1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trick commands, "my spray is over there" etc

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by Jingle Jangles, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

"my spray is on the wall, don't go there" isn't a trick command as you are being clear (though kind of pointless to say unless you send them there afterwards) however... repeating "my spray is on the brick wall" on its own and especially if more than once doesn't make it less of a trick, in-fact it only makes Ts more inclined to follow it as they think that they have to do something when a warden is repeatedly mentioning their spray on a wall. Also.. saying "I'm going to kill stupid people" doesn't count as explaining or warning or making it any clearer to the Ts what you are doing..

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Running Dildo

Running Dildo Veteran Member
    Donator

Ey don't use my commands :/ thats not a trick command. First I tell all ts to stack on my spray and do not move then I say all ts afk in stack and don't move.

Then I spray my spray on a wall and saying same commands 5-6 times. All Ts my spray is on the brick wall in front of you I say same command to make them understand what I'm saying then I kill all that are on my spray.

It's a statement and not a order, you showe them where the spray is you repeat same words 5 times and you never told them to go to the spray that means they are failing your afk freez command that you gave at the beginning.
    Legit reason to kill ts

3. Larios

Larios Member

That's basically the description of a trick command. You're tricking the Ts to go to your spray by repeating that you sprayed it 5-6 times. That's not allowed.

Also, that violates the warning shot rule. If the Ts aren't an immediate threat (running into armory, rushing a CT etc. ) you should give warning shots. A few guys going to a spray on a wall is in no way an immediate threat

4. Running Dildo

Donator

@Larios I know what is allowed or not. It' not s trick command and it got nothing to do with a trick command..

You say same words so ppl don't say oh dident hear you and you show them where your new spray buy you never told them to go to it your ord was afk freez in stack..
    Yes I give them warningshots with a awp in the head..
    Warningshots don't mean a t can ignore wardens commands and jump around bhoping and not being on the spray thats what some ppl think fail rebeling and scream thappy. Think alot of players don't even know what the meaning of warning shots mean. Do wardens commands and that's it not hard to underatand.. and how are you tricking Ts do go to your spray when you spray your spray on a wall and say same words 4-5 times my spray is on the wall.

You show them where you put your spray but you never command them to go to it and they should be stacked and frozen where you last commanded them.

So no trick command

5. Skip

Skip Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

Technically, these things are not commands at all they are just stating a fact. The only way it becomes a trick command is if the T's interpret it that way. Personally I feel that saying "my spray is here" is fine and can be legitimate for a warden to say. A command is actually instructing what he wishes the T's to do, not just blindly stated where his spray is. These facts that the commander states are used to catch people out not correctly listening and most likely talking over warden...

6. Larios

Larios Member

A warning shot to the head with an AWP is not a warning shot. If people bhop around your spray and you don't like it, warning shot them once, kill them if they keep doing it. That's what a warning shot is. Also, answer this question:

Why do you tell the Ts your spray is on the wall?

The answer is 1: you're trying to trick them to go to it and kill them. Ergo, a trick command.

Also, as I already said, if a T is obviously trying to rebel ( reaching for a gun, armory, rushing a ct or a vent ) then obviously you don't need to give any warning shot.

7. Running Dildo

Donator

@Larios I do it to get to lr I don't do it everyround I do my spray thingy sometimes. If they jump around when commands are jump to die then there fault for ignoring warden.

And doing the spray thingy is not against server rules.
    You show them where the spray is you never tell them to go there there fault for ignoring warden and they get killd for it
    It don't mean everytime you ignore wardens orders I will shot you in your legs for being a troll with my commands I repeat same commands 3-4 times if they don't listen then there fault not cts fault.

So I kill them

8. Larios

Larios Member

Doing the spray thingy is against the rules, simply because
    1) You dont give any warning shots to those who went to the spray ( and, being no immediate danger, you need to give them )
    2) You violate the trick commands rule.

Jump to die is different, you're clearly saying that if they jump they will die, saying "my spray is here" doesnt say they will die if they go there. The only reason for which you would do such a thing is if you wanted to trick the Ts to go there to kill them, which is a trick command and against the rules.

9. Running Dildo

Donator

Don't know how to make you understand it's not a trick command. You show them where the spray is you never told them to go there.

Like I said before warningshots don't mean ignore wardens commands and you will get a shot in the leg.

If you fail to do wardens commands you die easy.

You say knife vent to die the keep doing they die.
    You say stack together and freez they keep bhoping around they are not doing wardens commands and they die.

So ignoring wardens commands don't mean he needs to give you warningshot everytime you nitpick wardens orders or fail to do his orders..

Last time you did this in Italian map warden said stack on Italian flag everyone was stacked except you saying it' not Italian flag and ignoring wardens commands get killd and start whining warningshot thats not how it works

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  10. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

Hi Dildo thanks for commenting on the thread. I have to disagree with you on a few points. In my opinion there is a command implied in saying "my spray is on the wall" because a) when a warden speaks it is 99% of the time to issue a command and b) why else would you say it other than to get Ts to act upon it? At the very least we can call it a trick if you don't want to call it a trick command, though several hell members have called it a trick command..

So there is an argument here that other people have made as well; that repeating this ("my spray is on the wall") makes it clearer and less of a trick to the Ts, thus justifying killing them when they go to it. I've already responded as to why this isn't a valid supporting argument, and that is because when you repeat something like that to people, it only makes them more confused and therefore more likely to act upon what they are hearing. I will use an analogy to explain this point. If I say to you "don't think of a pink elephant, don't think of a pink elephant, don't think of a pink elephant" are you more or less likely to think of a pink elephant because I repeated it? I would be wrong to tell you that you shouldn't be thinking of a pink elephant because I repeatedly told you not to, instead you are actually are more likely to act upon what I have said because the repetition makes you believe there is something of value in the statement, advertisers use this trick all the time to get people to do things.

There is also a point you've made that as you are saying your previous command was to freeze they should be doing that. I have to disagree for the reason that one command overrides the previous one. If you say "freeze" then say "follow me" and kill the ones that follow you because your previous command was to freeze that is not fair, because your new command overrides the previous one. The same goes for saying "freeze" followed by "my spray is on the wall", arguably this overrides the freeze command as it can be interpreted as a new command to be followed. As I've said this is even more so when you point at the spray, repeatedly talk about it, open doors to it etc.

This is just my opinion, but besides that several hell members have said to me this is a trick command and one directly said that it is not allowed as a result. A hell member has even made it clear on this thread that it is a trick command and that warning shots must be given to Ts that follow it (by going to the spray). So, for me, this is what I will be going by.

Needless to say, I will not interfere or say anything if I see you use this command, that's obviously not my prerogative, but I would ask that if you see me warn/punish other players for doing this that you don't interfere in that either. I'm saying this with the foresight of preventing any potential problems that could occur if we're both playing on the server.

Thanks @6skip as well for the response. I would say that all of the above pretty much gives a response to what you've said as well. I would add also that if wardens want to check people are listening carefully they can say something that is not so tricky or ambiguous, such as "my spray is on the wall, do not go to it" or just do last reaction/simon says after explaining each game fully (there's another potential thread altogether for wardens that don't explain games like this properly..)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Running Dildo

Donator

think you missunderstod,, saying freez and then say follow me and kill ppl following you that is freekill, the command is stil active until new commands are givinen new commands always overrules old commands, saying afk freez is 1 command and then saying my spray is on the wall is not a command meaning first command is stil acctive and ts should be frozen until new command is given,,,

saying my spray is on the wall is not a command therefor that dont overrule anything,,,

a trick command is when you say like all ts when i say no you run to my spray and then you say lo and they run thats a trick command, saying my spray is on the wall is not a trick command and when you say it 3-4 times ppl hear you and can clearly hear you are not commanding them to go to the wall but you are showing them where your spray is and if they go its there own fault,, tihnk you guys that are new players should really learn what trick command is before speaking ,,

i have done this same wall spray thingy for the pass 4 years and havent had any problems with it until now when ppl start crying about it saying trick command,, i say this again it is not a trick command cuz you are repeating same words over and over again so everyone understand you, you command ts to stack and afk freez dont move and then you say my spray is on the brick wall infront of you you say it 3-4 times and then open back door the command is stil valid and they should be stacked and afk freez but if they go to the spray on the wall your command was not that it means ts are not doing wardens commands,,

plzz learn first what trickcommand is guys before you complain about trickcommand,,
    we hade it in the pass when we did simonsay then someone said somonsays run and follow me that is a trick command he was using a word that almost sound like simon when you say it fast,,,

12. Jingle Jangles

]HeLL[ Member

Actually in that example, although a pointless and inexcusable thing to do, saying "lo" instead of no isn't a trick command, so long as they are clear in the pronunciation. The command is clear, "go when I say no", so if they clearly say "lo" and not "no" the Ts that go can be killed, though warning shots should still be given and the warden should say "I didn't say no" to be clear. There's no trick there. Same applies to "somon says".

"my spray is on the wall" however is not clear, and very confusing for Ts to understand why the warden is saying it, especially if they keep repeating it as you say they should do. Again.. repeating it only makes it more confusing and more of a trick and I've explained why this is the case several times even using an analogy (what are your thoughts on that?).

As far as learning what a trick command is before speaking etc. well the only reason I made this thread is because several hell members have told me "my spray is on the wall" is a trick. Steezy has even clarified on this thread what the rules are surrounding the use of this:

"there is a rule which means CTs cannot kill Ts without warning them first. This means when the "My spray is there" trick is used the CT needs to warn the Ts before killing them.
    4. CTs should give warnings before killing people, except if it’s a rebelling or an escaping T!"
    (page 1 of the thread)

There's a good reason people are "crying" about this, because it ruin rounds for Ts that are genuinely trying to follow orders and have fun playing games, they serve no other purpose than this and have no other result. And it's needless to say that it discourages new players from playing on the server...
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 20, 2018, Original Post Date: Mar 20, 2018 ---
    I agree. I think that there should be a !rule that goes something like "CTs cannot purposefully trick Ts into being killed, i.e. pointing and talking about their spray"

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Larios

Larios Member

Again, Dildo, if you do the spray thingy and your objective is to blast every poor soul that gets on the spray, then you're doing a trick command. You're tricking Ts to go to the spray so that you can kill them. How can you say it's not a trick command if the whole purpose of it is to kill people that fall for it?

• Repost Repost x 1
  14. Running Dildo

Donator

Oki use report section to complain about how I warden or command there you can whine and cry about me if you feel the need to do it.

I'm done explaining

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  15. Hans Entertainment

Hans Entertainment Senior Member

Because many people have different opinions about this topic: @Nomy what do you think about this kind of command

16. Running Dildo

Donator

@Hans Entertainment showing them where the spray is and saying my spray is on the wall is not a command thats a statement you show them where the spray is you never tell them to go to it and if they do they fail to do wardens command when he told them to afk freez

17. Hans Entertainment

Hans Entertainment Senior Member

Ye whatever you call it, still there is not majority who shares the opinion xy, so it would be nice if hell members can talk and share one opinion about this topic in order to stop this discussion

18. Larios

Larios Member

The thing is that this issue has already been solved by Steezus, that's what he said:

So there's really nothing to talk about.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Repost Repost x 1
  19. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

I love how this ‘use the report section and report me if I can’t win’ phrase is used when people can’t win an argument. Weak. What a bottle out xD

If you want to tell the T’s where your spray is for near future use, then say ‘all ts my spray is by the tree, do not run to it’. Saying ‘all ts my spray is by the tree’ then waiting for a few seconds for them to get confused then run to your spray is deffinately a trick and isn’t allowed.

If your intention is to trick the T’s with a silly command, then it’s a trick command. If you need to tell them where something is for reference, do the right thing and remind them to stay where they are. This excludes the simon says game.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Running Dildo

Donator

@Wazblaz says the 13 year old kid.

All my typing was same explaining so I gave up thats why I used report section if they got a problem.

I have done same thing for pass 4 years you and alot of hell admins have ben there when I do my thing.

You know that I first repeat my order with afk freez at the back door I repeat do not move, afk freez in the stack and then I do my spray on wall.
    Not my fault if they don't listen.

I say same command alot and I say
    Same words about the spray on the wall repeating it so they understand what I'm saying..

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1