1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you implement a fucking rule so people can't macro their flashlights

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by korv med brod, Feb 5, 2021.

1. korv med brod

korv med brod Junior Member

In the past I've had seizures from flashing lights in games and I wouldnt be surprised if there are more, so can you implement a fucking rule so people can't macro blink their fucking flashlights just to disturb others, there's no point to it and it just hurts others. Also, for everyone who say "JuSt LoOk aWaY", I mean, it would work if there was only like 1 person doing it, but today there was atleast like 4 people just spamming all directions

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. GeorgeLAD

GeorgeLAD The Experienced
    Donator

We used to warn and slay for flashlight spamming but since the '!flashlight' command was implemented we no longer do it.

Type !flashlight in game and you can toggle the sound off and on. As for it hurting your eyes, It's not very bright at all, multiple flashbangs/disco lights can be way worse.

3. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

There is a command you can use (I'm sure someone else will help me remember what it is), that turns off the sound of flashlights.

Also though, Rule 2 of the server is "No Bunnyhop scripts, hacks, freescrolls, hyperscrolls and macros allowed."

So I think that would make flashlight macros bannable.

4. korv med brod

the SOUND isn't even a problem, if the SOUND was a problem I would just mute the entire game, the issue is the CONSTANT flashing similar to disco lights in disco rooms (WHICH ARE AVOIDABLE)

I'll start avoiding playing when this thing occurs if no rule is implemented, which probably no one cares about. It's just fucking sad that I have to avoid playing when there's such a simple fix to just not allow macros on the server, a macro especially that does nothing but hurt, annoy and distract people

5. GeorgeLAD

GeorgeLAD The Experienced
    Donator

They aren't using macros....they're just binding flashlight to mousewheel up/down and scrolling, making the flashlight constant.

6. korv med brod

It's still a completly useless thing that is easily fixable. I don't understand how this is a hell-only issue either, I've literally never seen this sort of thing in CSS before in any other server

7. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

Im quite sure lots of people do use a macro to spam their flashlight too... most people have their mwheel up/down for jumping.

There a quite a few good bhoppers that are also able to spam their flashlight much faster than even scroll wheel.

Also, if its constant, its not scroll wheel.

8. Bennevis

Bennevis Senior Member
    Donator

Either way if they do spamming flashlight in game with macro or mousewheel I warn them not to.

9. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Since when are flashlights so bright that you get blinded/or a seasure? I have seen 10 players using flash light and it did not blind or bother me at all. You probably have bloom enabled, go to options->view->advanced and make sure 'bloom' is turned off.

Plus some players do not have mics and use flashlight to communicate for example who they choose as LR partner.

Also calm down with the fucking, there's no need for that

10. korv med brod

Ah yes because a macro is needed to communicate and not just pressing the flashlight button on/off slowly :clap:

11. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

No ones saying to ban flashlights. We want to ban those who use a macro or spam it for no reason other than to annoy other players.

12. John B.

John B. Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

Also korv we did try and tell you a command to put !flashlight it blocks out all the sound of the flashlight spam , and I warned the person who was doing it visa private message and the person left the game

13. korv med brod

Sound isn't a problem. There were around 3 people doing it and they were all online when I left

14. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

I really think that the rules need to be enforced for flashlights as they would be for Mic / Chat. Spamming and using macros to type in chat wouldn't be okay.

But then in fairness, admins need to see something to take action. and most of the time when an admin is about, people do get asked to stop spamming flashlight.

15. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

If flashlight is getting used to annoy other players admins already warn them generally, like John just said. And if you find the flashlights too bright read my suggestion above

16. Myles

Myles The Experienced
    Retired Member

I don't think this is something that would become a rule I'm afraid. As said previously there are maps with flashing lights which are brighter then the flashlight, would you want a map to be removed because it had flashing lights?

Admins on the servers can warn for spamming, so make them aware if it happens, but this originally was targeted at the sound spam more then the light itself.

We would like to accommodate people where possible but games now a days also come with warnings of flashing lights which may trigger seizures.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. korv med brod

Funny, the admins just said there was nothing they could do because it isnt against the rules

18. Doctor CPU

Doctor CPU Senior Member
    Donator

I have to put up with bloom on because steam keeps installing an old ass config.

I never have found flashlight bright at all. I can barely even see them when the map uses lights.

19. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Hi,

To start off, if you are subject to seizures from playing games then I would not recommend you play css or on our servers. There are moments with flashbangs, flashlights (as you have mentioned) and other map textures that could be flashing, so if you are sensitive to that then please be mindful.

Flashlights would remain enabled on our servers, and while they are enabled, you can eliminate the sounds which agreeably could cause annoyance. Furthermore as already mentioned by the regulars from the server that if a player complains then warnings are issued.

Hope this addresses all of your concerns.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. korv med brod

Already explained that map effects are avoidable, ty for the responses. I will avoid playing when this thing occurs (Also I never asked to ban flashlights, I asked to ban macros)