1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jailbreak Server improvements and suggestions!

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by TheCookieMonster, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Lux

Lux Veteran Member

I don't get why knifing a fake vent to die is a command. Why not command knife a wall to die? The sound of a vent being knifed stands out and you should be able to hear where it's coming from, whatever headset/speakers you have got.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Knifer

Knifer Veteran Member

remove autosniper from avalanche map in surf

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bennevis

Bennevis Senior Member
    Donator

^ No Lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. hucking

hucking Veteran Member
    Donator

It's because on some maps it's hard to tell the difference between the real vent or the fake vent until someone shoots/knifes it. That makes it very hard for CTs to prevent a T going in vent which could fuck up the entire round. I normally refrain from commanding that command but I can see why some people use it.

5. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

So because its hard for CTs to tell which is a real vent, they can command knife a wall to die? Pretty sure if the commander knows 1 of the 2 vents are fake then they would know which one it is. And hearing from other CTs, it dont look like this is the issue, more like they know which vent is fake but still command it just to kill the person "not following order".

6. RandomGlitch

RandomGlitch Senior Member
    Donator

I've seen rounds on minecraft where cts will stand at the window to be thappy and end up getting knifed and giving the t a gun, just cos they were being thappy. And I don't even want to start on the bar entrance command

7. Ollie

Ollie Veteran Member
    Donator

What i've seen is that you need to be thappy on that vent on minecraft otherwise if the T's get the gun from the vent that is basically round over or ultra long round (Going onto the bar thing).

The recent good commanders have been commanding them straight to the back door and opening the cells earlier which is preventing the T's from knifing the vent easily, the outcome of this is normally successful unless you don't have a CT watching for T's going into the cells to knife the vent.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Knifer

Knifer Veteran Member

random glitch wants rounds that end in 20 seconds with his suggestion :p

9. Lux

Lux Veteran Member

You can seperate a fake and a real vent by the sound they make. If you hear a breaking noise, it's a real one. If it sounds like knifing a wall, it's a fake one. I'm sorry but if you are deaf then jailbreak is not the place for you. (Not pointing to you, just in general)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Remix Benji

Remix Benji Member

12. CTs can only protect armoury / vents and give timeframes in last request!

This rule is pointless and makes no sense from what I make of it. Timeframes are always given for most commands and the armoury and vents are protected aswell.
    If it relates to actually having permission to "camp" inside of the armoury/vent then it just isn't needed.

11. hucking

hucking Veteran Member
    Donator

That's nice and all but remember that vents are not as durable as you'd wish they were, in minecraft map you barely have enough time to get out of armory before the vents can already be broken, especially if 2 or more Ts are in the vent cell. So that makes for a difficult situation to deal with.
    btw @Boy The reason CTs don't know which vent is real or fake is because it's random on some maps, which is complete BS if you ask me, it's nice if the map is challenging for the CTs but if it's just near impossible like minecraft it's super annoying, the Ts are bunched up in tiny cramped cells, that map is meant to be played on 20 ppl max, more than that is just stupid, vipinthemix for instance is a challenging and balanced map, cause the cells are actually spaced apart, but there's still many places Ts can run off to and get guns, I very much like it compared to minecraft cause minecraft can just be plain annoying cause there's no room for anything, it's just too damn tiny. And vipinthemix is challenging cause you have all these people rebelling getting guns and you go and try to kill them. Also it doesn't have that fake vent bullshit.

12. argony

argony Member

So when they run off to get guns on VIP it's a challenge but when they do the same thing on Minecraft it suddenly becomes impossible?

Just a list for comparison:

VIP
    • Vent cell leading to 2 weapons
    • Vent cell leading to the roof from where you can enter another vent to reach 2 weapons
    • Vent cell leading to the dodgeball / pool area where you can get 3 weapons
    • Vent cell leading directly to the armory
    • Gun cell
    • Nade cell
    Minecraft
    • Vent cell with one weapon in it
    • Vent cell that allows you to go outside and enter the armory vent.
    • Nade cell

I'll admit that the gun cell can be hard on Minecraft when there are several players (challenging) in that one cell but the vent that allows you to run outside and enter the armory is not that difficult to defend you can have 1 CT stand near the pool entrance and you'll never have to worry about anyone entering the armory at the start of the round again.

The exits changing positions could be seen as a way to give the Ts a chance of making it outside while the CTs are still trying to figure out which one's the real one instead of having them just camp the same cell every round, to compare it with VIP and then say that VIP is the balanced one is just crazy in my opinion as it offers far more ways to rebel at the start of the round.

Personal note: I've seen far more successful rounds on Minecraft than I have on VIP.

13. joceninja

joceninja Member
    Donator

its not impossible, his point was that it is tight if you read it again and pay attention you will see. It is very time consuming if its tight when there is a gun and like ollie said

it takes a long time to fix the problem mean while on VIPINTHEMIX the gun carrier maybe is alone at pool and then it is quick to solve as there arent 20Ts nearby

14. Steviee

Steviee The Experienced
    Donator

Today was a good day, I got killed for knifing one of those sprays that's a fake vent. GG.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Mousey

Mousey Veteran Member
    Donator

I rest my case.

16. Knifer

Knifer Veteran Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Steviee

Steviee The Experienced
    Donator

Some guy called Bicboy?

Didn't bother making a scene asking him to slay, I just left xD

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Vinpascal

Vinpascal Senior Member
    Donator

The one thing I am suggesting, and my god it's becoming really annoying.

Cause it's making me sick CT's go to secrets (NO REASON) to grab the guns and empty ammo. just so we cant use it anymore.

Can there be a rule of CT's not allowed to go to secrets/vents (that havent been visited by T yet) and grab the gun there to make it basicly a toygun. Jb is about T playing games and we can try to rebel, the guns aren't there for show, they are there for us to use.

I remember a person saying, ''JB is in Favour of TERRORISTS.'' So terrorists should get a chance then in any possible way.
    Stealing secret/hidden guns is a total unfavorable thing and against the rules of Ct being in a vent for no reason. These things are seen too much.

19. Raphi

Raphi Member
    Mapper

On my server, CTs are not allowed to pick weapons which isn't in armory. It's sad for item like Hats etc, but with this, the rule is clear ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

The server blocks weapon pickup? Or its a rule?