1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIP GET THE TISSUES

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by foetus, May 13, 2015.

?

Would you like the old ViP back?

1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    86.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. foetus

foetus Member
    Donator

Now if you've ever heard the phrase "don't fix what's not broken" I think you will understand where I am coming from with this post. VIP has been updated and edited by Raphi, (our favorite community member that makes maps for us and then is to be seen once a couple months playing on the actual server) and the classic map, with only a handful of faults has now been replaced with the one edited by Raphi, and I don't seem to be the only one that's unsatisfied, and now let me tell you why;
    The original had its own charm and you can almost say its own traditions, like the cell vent that teleports you straight to the armoury for instance, the CT's job with that was to be able to control it, and if they couldn't, it was GG, that being an example of just one. I understand that some aspects of the previous version of the map had some faults and an update of the map could have been done, but so many unnecessary things being added is just an overkill. What was once a good jailbreak map has now been replaced with a map with more faults introduced and classic characteristics of the map being removed, like the ball in pool for example, why remove that? It was a fun aspect of the map.

So please, can you bare this in mind. I've created a vote (i think) to see what other members of the community think about this map update. And yes I realise this map has been on the server for a while, yet it still feels so awkward and is hardly an improvement to the last one, some would say its a downgrade even.

Have included a screenshot to represent how i feel about the map update.

Luv from foetus ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. joceninja

joceninja Member
    Donator

sign the petition

[​IMG]

3. Lux

Lux Veteran Member

If you're writing texts like these, then don't be subjective please.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  4. foetus

foetus Member
    Donator

Why cant it be a debate? Hence why i put the vote there, its a discusion and surely my opinion is allowed

5. nic

nic Member
    Donator

no. this is not allowed. pls do not voice your opinion online.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Lux

Lux Veteran Member

This comment was unneeded for, you're just trying to make him look bad while it has nothing to do with the subject. 40% of the content is you talking about the map, 60% is you pointing your fingers to Raphi. You should've just written what's wrong and how to improve on it. And it is a debate, I just messed things up there.

7. foetus

foetus Member
    Donator

I see, I honestly dont want to make it seem like im being rude towards Raphi if it has come across that way, its just my boisterous style of discussion, and i am pointing the finger at Raphi a little because he is the map maker, i have nothing against him as i have no reason to, im just posting this thread to bring this up as ive heard people talk about it, but its never materialized on here

8. teep

teep Member
    Donator

nice perm

• Winner Winner x 3
  9. joceninja

joceninja Member
    Donator

10. RustyS

RustyS Member
    Donator

He
    He isn't trying to make him look bad. Raphi has made some fantastic maps such as his mc one and the paper_alive. Raphi is a great asset to HeLL and I do not see how feotus is offending him. I agree with Feotus tbh.

11. amstram

amstram Member

as foetus said, raphi removed the vent to armoury, and changed the tele to kitchen.
    And that's why many people don't like it
    because they can't rebel without it... it's too hard, you understand :p

imo, the map is way less T sided, wich isn't really a bad thing (25-0 for Ts is boring, no challenge..)

12. joceninja

joceninja Member
    Donator

only thing i like is the removal of a instant way to get to armory from cells and nade fix rest is meh
    and bhop is broken D=
    (old dodgeball wasnt used anyways but new climb isnt used either)

13. Drain

Drain Senior Member
    Donator

There's no reason to jump into assumptions. You can't just talk like you are Raphi himself. I've read every single word Foetus wrote and i didn't really see anything that would harm, Raphi.
    Raphi made some so many great maps, but this one could need a little fixing since he's not done with it as he stated. He was working on the Zombie Escape map, which consumed his time.

I did like the other vip more, but the new one in my opinion is better, due to it being larger now and more games to do, including a climb and a fixed throwing contest.
    I do have some improvements to Raphi's reworked map which is something that contains:

1. Fix the teleport platforms in bunnyhop.
    2. Return the pool ball so we could shoot some t's again.
    3. The vent in cell three is imo beyond useless, atleast let it teleport some people somewhere.
    4. Autosniper..... pls.

And people complaining about the vent doesn't teleport to armory anylonger? Get better at rebelling kids, you can learn from my rebelling montage #smashed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. reJected#

reJected# Member

The map is more balanced right now than its previous versions.. I agree that some previous features made the map cool for being a Terrorist but you could rebel in a million different ways. At least now you have less options. You can be lucky enough and get spawned in VIP cell , vent cell , or gun cell, or when commanded to cell stairs ( as usual ) try to rush the random vending machines that are random and won't have 10 T's rebelling at the same time

Last edited: May 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. RandomGlitch

RandomGlitch Senior Member
    Donator

IMO return ball in pool and replace auto sniper with a Mac10 or something, as well as fixing bhop, and the new map is ok. Maybe return it to the old version until raphi has finished the map.

16. Remix Benji

Remix Benji Member

Just because a map is more balanced doesn't mean it's fun. VIP was a rebel map and it was fun to play CT and kill them all especially because it was confined to a smaller location so it was more intense if you escaped to somewhere.
    On the new map you have to run round all these tunnels that are empty and connect the whole map together which I don't like.

It would be nice to bring back the old version and fix the issues on that, such as the nade game and bhop.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

18. Raphi

Raphi Member
    Mapper

Hey
    I'll explain one thing :
    Main part of edit / map I do is for the server I play (this is why there is LR room) but I use to share all my work with your server.
    When I edited this map, I only thought about my server (bunnyhop is hard, there is no "physic" dmg from the ball etc) and this is why the map doesn't really fit with what you want.

But now if you make me a list of everything you want in the map, I can do it, but everyone need to be okay because I don't want to edit it twice :p
    When you need me, do like Nomy, cause I come on this forum everyday to see if I have notifications ^^

• Like Like x 3
  19. Drain

Drain Senior Member
    Donator

Thanks for replying, Raphi. I have some improvements that could make the map better to play on.

1. Fix the teleport platforms in bunnyhop.
    2. Return the pool ball so we could shoot some t's again.
    3. The vent in cell three is imo beyond useless, atleast let it teleport some people somewhere.
    4. Autosniper. Needs to be removed, way to strong and way to easy to get it.
    5. Pool area, the m3 is kind of useless aswell, the scout was fine as it was.

If people are so desperate to get an armory vent cell then you should put it on, but i prefer this way since it's now more on a balanced state which makes it harder to rebel, which is more fun.

20. Vinpascal

Vinpascal Senior Member
    Donator

All I want is my sweet pool ball back. God I miss that thing

• Agree Agree x 1