1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'd like a reconsideration on a ban

Discussion in 'Unban & Unmute Requests' started by memeboi, Feb 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. memeboi

memeboi Newbie

Name:         memeboi

Server:     JB

Admin:      Bennevis

SteamID:   STEAM_0:1:79126531

Reason:      I was banned by Bennevis yesterday at 5,56 PM for bhop scrypting I presume, and i'd like to tell my side. I have less than 10 hours in css, but i bought it long ago, I wanted to play Jailbreak with it and absolutely fell in love with this server, it was really funny and even though i don't have much experience with the gamemode, everyone in the server was understanding. Yesterday I thought I'd try bhopping since i tried it in other source games and i had fun with it; My mouse wheel is broken so i asked someone else's mouse for it.
    So i binded in the css console like this: bind MWHEELUP "+jump"; bind MWHEELDOWN "+jump".

It is to my understanding that this was allowed, in fact i wanted to try it out in the HeLL jailbreak server, i got kicked at first for spamming too many commands, i was confused about it, so i entered and asked if bhopping with a mouse wheel was allowed, and I don't remember that well but I think they told me yes.
    During my 5 minute duration in that specific game I didn't pull off anything spectacular, hell, I couldn't even land that many bhops; I didn't kill any ct's, I didn't go abnormally fast, and i got killed by a ct as soon as i got away from a game, you can verify this with the demo file that Bennevis provided, You could see though from the inputs that I was jumping really fast, and i can assure that this was from the mouse wheel.

If the mousewheel bind wasn't allowed I am very sorry and i can immediately unbind them, but I would like to remind that what i did was with a borrowed mouse, mine is still broken.
    I understand your intollerance for cheaters as I can't stand them either, but I promise I didn't use any external program outside of css, I didn't use macros, or anything else because I have never thought about using something of that genre in games.

I would greatly appreciate if you could reconsider the ban, although I do understand if I did seem a bit off, but I can promise that if I do get unbanned i will never use any binds again.

Thanks

memeboi
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 5, 2021, Original Post Date: Feb 5, 2021 ---
    I'd also like to add that even though I've been playing for only 3 days I still appreciate this server, and I did just make this account on this forum just so I could reply.

2. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Hi,

The ban itself was intended to bring you to forums for your explanation.

I am satisfied with your explanation against the evidence that we have so you have been unbanned.

Thanks and enjoy the server.

3. memeboi

memeboi Newbie

Thanks a lot for unbanning me! But i am curious, was the bhop with mouse wheel allowed or not?

4. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Apologies,

Yes, you can bind +jump on mouse wheel up or down, or both. But most success is by using mouse wheel down.

Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.