1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's settle this once and for all

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by Ronnie Pickering, Jan 8, 2019.

?

Are you for rule 19 or against?

1. For rule 19

38 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. Against rule 19

37 vote(s)
    49.3%
  1. Knifer

Knifer Veteran Member

I’m so confused now...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

The pussy hiding Ts are alive because the CTs didn't cell check properly or weren't attentive. CTs can count and kill the missing Ts so they actually reward the Ts obeying their commands.

Yea that command is fine. You can kill them for delaying.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  3. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

Ur not the only one lel...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I'm sorry it's been a day. I don't know what I was thinking.

This was pointed out in one of the previous thread and !rt or !randomt was introduced.
    You choose a random T and ask him/her to do a game, if they fail, you get 2 Ts.
    If he/she passes, move on to next T, and so on... until you get 2 Ts.

Please check these threads:
    https://hellclan.co.uk/threads/39853/
    https://hellclan.co.uk/threads/40055/

• Like Like x 2
  5. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

No problem, take your time. I get it now I have read some posts again twice, so it's clear for me now. Thanks for the help.

6. ppengu

ppengu The Experienced
    Donator

Sorry for the long post (I can't think of a shorter way to get my point across)

Even when the CT are in full control this rule is kind of toxic the way it is being used. Here are a few scenario when CT have control.

Scenario 1:
    CT: "All T's when I say go jump into green pool" ... "Go"
    All but 2 T's jump, only 1 survives by landing in the pool
    CT: "Three seconds to jump or you die"
    Remaining two stay up eventually CT start shooting killing both and only giving LR to victor making the CT who got last kill a free killer for no reason, after all he did not follow commands.

Scenario 2:
    Football 3v3, two T die resulting in a 3v1 but the team of 1 wins. CT are now forced to play another game delaying a long football round so they can fairly decide which 2 die on the losing team. (happens in other games but football is the main one)

Scenario 3:
    Remaining 3 T's are not doing any commands. Which T dies?
    You said all 3 die earlier but this is not how it is working on the server at the moment as the last 2 always get LR no matter what.

Now changing the rule to say something like "All is forgiven for any T the first time they start an LR", I think makes it easier on CT and still lets T rebel and hide until LR whilst removing the main problem.

Scenario 1:
    CT kill the 2 that did not jump from diving board, no free kills as they did not start any LR
    Alternatively 1 of the guys that did not jump manage to start an LR before getting killed and is allowed to continue like normal.

Scenario 2:
    CT kill the 3 losers leaving victor to LR, no delay with having to play another game and same as above maybe a T from losing team manages to start an LR and continue as normal.

Scenario 3:
    CT can kill all the T not doing commands without fear of admin punishing him over this last 2 must get LR.

They are only forgiven after the 1st LR and if they rebel and LR again they can still be killed. This means that T's can still do what ever method they wish to try and make it to LR.

This rule was originally only enforced to stop CT insta killing a T after finishing an LR because he ran away or rebelled his way there but now its kinda weird how its being enforced.

I love the idea that T's can do anything they want to earn LR, I still try and kill my team with the big ball in VIP and do not want the rule removed I just think it needs changed a little.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 12, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 12, 2019 ---
    Even I do not want to read that shit post, too tired for this.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Knifer

Knifer Veteran Member

Maybe if cts weren’t so demanding In trying to get rid of ts quickly then such Scenarios wouldn’t happen. Making us jump from a difficult position in to green pool rather than using the green diving board then you’re going to expect a massacre of ts and that is what happened. Ts would be hesitant to make the jump. Maybe avoid doing such commands and you wouldn’t have this problem of scenario 1 and 3.

Scenario 2 can be dealt with easily...soon as you see only 1 player on the other team left stop the game and just do last reaction
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 12, 2019 ---
    You can also command before football by saying if there’s only one t left on the other team then they automatically lose and die.

8. JayJay

JayJay Administrator

@ppengu

Could you suggest how you would reword it just so i can see please?

the rule

9. Boy

Boy Administrator

Random T.

10. ppengu

ppengu The Experienced
    Donator

Rule 19: Anything a T has done is to be forgiven once starting the first LR

• Like Like x 1
  11. topbadge

topbadge Veteran Member
    Content Creator Donator

Meaning that you're still a rebel until you've started your first LR.

12. Tammahshay ™☆

I guess everyone has spoken and the polls show that this rule is to removed

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  13. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

say that to Nomy

14. MostWanted007

MostWanted007 Member

Almost half and half is not really "showing" too much :wondering:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ge0➆

Ge0➆ Member
    Donator

@Ronnie Pickering @kenny7 Both of you don't have any argument against this rule that hasn't been cleared out but you still want to remove this rule. Why?

• Like Like x 2
  16. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

Nah the rule is fine for now, nothinf against it.

17. RSWReece

RSWReece Member
    Donator

Personally, having been playing JB for like 5 years, my biggest qualm with rule 19 is that it rewards sloppy rebelling and delaying. In a game such as "jump from the diving board" you just delay until everyone's died and then you just spam mic saying rule 19. This causes issues in quite a few games, and I think the best solution to this would be changing the wording of Rule 19 to "Once a T enters a last request, they are no longer considered a rebel and are pardon from all previous instances of rebelling" Therefore, the T needs to actively get into LR and the warden can still punish them if they delay in such a game. If the T does manage to get into the LR quick enough, then good for them.

I do think a rule like rule 19 was necessary as the whole "kill the T after LR" was bullshit, but I do think the current wording of it does have issues that could be improved.

18. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Rule 19 has been changed to this. It is effective immediately.

I'm sorry but rule 19 is here to stay regardless of the outcome of this poll. This poll isn't to be taken officially.

The rule has now been changed to be more fair on CTs and prevent issues CTs are running into. It still allows for Ts to be forgiven for rebelling once they are in LR.

I suggest PayAdmins read ppengu's post to have a more clear understand of the change.

• Like Like x 8
  19. Hans Tier

Hans Tier Guest

Uhm ... I fail to see the difference between what we had before and what we have now. :mask:
    Last 2 Ts get LR regardles of what happened before.

20. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

It's no longer like that. If the T gets into LR and chooses a game, he is to be forgiven for his previous rebel.

Say you have 1 of the last 2 Ts who is hiding and not doing LR, CTs can kill him unless he chooses an LR.

This rule revision also changes back how football was before Rule 19 was introduced.
    In 1 vs 3 situation for example, if the lone T wins football, the CT can kill the 3 loser Ts at once. (Unless somehow a loser T manages to start an LR)

The core idea for Rule 19 is still there but it no longer relies on 2 Ts reaching LR. Instead it relies on the T activating an LR.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 10