1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeslay, or not a freeslay?

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by Lino, Mar 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kongu

Kongu Member

Seems to me that you say you "rarely do this command" yet i distinctly remember you posting this in discord literally the day before complaining the server was broken...?

Strange that.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. lofty

lofty Junior Member
    Donator

Just seen all this and can't believe it went this far to cause an argument on the forums.

IT WAS A SLAY. I was close to banning you from ct for a bit because it was a command to rebek/be killed imo. This is why I slayed you. Remember, I could have banned you from ct just as easily but like jingle said, the slay was correct, it didn't need to go any further.

As a result, if you are caught doing this sort of thing again (and from the sounds of it it's not the first time it's happened) I'd be tempted to ban you from ct. The aim of this game mode is to get Ts to lr by doing map games, not bait Ts into rebelling for them ez kills.

Please command appropriately. Use that squishy thing in your skull and don't make a mountain out of a mole hill and constantly complain when multiple admins have already said its legit.

Now can we please drop this and just enjoy the game?

• Winner Winner x 4
  3. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

By the way it was mentioned that in this gamemode you should win? If that is true lets do first/last reaction every round after taking 1 step out, should be easy win every round.

The gamemode is about having fun and controlling all the T's as a CT, not bait them into rebelling and stand close to a vent to kill them all after a bait command.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

Can we just point out that this ISNT a command to rebel. The T's who are killed in the vent all chose to not obey the command, they didnt stack outside those cells, they went in, through a vent, and then started running.

Yes its a command that encourages Ts to do this, but it doesn't make them. its still their choice to do so.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Doctor CPU

Doctor CPU Senior Member
    Donator

Many CTs when there is 1 T left encourage the last T to rebel.

6. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

Next time when a CT is in a corner I will just command all the T's to rush the corner. It isnt a command to knife the CT but I am certain that atleast 50% wants and tries to knife him. And let me just report the CT who was in the corner for baiting.. sounds very logical to me right..?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Didn't want to get mixed up in this first but here's my take.
    The aim of JB is for the T's to stay alive until only 2 are left to get last request, or successfully rebel against the CT's orders. The CT's are to resist this 'rebellion' while making the T's play games. CT's job is NOT to thin the herd by creating a 'rebel-bait' to control when T's should rebel, I think finding a way to rebel is reserved for T's.

To make it more clear, you are not going to make the T's stack near armoury door while the armoury is open, just so you can kill all T's who decide to rush into armoury. (Because you can tell with 99% certainty almost all T's will just run in). Or in the same sense lead the T's near an open vent so they jump in.
    1. CTs' job is to maintain the jail security and look after the Ts, therefore they should not be wandering around the map
    Executing your command means you are not looking after the T's, because you make it incredible easy for them to rebel, which is the opposite of looking after T's.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. krazykenn

krazykenn Member
    Donator

it's certainly a cheap way to get the rebellers killed but not against the rules imo. If rebels run into a vent, that's on them. Maybe if lino was doing it literally every round then that would be trolling

9. WildFire

WildFire Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

If you drop a gun near Ts knowing full well people will try pick it up so you spray any that go near it, that CT would be baiting them, even though they didn't gun plant. If you present a clear rebel option when there is alternatives, you are baiting the Ts to rebel, so CTs should not be doing that. It's a game about having fun, what is fun for the Ts about you mowing them down in a vent and camping it?

Try not to do this in future to avoid this unnecessary drama.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

But that's implying on VIP, you shouldn't command the Ts to go to the bottom of cell stairs because its close to armour and kitchen vent.

Wardens fairly regularly command Ts to be close to vents. or to walk past them on their way places. In those situations its the Ts fault for choosing to rebel, I don't see this being any different.

11. Vengeance

Vengeance Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

A smart warden would close the cells though so they can’t get into a vent cell....

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

Okay, the kitchen vent?

13. WildFire

WildFire Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

The distance between bottom of cell stairs and vending machine is far greater than corner of cells and vent on spyvsspy, additionally its harder for CTs to cover the vent in case of accidental freekill, whereas the vending machine can easily be protected.

@Lino please don't do this again, I've been provided with a demo uploaded on the 6/3/21, any further episodes of baiting Ts into rebelling like you have done and you'll be banned off CT.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.