1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't upload sprays

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by Daphur, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Daphur

Daphur Junior Member

No matter what I do I can't use sprays, besides VTF files. This happens on any source game I try. CSS, Gmod, L4D2, Ect. I know the images I'm attempting to use work as sprays in source games. The first image is a PNG 604x591 which is the spray I use for CSS, The other is a JPG 750x748 Which I use for TF2. The spray I am trying to use is a JPG 750x748 it is different from the TF2 Spray. But when I try to upload any image it says its corrupt or the size is wrong. I don't get what is wrong with my images...

2. Amin

Amin Senior Member
    Content Creator Donator

png files dont work u can either convert the pic to JPG, or to VTF if u need the spray with transparent background. i recommend this website to convert PNGs to VTF : https://sprays.tk/

3. Daphur

Daphur Junior Member

Thank you also that's weird cause the image I use for CSS spray is actually a png hehe

4. FBA

FBA Member

Did you figure it out? I know console commands that might help maybe... also cute gif u got there :O

5. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

To have gif sprays you need to use a .VTF file. This is for background, but it explains how to use the software. https://hellclan.co.uk/threads/41443/

6. RatmirBoS

RatmirBoS Newbie

By optimizing your images before uploading them as sprays, you might be able to overcome the "corrupt file" or "incorrect size" errors you've been encountering.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 4, 2024, Original Post Date: Mar 4, 2024 ---
    BTW, It's frustrating when you encounter difficulties uploading sprays despite using compatible image formats like PNG and JPG. It sounds like you've tried various images and sizes, but still haven't had any luck.

One thing to consider is the compression level of your JPG images. Sometimes, certain games have strict requirements for image file sizes, and high levels of compression can result in errors during the upload process.

A handy solution to this could be to optimize your JPG images using jpg compress. This online tool allows you to fine-tune the compression levels of your JPG files, potentially reducing their size without compromising too much on quality."

Last edited: Mar 5, 2024