disgusting after an admin gave everyone a warning in server you still tried to keep the subject alive about a racial slur.
    The gag is in force because of that and the lack of ability by you to understand why it was wrong.

Please wait for the gag to expire

12. Ari

Ari Junior Member

I thought you realized I said nothing racist because you shifted the goalposts from I get gagged for racism to I get gagged for interfering.

You found it disgusting and vile and racist that I criticized a racist joke...? I told Pascal off literally two seconds after Kenny told Pascal off. Everyone is typing at the same time in Jailbreak! What if I had typed faster than Kenny did and I sent my messages two seconds before he did instead of two seconds after?

I still would have been banned because of misinterpretation, but if I had managed to type just a little bit faster and got my criticism of Pascal's racism out a little bit sooner, what would be your justification for keeping the week long, warningless silence, then?

This is just... Just infuriating.

Why do you continue to reply to me? We're discussing racism right now. You're keeping the discussion alive, you racist!

Seriously?! This makes no sense! Can an admin besides Jayjay please reply to this thread?

I don't mean to disrespect you but I seriously think you're carrying an unnecessary grudge against me in a sort of "I already publicly denounced you and said no to the ungag, it would be unmacho for me to back down."

Criticizing racism is not racist trolling. You are being such a jerk in calling me a disgusting racist troll.

13. Boy

Boy Administrator

I think the issue is very small here, no racist words were used. You weren't even suppose to be involved but you somehow did.. A mixture of bad timing as you said what you had to say while the admin was warning in chat between your sentences- easy to miss out.

Since you only started playing (again) on our server recently and might be unaware that we do consider racism as a serious offence, you just got caught up in this mess between the regulars and an admin. If you haven't yet figured, its best to stay out of this "mess" on server when someone is showing inappropriate behaviour while admin is trying to warn him/her.

Since it was your first and the only gag, I can reduce it down to 24 hours. As long as you are aware that the subject of the matter was indeed childish and inappropriate for server. However next time it will be a week and then perm so be careful.

As far as publicly denouncing and being unmacho, I am certain jayjay doesn't care about that as he have dealt with numerous similar threads in the past and have made very accurate and fair decisions.

14. Ari

Ari Junior Member

Thank you... Kenny didn't warn or gag me for interfering, he gagged me for racism, which makes me upset that interfering came up as a brand new topic...

Overall I'm most upset about about being called a disgusting racist troll. I dislike the interference rule since it came across as appearing from nowhere, but I can accept it I guess... I don't think I was being childish. Pascal says "The n-word sounds like Nigeria," I say "No it doesn't." But whatever... Just whatever. I'll let the admins do their thing and I'll try to report anyone who talks about dealt-with situations from now on.

But Jayjay insulting me and calling me disgusting, saying I'm doing nothing but trolling, that I'm a racist for calling someone's racism stupid... Defending myself was genuinely an unpleasant experience, and it was stressful being treated like I was a toxic, problematic player getting "what I deserved" as if I did a scumbag racist thing, no matter how civil my replies were...

I don't know... This wasn't a nice day and I feel like whenever I try to join any community I get ganged-up on by friends defending each other and relentlessly bashing me. It's okay to defend your friends and fellow admins, but I hate being profiled as a shitty, annoying person by people who don't know me and won't listen to me. It's just a cold welcome. I miss being part of a community but lately trying to find a new one just leads to me getting sad and giving up.

Regardless, thank you again, Boy. For the record I've never really played on HeLL before so I don't know anyone here. If I was on the server in the past it wouldn't have been longer than maybe fifteen minutes while flipping through servers as if I was flipping through television channels, if that makes sense.

15. Boy

Boy Administrator

Depends how you look at it, lets say you were intending to troll or be racist by joining in the racist joke then I think jayjay's replies were quite nice and polite, but if you say that you were merely trying to clarify the fact that "nigger" doesn't sound like "nigeria" without intending to sound like you mean any harm then id say you are walking on thin ice. You simply shouldn't indulge in any sort of racist jokes. But as I said, we wont be hard on you since you are new, I have reduced your gag to 1 day now and it will expire on 28-05-2019 13:33 GMT.

Have fun.

16. Ari

Ari Junior Member

I wasn't indulging it, I was calling it stupid. It's a common joke that I've seen on literally every server that has rules against racism—UrbanDictionary.com even has several entries for both Nigeria and Niger. The joke just dumbs down to twelve-year-olds looking at a globe or map and realizing that "hahahaha xdxddd it looks like a no-no word hahaxxxd." Then they grow up without growing up and keep making the "I'm not saying a slur I'm saying a country!" punchline as if they're clever. I've even played on a couple of servers (not HeLL, like I said, I'm new here) where the admins will make the stupid racist joke when they're supposed to be enforcing no racism rules.

So it's an annoying joke, told by edgy immature people who think they're clever and funny. And the stupidest part is that the ignorance extends even to how its pronounced. The slur and the countries sound nothing alike but people who care about Nigeria and Niger solely because it has a "haha xxd funny spell name" don't know that.

So I called the racist joke stupid. And looking from the perspectives of you admins, I understand I might've looked like a troll. Random person, never been on the server before, yada yada. Kenny said "you kept on trolling like saying things about 'nigee riaah' etc." Makes sense. I understand why I might've been confusing, especially if one person shouts "racist!" and everyone else jumps on that without letting me clarify. So I don't have any grudge over the initial gag.

But I was honestly surprised the ungag request didn't end after one reply of "Oh, I see, that makes sense, I took you in the wrong way."

I do understand it from your admin perspective, but after I explained myself it sucked being just flat-out not believed...? I'm not a troll, don't call me a troll, you don't know me and it's hurtful. Are Jayjay and Kenny just going to forever hold a grudge against me? "I can't believe that nefarious racist troll Ari bullshitted herself out of her punishment, I can't wait to catch her fucking up against so I can do a permanent ban." Something like that? Cause I don't want to play on a server where I made the staff have it out for me within the first hour of trying HeLL out...

I understand the mistake and the caution and thinking I was there to cause trouble, I've admin'd for severs in the past and I do get it, but can y'all try to think about my perspective as a new player? It just... Really doesn't feel good to spend twelve hours trying to convince some stranger that I'm not the disgusting, toxic, racist troll, they've firmly profiled me as, in an unfamiliar atmosphere where everyone has every reason to gang up against me and defend their friends... For criticizing someone's stupid racist joke.

Even you're treating me like I only got out of trouble by pretending to be genuine... "Might be unaware that we do consider racism as a serious offence... As long as you are aware that the subject of the matter was indeed childish and inappropriate for server... Id say you are walking on thin ice. You simply shouldn't indulge in any sort of racist jokes..."

This day sucked, I'm left discouraged and just plain fucking sad, and I just wish I could've gotten some benefit of the doubt...

17. JayJay

JayJay Administrator

@Ari I'm sorry on my behalf if you felt I’ve accused you.
    I just don’t like the fact that you tried to continue the subject on after the fact. When an admin gives a warning it means stop.

I won’t hold any grudges against you and nor will any other admin, we treat every case each and individual where possible. However when a subject hits close to home it’s hard to be 100% partial.
    Please abide by HeLL clans rules and don’t get involved in any future debates like this on the server.

18. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

@Ari we'll give you the benefit of doubt, I had removed racism as the reason of your gag.

I hope you can see things from our point of view as well.

19. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

@Ari I told everyone to not be racism or troll with it, using adminchat. But you kept saying things about it, that's why I gagged you for racism/trolling about it. I thought you were trolling ingame but I can see now that you were just trying to help me with it. Now your gag is expired since Boy made it for 24 hours.

I'm sorry for misunderstanding you but in the future don't get between it please, if an admin warns everyone don't get interrupted between an admin and the one's we're warning. Anyway I hope to see you in the server again and sorry for the misunderstanding!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.