1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surf Rules

Discussion in 'Feedbacks & Suggestions' started by Ollie, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Ollie

Ollie Veteran Member
    Donator

As the server has gotten older some rules would be better being updated and some even being added.

First rule I want to be added is the "No Ghosting" rule that is on almost every other HeLL server, I have no idea why it wasn't on the surf server already when there is a clear gag option in the admin menu. Would be great to have this added.

Second rule I would like to be added is the "No gun spamming", on certain maps there are spawn points for guns, and if a player stands on the spawn point, multiple guns will be spawned every second, after a player has been long enough, there is a huge stack of guns which can affect the gameplay by lagging and even possibly crashing the server...

A rule I would like to be updated is the "No spawn hopping or attacking", a lot of players say to me that after a certain time, spawn hopping and attacking is allowed, e.g after 4:30. This would stop me having to argue to say, "wtf, i'm allowed to kill them after 4:30", as there is no time limit on the rule, I just go by it and say that the rule clearly states no spawn hopping or attacking at all. If there was going to be a time limit put onto this rule I would suggest between 4 - 4:30 to let the beginner (noob) players have chance to leave spawn. Also for you people who think, it only takes a couple of seconds to get out of spawn, a lot of maps has a short route at spawn to get pistols, this short route has no contact with enemy players and takes roughly 5-15 seconds to complete (depending how good you are) . Once completed they are teleported back to spawn and by then their spawn protection has been breached and players begin to kill.

That's about it for now.. if anyone else has opinions or anything else they think should be changed, please reply... and for those who have never played surf in their life, don't reply thinking you're a know-it-all :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. The Random Gamer Of Epicness

OK, I 100% agree with the 3rd rule cause it annoys me a lot when playing on surf. The first rule would be usefull sometimes I guess but on most maps people are never at the same spot for more than 10 seconds most of the time so I don't see it as that much of a problem though if it is added it would help in some situations. And for the second rule - yeah I guess (I'm one of the people that would spawn a stack of guns as a ghost after I've died :giggle:)

3. MiiX

MiiX Member
    Donator

Maybe even an addon of some sort that made playing immune to all damage except for world damage?

99% agree with what you wrote Ollie, the 1% thats left is cause its you :h:

4. WildFire

WildFire Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

This is a mistake, we may have accidentally left out a rule. @Nomy.

Like the JailBreak server we don't have a rule on server rules. It would fall under "Don't spam" So you can still punish for this.

10 seconds from map timer is the safest bet to count spawn hopping.

5. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

So I have a few questions before I can add this.

In what scenario is this useful in? "He's in jail" ?

6. Ollie

Ollie Veteran Member
    Donator

This was suggested by player on the surf server, he explained to me that he was on 10x and the other team were ghosting via mic, explaining when he was going constantly, for maps like 10x, There is only 1 exit of the route you take, so it's easy to simply "guard" that exit. For example if you go to the right portal, it takes you to jail and only jail, the other team know exactly where to go so they can get him when he teleports out. And just to expand on your scenario, quite a few maps have ways to get out of jail without a teammate, so if the enemy team don't know, he has time to get out...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MiiX

MiiX Member
    Donator

More like "He is comming top"

EDIT: Im to slow

8. Zavvy

Zavvy Member
    Donator

Here comes the know it all ;) , Here are the current rules for people who don't know them https://hellclan.co.uk/motd/sf.html

1) I was already enforcing the no ghosting rule, didn't even know it wasn't a rule, kind of stupid not to have it as a rule. It ruins the game for people if their location is revealed by dead people, Also its ok to ghost if the last player is delaying or AFK.

2) The no gun spamming really only refers to surf_legends_elite, guns can be stacked and it lags the server, I already enforced that rule by threatening with a kick and ban if they continued, the lag stops once the round restarts.

3) The no spawn hopping rule, I only enforce that on certain maps where you're not supposed to be able to spawn hop. For example i would enforce the rule on surf_rebel_resistance and surf_forbidden ways as you're not supposed to spawn hop because it wasn't the map creators intentions for you to do that. But on certain maps i wouldn't enforce it like buck_wild, as people can teleport to the enemy spawn by just going though the telly under the main spawn, Clearly the map is being played as it was intended and rules shouldn't ruin that. There shouldn't be a time limit for spawn hopping, just don't do it, if you want to get to the other spawn then beat the map and get there through a teleporter. I decided to not allow it at all even if people claim there is a time limit to not spawn hop which rarely even happens.

4) Also a new rule that could be enforced, don't imitate an admins name, I happen to come in the server and people tell me someone was on with the same name as me and people thought it was me. I would like this rule to be enforced so people don't imitate admins, they will be warned to change their name if they don't, a kick leading with a ban if they don't take the warnings.

Overall the rules might as well be added considering that common sense doesn't apply to some people to not ghost or lag the server as it ruins the game for people.

9. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Alright, I've added No Ghosting rule.

For gun spams, that's basically crashing the server so quite obvious...
    And its included in the no spamming rule as mentioned by wild.

I had reworded rule for spawnhopping to include "in the beginning of round".

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ollie

Ollie Veteran Member
    Donator

Thanks Nomy, this defiantly makes it much clearer :)