1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSS Jailbreak map rotation

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by The Secret, Jul 22, 2020.

1. The Secret

The Secret Member

The CSS Jailbreak map rotation is getting too repetitive, and we have some different maps with different games and secrets that i think will add more diversity. so can we just increase the "recently played map ban list"

Or is there another suggestion u guys have for this?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

I think we should all play and rate the maps AFTER we played the maps. Maybe have a forced rotation on a certain day and make a forum post to rate the maps.

It would be pointless to rate a map if you did not play it properly. (Using vents, secrets, comannding a proper round, playing games in the map etc).

This way we can see what maps are liked by the players and during the forced rotation discover new maps that could be very good when played properly.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. J.Gatsby

J.Gatsby Member
    Donator

People are far too quick to rtv to play most maps anyway. Very annoying when you are playing a rare but great map.

4. The Secret

The Secret Member

That should also be changed, we should only be able to rtv after a few rounds, there's a technical issue an admin should be able to activate RTV or idk

5. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

I think most people are just used to play overplayed maps and don't like the ones that we barely play. Could be because they don't know the games/secrets/vents and start hating the map for it and start RTVing.

I can agree not all maps are good/fun but most of them are, so playing on a old map doesn't mean it's a bad map. It's just basically 'new' for them because they dont know the map. And I don't think disabeling RTV would work, no matter what people LOVE to play on the overplayed ones.

6. wik50

wik50 Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

Yea that is true. Many times people shout rtv just to troll the server and force a mapchange right after the new one. Also when warden dislikes the map the "rtv for freeday" is often called upon which many respons to and rtv. Maybe change so rtv can only be done after a certain time instead of people disliking the map and instantly whining and rtving it.

7. The Secret

The Secret Member

Even if they RTV, if we have the "recently played banned maps" list bigger, and have rtv cooldown. let's say max 1 rtv per hour

We can get to play more maps and games

8. Chasin

Chasin Member
    Donator

Good suggestion, increasing it by 3 or so wont do any harm at all. Summer and all the overplayed maps will still be played, except we get a few not so overplayed maps inbetween.

great suggestion and easy to implement

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

I feel like this would just lead to people choose another 3 favourites that will get played as much as summer or VIP.

Also, i dont think theres anything wrong with overplayed maps. People vote for what map they want to play. if that leads to some maps being overplayed, that just means they are the player bases favourite maps. Forcing the playerbase to play maps they dont want to play just becasue the vocal minority says so seems daft to me.

If people didnt want to play these maps as much, they wouldnt vote for them.

10. The Secret

The Secret Member

people usually vote for what they see on the first 3, (especially 1) and there are underappreciated maps like paradise.

even paper alive is not being played lately