1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inappropriate conversation

Discussion in 'Report a Player' started by The Secret, Sep 26, 2020.

1. The Secret

The Secret Member

Name:         
    Rory
    Server:     
    HeLL JB
    SteamID:   
    STEAM_0:0:11492668
    Reason:      
    Calling a fallen (dead) victim of police abuse (George Floyd) a masonic actor, after me as a PA warning him to keep his comments to himself he insists on his opinion and kongu later on joining the conversation calling me a "snowflake"

Proof:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2240116355[​IMG]

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2240119978[​IMG]
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2240120042[​IMG]

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2240120128[​IMG]

Also, kongu keeps it up by saying :
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2240128518[​IMG]

I'd appreciate @Boy or @WildFire to comment on it.

2. Kongu

Kongu Member

I didn't call you a snowflake. I said it's the "snowflake generation" i.e. under 20's nowadays who get offended by everything. That wasn't regarding what you were talking about, it was a general comment. Don't make it into a personal attack on you when it wasn't.

Also I just pointed out the facts. Never said the abuse was deserved etc. The report is on Rory, if you want to do a report on me, then you should do a seperate post :)

3. The Secret

The Secret Member

The reason why I haven't reported you yet, but as u have put your comment in midst of the conversation, it seems to be pointed at me

4. Kongu

Kongu Member

Well it wasn't it was a general comment. No malice intended :)

5. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

Rory is gagged for 1 week for inappropriate behaviour.

@Rory :) the servers are not the appropriate place to vent controversial viewpoints, we want to maintain a clean atmosphere and you often can be controversial, so please take this punishment as a warning for the future also. You will be banned if you continue.

@Kongu Please do not interfere with admins when they are dealing with rule-breakers. This is not allowed. You are warned here, and if you repeat something similar in future, you'll be gagged as well.

The servers are not the place for contentious topics. We are gaming servers, not a debate or news show. The conversations in the server should reflect this, and should remain friendly and fun.

Thank you for the report. If you have further evidence in future please post it here.

6. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

@The Secret I agree with Jingle, you did the right thing by asking Rory to stop with such comments and equally asked gin to stop discussing that topic on server. If you feel your warning was being ignored by Rory then you could gag him being a PA.

7. Rory :)

Rory :) Junior Member

Well.

Good job keeping the server safe secret. That was getting scary for a sec there.

Keep up the good work

8. Creeplin

Creeplin Member
    Donator

I was there and let me say this incident had 0 relevance during the round and I dont understand the fixation with the subject and the over-weighing of the situation which resulted in a week gag. The discussion was not even started by Rory because he gave his opinion by answering somebody elses question. Furthermore, Rory only mentioned 'the thing' once which triggered The Secret into giving him reprimands which Rory then answered without referring to the sensitive subject at hand. The only reason why this discussion dragged more than it should have was the back and forth dialogue between Rory and The Secret which ended in some personal remarks (not the sensitive subject).

This doesn't concern me at all, im just trying to communicate my opinion as I believe Administrators should put away personal beliefs, emotions and bias when enforcing their power. Also, I am uneducated in Rory's past records which could explain this 'exagerated' punishment, but as an individual incident I believe the punishment is unwarranted.

9. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

They both had choices to make. gin choses to ask that question, Rory chose to answer. You can argue they didn't realise such discussion wouldn't be allowed on the server. The PA warns them, Rory carries on. You are right, we do look at past record. This isn't his first time. If he feels this is unfair he can follow the unban/unmute process.