1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with particles

Discussion in 'Source SDK / Map developement' started by T95, Oct 19, 2016.

1. T95

T95 Member
    Mapper

I know,that its not the correct place to ask for such help, but I know there are some expirenced mappers and scripters here that may have faced such problem with particles systems before. So I have particle system created in gmod using sourcemod particle editor. The particle has an operator "Movement Rotate Particle Around Axis", which in theory should rotate particles around the center. And it does it. On the first screen you can see particle system parented to a player which is standing. Everything works fine.

[​IMG]

But when player runs its all messing up. Instead of rotating around the center, particles go in a wery wierd direction. This looks like this:

[​IMG]

And firstperson view:

[​IMG]

So,I expect not to get any replies. But I will be thankful to everyone who has any ideas about how to fix it:)

2. Raphi

Raphi Member
    Mapper

Particles don't work like blocks, when they spawn, they don't move (and this why there is a long trail of particles behind you)
    Only the spawner is parented to you, not the particles

3. T95

T95 Member
    Mapper

Thats right. The problem is not the trail its self,but the way its "forming". Take a look at this video (TIME: 0:35
    ). The particles on the video has the rotation too. But they doesnt go left or right while player is running. I mean that the trail is "straight". But my rotating particles form half-circle instead of staight trail. Look at pic2. Im running straight forward but all particles go to the right. I think you got the idea. That is the problem,which i still cant fix:( They only thing I realised is that its a particle problem,not scripting. Because if I just create a moving particle in the editor and attach rotating particles to it as a child, they will act exactly the same way(go to right/left)

P.S: Another example of rotation is in this video. There are a lot of such examples in the video but I would suggest you watching from 5:17.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016