1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minigame Server

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Nomy, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Jaseventura

Jaseventura Member
    Donator

Best thread EU

2. Wheatley

Wheatley Member

what ann avatar ;o

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lux

Lux Veteran Member

lol you just signed up xDD

4. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Added mg_thc_lego_final.

mg_jungle_course is a very broad map, there's a lot of space between the obstacles, which isn't really that good; promotes a lot of straferunning and bhopping. Among the obstacles there are unfortunately some moving sliders and platforms which is a minus for a timer. Then I couldn't see any creative or original obstacles/traps which he so proudly mentions in his description about the map among with "much detail" and "variation to other course maps". Which is not correct.

Then the ending. If I wasn't sure about whether to add the map or not before, this is what made me sure. At the end there's a button which kills everyone. We do have those maps, kegs and sketchy for example, but those maps make it up with other qualities. An end kill button is something course makers should never include in their maps, unless it's for a good reason (you can't die on sketchy, makes sense there).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. aNimal

aNimal Member
    Donator

Ugh, this map. Played around with it for a bit just now. Overall the map seems low quality doesn't feel fun or nice to play on, it feels like a chore. It seems to lack any sense of originality and there are parts of it that are completely ripped out of other maps, iceskate for example, taken straight from mg_lt_galaxy -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And aside from the blatant gameplay copy, it looks like crap as well.

Also, the design for the deagle / knife / aim maps and such is frankly boring and uninspired -

[​IMG]

Other maps pull this off well, swag_mg and mikis_mg for example.
    I may just be being a bit picky and cynical, but imo the skybox is dreadful and some parts of the map seem like little effort went into making them, i.e bunnyhop -

[​IMG]

However for all its flaws, i do quite like the basketball minigame. It on the other hand is something i've never seen before and is actually quite a good idea. Though i am hesitant as to how it will play, to me it seems as though - with no one being able to defend the hoop - that it would be very easy to score very quickly, possibly even immediately after spawn if players get used to and learn how to knife the ball accurately.

That's generally just my impression of the map, i don't have the time to go over every minigame in the map, and they largely suffer from some of the same problems i've already mentioned.

I suspect that over time, as its updated, it may improve. But at the moment i wouldn't say its very good.

" NOTE: This Map is already the 3rd version, but still far from being finished. I plan on adding more games in the coming days/weeks/months/years...Kappa
    "

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator

Tested it a week ago or so. Low quality map with some minigames that don't work. Could be more things said to bash the map out completely but Animal summed most of it up. Bad map.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steven Seagal

Steven Seagal Member

cerdo is back and he is lord of world records

[​IMG]

9. ProfessorOak

ProfessorOak Newbie

mg_OAKS_rathouse_xmas

Hey guys, made a new map for CS:S MG, jingle jingle!
    This map participated in the Gamebanana's Winter Worlds Mapping Contest, go check it out!
    I would really appreciate a comment or rating on the map, thanks! Hope to play the map soon on HeLL! :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator

Rounding up the past maps;

Added:

mg_moarlazor_course_v3
    mg_OAKS_chutes_n_ladders_v1
    mg_xmas_nipperhouse_v3_2
    mg_frightnight_final_v3
    tron2_jb7
    mg_OAKS_rathouse_xmas
    mg_invisibleman_beta5

@Nomy can you add mg_arcs_multigames

Removed:
    mg_arcs_multigames_beta10

11. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Added.

12. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator

13. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Added.

14. Mesonyx

Mesonyx Newbie

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  15. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator

Thanks for the suggestions @Mesonyx.

Added:
    mg_waytobar_course_v2 - I've tested it in the past, I don't remember why I didn't like seeing it on the server. I like it now, oldschool course map that is nice for a timer.

Removed:
    mg_floydscourse_beta - Was optimistic about this one, knew it wasn't good for a timer but it seemed fun albeit short. Players didn't like it.

Not added:
    mg_phoenix_course_v3_1 - This is actually a very decent obstacle map. Long and challenging for a timer, runs would need to be good. There are 3 main things that ruin it however, also some minor things. Basically the map optimization needs to be a lot better because there are fps drops throughout the map especially at the big water trap, that is the main reason why this map is not going on.
    Minor: Lasers are invisible because of the floor, although they are still doable and quite easy.
    [​IMG]

Major: This moving platform literally takes more than 20 seconds to go back and forth. Ruins the point of timer.
    [​IMG]

Major: This water obstacle is very hard although possible but less experienced players will not get through it. It also decreases the fps dramatically, I usually have around 300 fps yet I get less than 100 on this.
    [​IMG]

Major: The rewards at the end again destroy the point of a timer completely. There are 5 portals to choose and this one that I took a screenshot of gives you and immunity to lasers and red textures that hurt you. You literally walk through the map.
    [​IMG]

mg_gore_course_v1 - No link, no test.

mg_kirbys_course_v2 - The little slow moving platform is the only real block for a legit WR competition. But it's minor. I am prepared to give this a test run Mesonyx if you can get other mg players on this thread wanting the map (backing it up with reasons) and if there is interest for it I can add it with a zone blocking the speed reward at the end. That would be the only way it goes on with a timer. If those terms are met then I'll add it.

mg_kippes_course - Old map, moving platforms spin so you fall off them when they turn to face the opposite direction, moving platform at the end takes a long time to go back and forth, bad ending, console spam with errors at a certain point, at the snow level you can skip the second part entirely by going on the sides (can also fall off the map). No thanks.

mg_kippes_course_v2 - Plain, dull, easy and very boring.

mg_beast_course_v5 - I remember testing various version of this map. He made it look better and fixed some bugs but otherwise there's not much to say. It's very easy and short and the end is very boring. It's just a load of things packed in one room and in the middle a zone you step in and get points. There's not sense of accomplishment. No thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Mesonyx

Mesonyx Newbie

Thanks Surp, I will try to bring some guys :)

17. Anni

Anni Newbie

18. aNimal

aNimal Member
    Donator

@Anni

We had 100traps, i believe it was removed due to how buggy it was.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Anni

Anni Newbie

aww ok :/

20. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator

If it weren't for the bugginess it would be on the server. Only downside of it is the annoying 10 sec "skip all traps" button at end. Ruins WR's.