1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VenSeven's DJ Application

Discussion in 'DJ Applications' started by Seven, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Seven

Seven Member

Good Morning HeLL Radio!

It is ridiculously late for a UK inhabitant yet here I am writing out a DJ application. My details are:

- Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:60051301

- The ]HeLL[ Server you play on most:
    Jailbreak.

- Your age:
    16 (Sep 10, 1997)

- Location/Country:
    Leeds/United Kingdom

- The genre of music you like/will play:
    Rock and Metal

- Your DJ experience, if any:
    [TC] Radio DJ on Live For Speed servers doing the same thing successfully for a few months. Personal radio station runs occasionally.

- Days & Times you're available to DJ:
    Depending on my work I might find it hard doing a solid rota as I work freelance so work comes when it comes. However, I mostly have the whole week available on late evenings, 2100 onwards usually but I will do my bookings based around work and school. I should be able to get a rota planned though.

- A bit about me:
    I'm very keen to share my music taste, I'm also incredibly passionate about music, it makes up most of me as a person and without it I'd probably have no energy at all. Because of my love for music I am able to discuss my opinions on tracks and bring together other rock/metal fans so we can enjoy the show as a community, bringing us closer. I'm also on the watch for new material by the artists I listen to so I can also bring new material as well as keeping the classics playing and relevant requests. I'm a sound engineer as part of my work meaning I have the know how to efficiently execute a slot on a show as well as maintaining levels so as not to blow heads off, which is how metal should be played, not all appreciate that. :p

- I will also need:
    A good clear working mic?
    Not top quality but certainly clear as heard in the Demo.
    A good program for getting songs requested (suggested songs)? Check.
    A good attitude? Friendly, polite and energetic.
    A respect for the Hell Radio? I wouldn't want to damage your established reputation would I?
    A good program to connect to the radio server? Yep!

My less than 60 second .mp3 zipped Demo is attached to this thread, including Intro, short song snippet and outro. Note I will use Jingles during the course of an actual show as well as talk between songs. Think topics about the artists, background of tracks, some facts, perhaps tours and news - all relevant to the music.

Thank you for your time!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Welcome to HeLL DJ Group!
    Please read all sticky thread in DJ Internal section.

Thanks!

3. Seven

Seven Member

Hello,

It's been a long while but I'm looking at returning. Since HellFM I've been on to bigger ventures with online radio, look a few months leave to sort college out and now I'm looking at coming back to the freedom HellFM provided. If you need me to do another 60-second demo to prove I'm a lot better than that old demo (lol) I can oblige. Nowadays I'm using SAM Broadcaster over Mixxx, gives me a lot more versatility for adding jingles and backing tracks to help make the show a little more professional sounding.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Can you please create a new application with a fresh demo?
    Thanks!

5. Seven

Seven Member

Not a problem!

• Like Like x 1