1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you implement a fucking rule so people can't macro their flashlights

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by korv med brod, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Im sorry but, if your argument is based on having a seizure then as mentioned, our server isn't recommended. If you are saying it is annoying then as mentioned, sounds can be blocked. Now, if you are saying its annoying only because of the light then kindly explain how is mouse wheel flashlight spam more acceptable to you? Sorry, I am only trying to establish your stance.

2. korv med brod

korv med brod Junior Member

I'm saying that I'm afraid of having episodes, and I'm saying that it's nothing but an annoyance and distraction for other people. I don't know the difference between a mouse wheel flashlight and a macro, if a mousewheel spam isn't a constant blinking I probably wouldn't have a problem. Issue here was that the blinking was constant, going on for minutes and there were more than 1-2 lightsources blinking from different directions and when the T's had to get into a stack the flashing light was constantly infront of me so I had to immediatly leave

3. Boy

Boy Administrator

Mouse wheel flashlight spam and macro flashlight spam could both be annoying to you and potentially cause you having an episode. Personally, neither are annoying to myself. I cant speak for others. Players could be just using default "F" keyboard key to spam flashlight which could again cause annoyance and potentially cause seizure to yourself. I am really sorry you had to experience that which resulted in you leaving the server and getting worried.

4. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

Wouldnt it be fair to start enforcing the no macro rule for spamming flashlight as it is enforced for spamming jump?

They break the rules equally.

5. Boy

Boy Administrator

There are times CTs give orders to spam flashlight while jumping, etc. For a server like JB, its very unavoidable.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 5, 2021, Original Post Date: Feb 5, 2021 ---
    The macro rule is for bhoping, just to clarify. There isn't a rule against using macro for flashlight as an example and quite frankly, we dont need one.

6. korv med brod

This was not a F-key spam. I don't believe anyone can click on a button every single frame successfully over minutes without using any sort of macro. Also, I just tried the mousewheel thing for science and I don't even understand how you people can compare it, it's not at all even remotely the same thing, you can't hit it every single frame using the mousewheel and it's not even a spam. It's more similar to pressing the F key really really fast

Anyways as I said I will avoid playing the server when this thing occurs again since so many people seem to be against implementing such a simple rule that isn't a problem in any other server

Been playing here for months, this has never been a command I've ever heard a single time. This is just a nonsense argument, besides even if this was a command being used I could simply look away or try to avoid it since it would be something you can prepare for

7. Boy

Boy Administrator

Its a subjective matter and I appreciate you making a thread about it, but as much as we would like to please everyone, its not going to be possible to have something one-size-fit-all. If lots of players complained about this then perhaps we would've took a different approach but just by looking at the responses from different players and with everything said above, I dont think I can suggest anything more.

8. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

You have to be very pro at dodging random flashbangs to say you can avoid these kind of things while on the server. I dont know how and how easily your episodes gets triggered and since I have never experienced something like that I dont know your experience. However, flashlights are not very bright and compared to flashbangs etc this is really a big difference. And I can not believe you've never been hit by a flashbang on the server before..

You say you avoid everything on the map that flashes which could be true, but also very hard to believe as there are a lot of flashing/flickering lights on a lot of maps.

Maybe turning down your brightness of the game or look at brandon his suggestion (bloom thing, never tried it before but you could give it a try).

It is just very hard to ban something like this. The sound annoys the fuck out of me yes, but I can barely see the flashlight from other people. In a videogame like this, flashing lights occur a lot. Making this bannable is just a bit overkill in my opinion. Maybe try some different option or ask technical and skillfull players for tips against bright things in game.

9. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

im just here arguing that i dont think macros of any sort should be allowed. I cant believe a Super Admin just condoned the use of them in game. I cant see what possible benefit they would provide.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. korv med brod

Who the fuck do you people think you are thinking you can just judge someone's situation, I've already explained like a gazillion times that it's the constant flickering that is dangerous similar to strobe lights at clubs. I don't really sense any sort of dizziness with flashbangs unless they're constant going on for more than 1 time and it's not like there's some specific exact algorithm to it, if I start feeling like I'm about to have an episode then that's just the way it fucking is and I walk away from my computer and take a break. Also, there's not "a lot of flickering lights on maps", JB is actually one of the gamemodes with the least amount of flickering since it's mainly just the disco areas going crazy which is completly avoidable (also you know there's an actual button in discos that actually turns the strobe lights off right?)

All the comments about it not being bannable or punishable is completly nonsensical. You're all basically saying "well in JB we jump around a lot right so we can't ban bhop macroing". Like what? Yes people use flashlights in the game but having a macro hitting a flashlight every fucking frame is different from someone just turning it on/off

Also yes, you're right, flashlights are "barely noticeable" but when Ts have to get into a stack and I see a constant blinking light going on/off at the center of my screen it's quite fucking noticeable. If there was a rule where I can look in another direction if someone is macroing a flashlight then that would be fine but the commands are literally "stare at this exact spot for about 5 minutes until I give you all another command" which makes it fucking impossible to avoid

It's a very simple problem, if anyone is macroing their flashlights they get slayed. Enough of the story, but no, apparently it's too hard for people to differeniate someone pressing F from someone actually using a macro hitting a flashlight every single frame.

So as I've already said I will avoid playing whenever this thing occurs which probably no one gives a shit about since I'm not paying to play but it's just such a simple problem that is easily fixable but no one can be bothered and no one can even be honest about not being bothered but instead try and backwards rationalize how "It's not bright for me uuuuh it's so hard to know when someone's macroing!". If you can ban bhop macroing I'm pretty sure you can ban any other type of macroing, just be fucking honest that you're not bothered to fix it and don't care enough

11. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

Apparently you didnt even read what I typed apart from like the first 5 words, but whatever. I literally said I can not know what you experience so dont go on a rage mode saying that I am judging you, as I did not. But again, perceive it how you want.

2nd, when you shoot a gun the tip of the gun makes a lights that flickers. As I said, and I will say it again, I have never experienced something like that so I dont know what triggers it for you BUT, shooting a gun also makes a small flickering. I am just trying to understand how these flickerings are different from a flashlight, flashbangs, etc. as they are all flickerings.

I am here to help me understand so I could give you advice and to help you play the game you enjoy withouth being interrupted every time, but you are here to argue anyone who tries to help you and ask you questions. You are pretty aggressive and hostile towards anyone who is not instantly on his knees saying that you are right.

You told Boy just a couple posts ago that you've never heard the command he mentioned. I have never heard the command "stare at this point for 5 minutes". You should also stop making bullshit arguments to make your point across.

If you are in a stack you can mostly look at any direction you want. (left right up down, whatever)
    If you have to be shoulder to shoulder facing cells, go to the end of the line so there are not 4/5 people around you flashing their lights, but maximum only 1 person.
    If there are still people next to you, maybe try looking at the ground or straight up in the air while your character ingame is looking at cells.
    You can also always ask the commander to possibly move you away a bit from the stack, line, wherever. We are all human and if you are being serious about it in-game, I think some wardens will think along with you. However ofcourse if a warden tries to help you, dont go on a rebelling rampage as they move you, just for your sake, from the group and you are harder to controll.

From what Ive read in your last post, these are some tips to help you avoid this flashlights. I hope it helps as again, I do not know how it gets triggered for you and how easily.

Again, I am not here judging you, so dont feel so attacked and dont attack me the way you did. I want to understand and possibly help you, but you must also accept people helping you and that these people ask questions. And you must accept the rules from the admins of the server who own these servers.

I hope if you answer, you can answer in a normal fashion and dont burst out in a rage again, as no one here thinks your episodes are not serious. We just try to understand and try to make you understand things that happen on the server. You cant expect the owners to adapt their servers to every thing a person asks.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. korv med brod

I do not want to argue so I will respond to this quickly, if you have nothing more to add don't respond because after reading this you should clearly understand my position which should've been obvious after I've stated the same things multiple times

You go on and assume that flashbangs are triggering when I stated about 10000 times that constant, fast switching lights have been an issue for me in the past when flashbangs isn't even doing that. Just disrespectful

"Hard to believe" yes this sounds very respectful and as if you're trying to understand the situation when I've already explained about 1000 times that map effects are avoidable

Not even closely the same thing, it's not constant over a long period of time, it has a way lower opacity and is near invisible compared to flashlights and also it's not covering 90% of my screen as it is when someone is literally standing inside me flashing. Why do I even have to explain this?

No, I said on the previous page that I thanked for the answers and wasn't going to play when these things occured but you people kept assuming things and kept asking questions trying to rationalise it by saying "WeLl MoUsE WheEl". I'm alright with admins not giving a shit but atleast be honest by not giving a shit instead of trying to come up with random excuses for why this rule isn't possible to implement, admins on the previous page have even stated that they warn people who flash lights in this manner, it's just that there isn't any formal rule enforcing it and for some reason everyone seem to think this is an impossible task when bhop macroing is already banned and seem to compare it to "well if we can't macro flashlights we can't use flashlights at all!!!!"

Here's the command I was referring to if it wasn't clear enough:

"Stand below the number 5 and face the back of the wall"

This is when I disconnected. So no, it's not a bullshit command and is used in almost every round

Yes I get it, I will disconnect when this happends again and not talk about it. Not really sure how anyone think that having a warden give a specific T a specific command is any easier than just slaying people for macroing flashlights (OR ATLEAST GIVE US THE OPTION TO VOTEKICK THEM)

Well I've been holding it in from the last like 10 bullshit responses and I wanted to end the thread but you guys apparently didn't and you can only be disrespected a certain amount of times before you get angry

I'm literally the only one here respecting anyone. I've already said I understand if admins doesn't give a shit so I will not play when these things occur and I will not talk about it

• Repost Repost x 1
  13. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

Respectull yet calling all the responses that go against you "bullshit responses" and tYpInG tHeiR ReSPonEs like that isnt really respectfull either.

You barely reacted to my tips and why it wouldnt help. If you ban macro spamming they could still mousewheel spam in front of you so dont know how that would help but ok. And you do not know how these players spam their lights so maybe banning flashlight macros doesnt even help.

If admins didnt gave a shit this thread would be moved to spam folder and ignored by admins, yet they respond in explaining you why they can not do something about it or why they dont want to.

By the way, about the flashbangs I want to know how and why and how easily it gets triggered. On some maps ct's get multiple flashes and ive been flashed 5/6 times in a row a lot of times. Pretty disrespectfull towards me to call me disrespectfull when I want to understand YOUR problem and help YOU out.

About the gun and why you have to explain is because I barely even notice flashlights from other people, just like I barely notice the gun shots and yes even if they flashlight straight into my face. So therefore I think I asked a pretty normal question. Thanks for answering in a not understanding and disrespectfull way.

Can I not find it hard to believe that you avoid flickering things? A lot of start screens of maps have flickerings, warden commands a lot of times for people to go inside disco. What if you spectate and click through players and someone is in disco with these lights? I just try to understand as there are unlimited possibilities to see flickering lights in this game and yet you say you avoid them all. I was wondering how.

On a lot of maps there arent even numbers so dont know how that gets commanded a lot. And if you have to stack under a number/in a corner, cant you look down or up to avoid seeing the light? Again this is just a simple question yet you cant seem to answer this. Only thing you can say is that you will disconnect and not speak about it for some reason, while I tried giving you tips.

Saying admins dont give a shit simply because they dont want to change 1 thing for 1 player is pretty disrespectull towards the admins and owners. I cant believe how you stated that you were the only one being respectfull seeming that in my eyes you are the only one being disrespectful.

Whatever response you type towards me I will not respond after this, as it seems to me you dont want to be helped. You only want what you say and everything else is bad. This is not the way it goes in a community.

I tried helping you by asking questions so not only I could understand but maybe also the owners/admins on the server, yet you can only respond aggressively with barely answering anyones questions. And I dont accept that people treat me that way after I try to help. The forums are to explain and you dont seem willing to explain.

I hope you will get it figured out and that you will feel more safe playing on the server without thinking about your safety on having episodes. Good luck

14. Boy

Boy Administrator

With that analogy, you are saying we should look to ban whatever that doesn't possibly benefit the gameplay on server? What is the reason you want us to ban macros on flashlight that isn't already mentioned in posts above? Please don't repeat "seizures" and "annoyance" as its already been covered. Unless you just want to suggest us implement a rule for no real reason? By default, players are able to use flashlight on css and it doesnt give them any unfair advantage ingame if they were to use it with a macro.

15. korv med brod

Initially I was going to respond trying to outline exactly how my seizures can occur but I feel like I've explained enough as is, there is nothing more for me to explain and the questions you have can be answered in my previous posts

I'm sorry if I came across as aggressive, I didn't mean to disrespect you or the staff members. Which is simply, why I'm not going to play if this thing occurs. I was simply frustrated how some admins enforce this gray-area rule while others doesn't. Which just makes me ask why this can't be enforced globally for all admins. But apparently, it's an impossibility which is fine, I'll simply not play during these sessions.

Also, I appreciate if you want to help. But if there's something you don't understand then there's nothing that can be explained to you to make you understand because it's based on experience, it's similar to the arguments of "well how can you have OCD if you don't clean your hands?". It's a spectrum, it's hard and advanced to fully comprehend, some people just get seizures randomly, some have triggers, some get it consistently without any triggers. I can't explain to you in exact specific details how the seizures occur, I just know that, the faster switch of color = the more likely to get a seizure. That's it. And I try to avoid it. I've already explained how the macro flashlight is different from every other light source in the game, so if you're interested in that read every post I've written

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Kalas

Kalas Junior Member

lost to light

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Doctor CPU

Doctor CPU Senior Member
    Donator

So is this classed as a macro?

bind "f" "+toggle_flashspam"
    alias "+toggle_flashspam" "Impulse 100; bind mwheeldown flashspam; bind mwheelup flashspam"
    alias "-toggle_flashspam" "-use; bind mwheeldown +jump; bind mwheelup +jump"
    alias "flashspam" "bind mwheeldown Impulse 100; bind mwheelup Impulse 100"

18. RandomGlitch

RandomGlitch Senior Member
    Donator

You ask for a rule against flashlight macros yet have rebuked any questions asked or help offered by the other posters here, even becoming aggressive, do you expect special treatment where all of your individual expectations are met without question? In my eyes you're acting rather spoilt.
    A club wouldn't turn off strobes because someone might have an episode, they would and do advise those at risk to avoid the club altogether.

If you suffer from episodes induced by flashing lights then you should be fully aware of the risks of playing video games of any type, especially those that revolve around custom maps and plugins like CS:S does. It is unfortunate that you find yourself having to leave the game when this flashing occurs and as @Suicide pointed out above there are some steps you can take yourself to avoid or limit these issues, as you have already said you do for things like disco lights, if these are ineffective then I'm afraid that for your own safety you should stop playing. These are problem you will find in any form of video media and it is your choice to use these media at your own risk.

I would however suggest that the server has some form of warning for those with epilepsy or at risk of seisures, perhaps in the form of a periodic Lsay message (I think some rules such as those regarding bhop scripts and slurs could benefit from similar messages). As far as I'm aware CS:S lacks its own warning of this type in regards to epilepsy and other forms of seisures, fits and episodes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. korv med brod

No I don't expect special treatment which is why I say I will leave the game when this occurs, I wouldn't say this is a spoilt behaviour

The club example doesn't really work, because the blinking lights in that case is caused by the location and not the ones visiting the club. Here's a better one:

The TLDR is: I entered a public space, someone exploited a light source in said public space, I wanted a rule implemented that made sure people can't do that, but everyone say it's an impossibility. I tell them fine, I'll leave. Then they start arguing with me about random points and start asking me questions in specific about the issue even if I didn't want to

I know it's at my own risk which is why I've been saying I will leave the game when it occurs if a solution isn't implemented

Yes it would be nice to have seizure warnings that state that extreme flashlight blinking might occur from other players so that people are aware that macro blinking isn't a bannable offense so people with this type of problem can leave immediatly when they see blinking from other players instead of expecting them to be removed

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021