1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Repeatedly cheating LR and generally not reforming in response to admins

Discussion in 'Report a Player' started by Jingle Jangles, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

Name: Salamboo        

Server: CSS Jailbreak    

SteamID:  STEAM_0:1:51409620 

Reason:  Cheats in LR, doesn't respond or change his behaviour when prompted by admins through warnings and punishments    

Proof: demo

https://mega.nz/#!KWozHBxJ!VNXkbmZknqHkOni5AIiFe_Zb5kHC3zeopbgE_z5XJoc

Whenever this player gets LR as T he does the same thing, picks gun toss then kills the opponent immediately without saying anything, tossing his gun or playing the lr. I've warned him for it before at least once so I decided to ban him for 1 day. However, I checked sourcebans and noticed he has already been banned just this Monday for 1 day for exactly the same reason "cheating in lr". I wasn't aware of this, so am requesting that the ban be extended appropriately to reflect the fact that he has repeated the offense.

I also note that he has been ctbanned 15 times. Two of these are by me and the latest was a collaborative effort by myself and another admin. On these 3 occasions he demonstrated that he either did not understand warnings by admins, or chose not to care. He does appear to speak English, you can see at the end of the demo here that he responds to his name with "what" (and he continued to speak English afterwards (Edit: checking other demos I can see he connects from the United States, so likely speaks English just fine)). His ctban has 88 minutes remaining and I can almost guarantee he would break rules again if it was allowed to expire, as he has demonstrated he does not change his behaviour after countless warnings and punishments. In light of this I'd ask also that his ctban be considered for extension, at least until he starts responding to admins and changes his behaviour. Edit: I am checking through my past demos now and I do appear to have them for these offenses as well, can upload if needed.

I can confirm that he has received the "visit hellclan.co.uk" notification (at least according to console logs) after attempting to rejoin after being banned today so would hope that he comes here to shed some light on his behaviour or at least give his side of things. I imagine he saw this notification on Monday as well.

I invite anyone who has witnessed or been on the receiving end of Salamboo cheating in LR or breaking rules in general (5 of his ctbans are by player vote) to post their experience here. If he does it whenever I play with him on the server I can make the strong assumption he has done it at other times as well.

@Hans Tier @Spiraler527

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  2. Hans Tier

Hans Tier Guest

Can confirm that, I myself recently banned him for cheating in lr. Warned on one map and on the next map he did it again. Always plays dumb when actions are taken.
    20180415064707_1.jpg 20180415064733_1.jpg
    Cheating in guntoss. The other cheat in lr is in a demo and @Jingle Jangles has it, too.

3. Conner

Conner Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

The ban has been extended to 2 days for the cheating and for being a repeat offender for break multiple server rules.

As for the CT Bans, I have now permanently CT Banned this player in attempt to force him on to the forums to ensure he has read the rules in full.

If you have any further issues after he is unbanned after the 2 days, consider banning the player for 1 week (providing you have the proof). If this still does not promote the player to adhere to the server rules then either bump this thread or create a new one and we will go from there.

Thanks for the report.

4. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

Thanks Conner. I might just try and have a conversation with him about all this next time before anything happens and see how he responds. Otherwise I will do as advised if he cheats LR again. I'll post back on this thread if anything happens.

5. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

Player has been banned for 1 week. Soon after he joined the server today I explained everything to him in PMs, about his CTban, about why he was banned, and so on (he did not respond). Following this the first time he gets LR he selects nade fight and does not cheat, there's a few reasons why this might be (i.e. there were no guns around and it's not otherwise easy to cheat a nade fight). He gets LR again soon after, and this time selects gun toss as he usually does. To ensure I was doing everything I could, I explained to him that he chose gun toss, and asked him if he knew how to play, following up it by also explaining again that he was banned before because he cheated. Unfortunately despite this he proceeded to pick up an m4 and shoot me to death.

Demos and screenshots below in chronological order.

First PM sent after he joined:
    salamboo1.jpg

Second PM shortly after:
    salamboo2.jpg

Third PM, I specifically tell him about this thread and how to access it: salamboo3.jpg

He was not afk when I sent these PMs and this video of the demo shows this.

https://mega.nz/#!TeIlCTQC!ASDpPdkFQpHzPh5LVAufCtkRtKsRjNv3yucuFWjlSAI

If you pause the video at the start you can see my message to him, and very shortly afterwards he runs out of cells and moves around.

The demo below is of the offense + leading up to it. First is the nade fight LR with him, you can see there's not really an opportunity for him to cheat. Then you can see him typing in chat, he spams a bit but I don't see it necessary to warn him. Following this, and relevant to his apparent lack of understanding of things, you can see that he seems confused about what's going on. The warden explained the game (Pokemon Day), and clearly said "touch the stairs to die", yet he runs straight up the stairs and questions "wtf is this" afterwards. After this the main offense occurs. Games are played and he is one of the last 2 Ts alive. He selects his LR, gun toss, and I explain to him not to cheat etc. as I mention above. It's noticeable that he either did not spawn with a gun or threw it early (the latter seems more likely, perhaps @Die Before Your Time can offer his view EDIT: listening carefully to the demo, you can hear him drop the gun immediately after the lr is activated), anyway, after seeming confused about where his gun his, he doesn't hesitate to go and pick up an m4 and kill me with it. Die Before explains to him that he cheated, and (seemingly in response that remark) he repeatedly says "I had lr" EDIT: thinking about this I can see it is more likely he is referring to the fact that Die Before killed him, suggesting that he believed he shouldn't have, despite shooting at Die out of LR. I then explain to him essentially what he did wrong, again, and ban him using the admin panel (there was an appropriate reason in there "Ignoring Admins") for 1 week, as advised.

[Demo removed - PM for copy if clan member]

I have PMed @Conner with some sensitive information that may be relevant to the case. Though it seems this player is very unlikely to come to forums or change his behaviour, I would still like to see him to do both, as he doesn't seem like a toxic or harmful player and if he learns what he is doing is not allowed he could be another fun player to have on the server, in addition to being able to have fun and enjoy the server himself.

Edit: I'd also note that the player joined the server today only an hour or so after his previous ban expired. This means that he either has been trying relatively constantly to get back on the server, or has access to and can navigate hellclan.co.uk to allow him to view when his ban expires, and understand what is displayed. The former doesn't seem to be the case as there isn't any blocks showing from the player between yesterday and the time he joined. Either way it is slightly odd given everything that we know about the player (why would he know how to use sourcebans and not the forums?).

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  6. Die Before Your Time

he start a gun toss with jingle ( i was in the game + i recorded them both while they're doing the LR ) jingle was good enough with him and he explained to him how this gun toss works and this salambo took an M4 and killed jingle for no reason at all.

7. Conner

Conner Administrator

As @Jingle Jangles stated, we are discussing this on PM.

You have done right by banning the player again after sufficient warnings and attempting many time to help him understand the rules as best you can.

8. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

Unfortunately the player has been banned again for cheating in LR, again. The ban is for another week.

I will make a preliminary post here about the events leading to the ban, and will add demos and edit/add information when I get time.

He came back on the server the next day after his ban expired. As with last time it seems he is able to access sourcebans as there have been no blocks that I have seen from him (other than once just now since his ban). Yesterday he joined I believe for the first time since his ban and I was on the server at this time. I PMed him - as I have before - with all the information of what has happened regarding his bans and what he needs to do to avoid being banned again. I did not spare any details. He eventually gets LR, and I remind him again, what he needs to do to play LR fairly. He did pick gun toss as he usually does so I explained how exactly to play gun toss. He picks a location, states the rules "from here no jump". He proceeds to jump and throw his gun, so his opponent does the same of course to be fair, but he quickly types "no jump" after his opponent makes the throw and proceeds to knife them without hesitation. In this case, Salamboo had actually won anyway so it was not technically a cheat, just confusing and misleading rules. I do believe however he would have killed his opponent even if they had won the toss, and this was somewhat proven with his last LR before he was banned. I made sure to tell him that he must abide by the rules that he types, as it is for both players. He did not get LR again before he left the server.

He joined the server again today, gets LR and does the soccer invisible wall spy toss and hits the wall and loses. He starts left clicking the CT despite losing but gets backstabbed. It's hard to say if he would have continued to go on and kill the CT or not, I guess we cannot know. He gets LR again much later on, and this is when he cheats. He picked gun toss as he usually does, and seemed to have more of a grasp on what he's supposed to do, he didn't just kill his opponent like he's done in the past. He sprays his spray on the ground, and says "from my spray, no jump". I make sure to remind him again in chat that he must also abide by the rules that he types. His opponent also questions, "so just stand here and throw, no jumping?". Salamboo confirms this so the CT throws as per the rules, standing on the spray and not jumping. Salamboo then takes a run up, jumps and throws his gun. Obviously his gun exceeds his opponent's as he cheats the rules he gave, and he goes on to kill the opponent, who is obviously confused. I didn't really have time to tell him to stop or something though I doubt this would have made any difference anyway.

After this happened I made a number of posts in chat, some normal, some with the ADMIN notification, all to Salamboo and all explaining in as much detail as possible what he's done wrong and what's going to happen, as I have before. Initially after I questioned why he did not abide by the rules he typed he said something like "I thought I said jump". I found this incredibly hard to believe as he'd typed out "no jump", just as he did the day before (and knew what he meant then), explicitly confirmed the opponent's question about the rules stating not to jump, and he threw after his opponent so saw that the opponent did not jump (and yet did not do or say anything to take that into account). As such I did not hesitate with another ban. I made sure as usual to give him plenty of information on what he did wrong and what was going to happen, and even linked him to this thread 3 times, in an effort to get him to come here and put his case forward.

I will amend all the above details to ensure accuracy and add demos / screenshots (of which I have for everything) when I next get time. Seeing as the ban is for the same length his last ban was, and he has repeatedly not changed his behaviour after a considerable number of opportunities to do so, there is scope for a clan member to extend the ban if they deem it appropriate. Perhaps @Conner or another HeLL can confirm if he will be back before the week is up to make a decision about this. If not, could another clan member take on the case?

Thanks
    --- Double Post Merged, May 4, 2018, Original Post Date: May 3, 2018 ---
    I'm watching over the demos and below is all the correct information with evidence regarding his latest ban. I've made the video evidence recordings of demos to make it easier to just view the points of interest. I can add the full demos if needed.

This all starts from around 01:40 on 02/05 and ends with him being banned at 0605, 24 hr / BST, on 03/05. This occurs over two days / two different sessions. During this time he gets LR 3 times. He demonstrates confusion (which he demonstrates a lot, Conner has more details about this in PM) and possibly an attempt to cheat in all three, but the final LR is when he does cheat and is banned for it.

He joins the server, so I notify him via PM not to cheat and warn with another ban. He is active in chat but does not respond to my messages, despite being told how to and encouraged. I suppose you could say I don't type his name out so perhaps he did not realise I was messaging him, but he often doesn't respond whether you type his name out or not. Messages in chronological order:

salamb1.jpg salamb2.jpg salamb3.jpg salamb4.jpg

Later on the map changes and he gets LR. He doesn't technically cheat but it appears as though he attempts to. He types "no jump, throw far" and jumps + throws his gun, then when his opponent does the same, he does not really check the gun locations and just says "i said no jump" and kills his opponent. It was not a cheat in the sense that his gun was furthest and they both jumped to throw, but his last LR kind of shows this was an attempt at cheating. I explain on mic (you can see it activate) that he needs to follow the same rules he makes, for example "no jump" means you both don't jump, and actually he slays. I'm not sure what to read into that, perhaps there is some sense of trying to do it right on his part but it's hard to say, and frankly because of what happens with his last LR before the ban I get the impression he is just trying to pretend that he does not realise he's cheating. Keep in mind with the last LR I describe here what happened with this one.

https://mega.nz/#!mKhEVAKQ!Zyw7ZdkzyQK8sFFwf0UQ_PfLPlDuAs3ZSbOrKP0u0es

A day passes and he joins the server again, I imagine for the second time (I play at the times he seems to so I don't think he was on otherwise). I've watched over the demo for the next toss and it's not exactly as I thought. Focusing on Salamboo I did not realise that the other player actually cheated. He selects gun toss and chooses to make the toss from the platform towards soccer on spyvsspy. He instantly drops his gun (I suppose by accident, as he sprays shortly afterwards, maybe he hit G instead of T (easy mistake to make) and did not realise). He posts "how u throw" so I tell him he's already dropped his gun and cancel the LR and they do it again. His opponent throws his gun but takes a step on the ground after landing before throwing, so is cheating. Salamboo throws his gun afterwards and hits the invisible wall. From Salamboo's point of view I don't think he realised his opponent cheated, and judging by his past behaviour may have gone on to attempt to unfairly kill his opponent despite losing, though he did not technically lose and could have killed his opponent due to them cheating (I don't think he knew this).

https://mega.nz/#!beZwiJhK!nC02JXzNJrp_-zd0iUUeD2uoZcWOCiiv-bTdLERwhaw

This final LR of the three that he had when playing on the server (he had another LR (picked gun toss as always) but the CT slayed before anything happened) since his last ban expired is the LR in which he cheated that resulted in him being banned. By this point I had spent many hours on the server in anticipation of Salamboo getting LR, hoping to see whether he had changed his behaviour or not (hence my "salamboo has lr. omg" in admin chat). As I describe in the post above, he picks gun toss, gives the rules from spray no jump. I remind him to make sure to follow the rules as well. His opponent asks in voice to check, "don't jump?", Salamboo responds in chat "correct". His opponent throws according to the rules, from the spray without jumping, and Salamboo takes a run up, jumps and throws, breaking his rules and kills his opponent, cheating the LR. He says after being questioned afterwards that he thought he said to jump, but I found that hard to believe considering he understood the day before when I told him he should abide by the rules he types, and he even confirmed when the other player asked whether jumping was allowed or not.

https://mega.nz/#!yT5DDJJB!WqwwB5NpKOwqAegFOIVd_demj1jyvA9_YvBLwr-xIEY

From this point on it was just a case of giving him as much information about what was going to happen as possible, and to try to encourage him to the forums (specifically to this thread) in every way possible. Here are my messages to him in chronological order (you'll notice I use his name, and the admin @ to make sure he sees):

salamb5.jpg salamb6.jpg salamb7.jpg salamb8.jpg

I gave him the link to this thread three times, and on the third time even included in the kick after the ban, with "GO HERE (thread link)". He also gets the "you have been banned, visit hellclan.co.uk" message due to trying to rejoin once after the ban/kick.

I believe I have done absolutely everything possible to try to get this player to reform and play according to the rules, and have been unsuccessful, which I am somewhat disappointed about. Whether he cheats intentionally or not is really a mystery, but the fact that he does not learn isn't. If he does not come here I don't know what more there is to do to try and keep him on the server. He seems to access sourcebans so I don't know why he hasn't come here.

All the information required to make a decision about his ban re; extending is here.. so a HeLL member should be able to make a decision based on this. Conner has mentioned he may be able to deal with this soon. Any further updates I presume will be made here.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  9. Conner

Conner Administrator

I have extended the ban to 1 month. Maybe this time he will come to the forums and appeal and we can get somewhere.
    If he returns and does the exact same again then it will be a permanent ban, enough chance so have now been given, even considering what we have spoke about through our PM’s @Jingle Jangles

Thanks for your efforts and patience with this Jingle, however rules are rules.

10. Hans Tier

Hans Tier Guest

Just banned another week, cheated in lr this morning. He needed a while to type so the CT leftclicked him once for afk-check, Salamboo then killed the CT with knife claiming he knifed him -> resulted in slay. (have demo if needed)
    20180804061744_1.jpg
    Later he chose guntoss and typed rules, the CT was talking with someone else and jumped on the upper part of the cage and Salamboo knifed him for no reason.
    20180804093929_1.jpg

11. NDY14

NDY14 Junior Member

As the above mentioned CT, I have the demo too if needed.

12. Conner

Conner Administrator

Can you post the demo please? @NDY14

13. Hans Tier

Hans Tier Guest

14. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

15. Conner

Conner Administrator

I will review the demo when I get home later tonight, works been keeping me tied :/
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 13, 2018, Original Post Date: Aug 13, 2018 ---
    @Hans Tier Can you re-upload the demo please? Rather not have to make a purchase to download it ^^

16. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

17. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Banned. Thanks for the report.