1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kick AFKs (concerning to PA and Hell members)

Discussion in 'Feedbacks & Suggestions' started by Hans Entertainment, May 27, 2018.

?

Do you want such thing? (Vote after finished reading my suggestion)

Poll closed Aug 25, 2018.
  1. Yes

58.3%
  2. No

41.7%
  1. Hans Entertainment

Hans Entertainment Senior Member

Before I start: I don't know if someone has already made a thread about this topic and I have no idea about computer and stuff, maybe my suggestion is a suggestion which is way too difficult to calulate it.

So I have experienced this too many times: Admin is AFK, someone breaking rules, nearly everyone wants to punish the player, however this is not possible because an admin is online passivel-so voteban, etc is impossible.

My suggestion: a command which allowes to kick admins if they are AFK! How and when do I know if the admin is really AFK? Maybe it is possible to record time that a T is doing nothing (compare HG servers-you'll get swapped to spectators after 15 sec. Being AFK) with 15/30 mins. After this time has passed, you can type for example !afk and choose the player (he will only show up after he passed the time).

Yes I do know that you can report everyone but I think Hell members and the persons who report them are getting pissed to this for every minor issue but enough to punish.

So what do you think? Do you agree or do I think too much and just stick to reports?

2. Hans Tier

Hans Tier Guest

If you really want that for admins exclusively, I would say no. I think I know who you might refer to, and if you see admins being afk you can always inform a HeLL member or ask another PA to remove the afk admin (if its the last admin online).

Other than that we have some non-admins that are afk regulary, longest Ive seen so far is over 30 hours. Would be nice if they are removed automatically when inactive for 30 mins or so. Its especially bad since such players block votes when there are only few players but they still impede voting when its more people active.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hans Entertainment

I really have not created this for specific admins, I realised after a time that it happens sometimes

To the rest: I respect that :)

4. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

This has been a recurring issue throughout the years, but nothing can really be done about it apparently except, as stated by Hans, tell another admin or member.
    I personally think we should be able to vote even with admins on, because it happens also sometimes that a dozen people see someone breaking the rules, want to vote, only to be told by the payadmin/admin there that THEY didn't see it so THEY can't do anything about it.

Then they tell you to report it to the forums. Then the forums tell you to tell an admin rather than take it to forums.

I personally tried messaging a few admins/members for an issue, but it's been two weeks and still nothing.

TL;DR
    Should we have an option to kick afk admins? No.
    But should we be able to vote when an admin is on? I think yes.

5. Hans Entertainment

I do have thought about to but I think it' better to stick to normal reaction and action rather than to still be able to vote people. Why? A scenario: Admin is AFK and trollers try to voteban him, that's not funny, although if we only stick to VOTEKICK, then yes why not

6. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

If I remember correctly, the default plugin doesn't allow regular players to vote_ someone with higher privileges (payadmin/member), so there wouldn't be any issue on that point.
    More often than not, payadmins do tell us they can do what they want and don't HAVE to "work" while playing the game, which is totally fine, they deserve to enjoy the game too.
    But my point is arguably right on the fact that no matter if a payadmin is online or afk, it prevents us from voting someone who is breaking the rules, and they sometimes are too late to witness or act upon it.

Then again, I have no idea what the cons would be, cause vote trolls to get dealt with already on servers like soccer and surf.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. 98ankush

98ankush Member

Well just because i have suffered this i vote yes .Idk if pa can kick afk Hell members toh

8. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

Payadmins cannot do commands on ]HeLL[ members.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 28, 2018, Original Post Date: May 28, 2018 ---
    I’m not joking lol why is that funny xD

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Good that you brought it up and firstly I will apologise and admit that I am also guilty of this as a number of times im playing on a server and someone messages me on steam which results in me moving onto forums if not then a lengthy discussion and then I get busy on digging some stuff up and it does get to a point where I totally forget that I'm ingame. This is not suppose to happen and I hope this makes all PAs and ]HeLL[ members aware and to be more responsible when being afk on servers.

I dont think we will allow anyone to remove ]HeLL[ members from the servers, either through vote or whatever. Im not gona speak for all members but for myself, I sometimes don't like players knowing if I am there or AFK. Comes handy gathering evidence for something. Sometimes I just come on to do my thing, check the server, observe players and leave without having to answering lots of questions ^^

The best solution would be if you do realise that an admin is afk, just gather evidence and report as normal. If there is an admin who is constantly afk while something happens then you would have to bring it to his attention and hopefully they will appreciate the fact that server basically cannot do anything if there happens to be a cheater while they are afk.

Another solution would be to call another admin as mentioned above. I know these solutions aren't ideal but allowing players to kick clan members isn't practical.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hans Entertainment

Thank your for your response and ok, I'll stick to the mentioned solutions!
    --- Double Post Merged, May 28, 2018, Original Post Date: May 28, 2018 ---
    I cant take you serious by saying that, thats all :D

• Funny Funny x 1