1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commandlist & Plugin Requests

Discussion in 'Minecraft Chat' started by iDraGoN, May 6, 2012.

1. Dino-Rawr

Dino-Rawr The Experienced
    Donator

hmm. okay. does it get you stuck in a block below? Like, where does it get you stuck in comparison to where you set your home?

2. Philster07

Philster07 Member

I know what he has done, what I did but i kept dying.
    I fell into a whole that a creeper blew out and I teleported back only to bed stuck inside the ground due to auto regen

3. IceCold

IceCold Member

That was a bad day....

4. Royal_UK

Royal_UK Member
    Donator

Rawr man looks like your experience is paying off

5. Wasp

Wasp The Experienced
    Donator

Phil you trapped me in your nether portal, i was stuck there for 10 mins before an admin teled me out :rsweat:

6. Royal_UK

Royal_UK Member
    Donator

The dynmap thing is good but it can be a real bitch. Its been I long time since I first set it up on my server (About 4 months since I stopped being a minecraft server owner) but from what i remember when you first install it you need to do a full render which depending on map size will only take about an hour at most. You can also combine it with another plugin (can't remember name) so that there are icons on the map which can be set ingame. It is only the first full render that causes mass issues and from a url point of view by default the url will be the server ip and a port number and to use the webserver is probs a bit of a waste. So ye that is my input on the dynmap stuff, hope it helps

7. Philster07

Philster07 Member

Smooth wasp but I don't have a nether portal, only just got diamond pix

8. Chris

Chris The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

When I left the nether, I was at x-3000 and summit :O , So that would take a while?

9. Dino-Rawr

Donator

The DynMap is great once you get it up, but yeah.. as Royal says- Its a pain to go through the stages to actually set it up. I wouldn't be concerned with time it takes to load.. Well because it just takes hellofa time, and we don't exactly lack on time, do we?

Also

name: Orebfuscator
    link: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/orebfuscator/
    desc.: Its basically anti xray guys.. BUT, and yes, theres a huge but, it will cause the server some extra stress because of the way it operates. So you can either consider this plugin (to stop xrayers), or some other plugins. I'll see what I can find.

Anyways, I suggest to have someone have a test server if you care too much about the actual server... Well lets say it like this. Lots of plugins = may have lots of bugs (if not properly setup) but if you take your time and patience and go through and properly configure plugins like this and NoCheat. I promise that the cheaters will have a hard time at least.

also a neat little one for donations
    name: buycraft
    link: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/buycraft/
    desc.: this plugin basically lets you sell litterally anything ingame for real life money. It's maybe not something to consider at the moment. But if the server gets more advanced with plugins like iConomy, and Towny. It's a great addon to get some money through the server :)

10. Royal_UK

Royal_UK Member
    Donator

11. Dino-Rawr

Donator

some of you asked for plugins that can set nicknames. well here you go:

name: essentials
    link: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ge...tion-of-useful-commands-1-2-4-1-2-5-r1.15312/
    desc: bunch of about 100 commands. very useful

name: NameChanger
    link: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/chat-namechanger-v4-change-your-name-and-prefix-1-1-r4.29120/
    desc: very lightweight nickname plugin. (not tested myself, but it should work after a logout/login)

name: ChangeName
    link: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fun-changename-v2-2-change-players-displaynames-1000.23844/
    desc: same as previous

name: ChangePlayerName
    link: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...-2-change-your-name-skin-and-more-1317.34773/
    desc: all the same

Even though you may think it's hard to choose which plugin to go for, essentials would at least be my pick, since it comes with a bunch of other commands that are actually useful for the server

and for love of god. you should have this (if you want PA's here or whatever.. or even seperation between HeLL-F, and HeLL)
    name: PermissionsEx
    link: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...x-v1-19-1-tomorrow-is-today-1-2-5-r1-0.18140/
    desc: ranks. basically ranks. induvidual permissions. everything you want different from people, can be set here...

12. Royal_UK

Royal_UK Member
    Donator

Of course if you (nomy) want any help setting the dynmap up or any other plugin I'd be happy to help

13. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

I don't think I will add any nickname plugin, This is because admins would use your nickname to run command, I want them to work.

I'm not sure about resources that dynmap can use.

Orebfuscator would use much CPU. But I think I might try it just to see.

14. Royal_UK

Royal_UK Member
    Donator

Nomy what are the specs of the minecraft server as in ram and CPU?

15. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

RAM: 16 GB
    CPU: i5 2.8

16. Royal_UK

Royal_UK Member
    Donator

ok then dynmap will be fine the 16 GB will be easily enough however, is the 16 GB all allocated to running the minecraft server?

17. iDraGoN

iDraGoN Member

I think the TS3 need some, too :p

18. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I think its better if you could tell me what was the resource usage on your machine so I can have a better prediction of what's its going to be like.

19. iDraGoN

iDraGoN Member

Its like this:
    24 GB Ram
    no idea about cpu
    btw i just was technican :D

Of the 24 GB we used 12 for Minecraft, so your server should take it.
    You can test it live, if it starts to lag just take it to 30mins

20. Royal_UK

Royal_UK Member
    Donator

On my lowest spec server we allocated 8GB to minecraft and were able to use dynmap with almost no noticeable effect on in-game play unless we did full renders of a 4000x4000 map plus a 1000x1000 creative world which would cause a load of lag for about 15 to 30 minutes at must so put simply your machine will be able to quite easily deal with dynmap. The only bitch part of dynmap is the initial set up as the settings can be annoying and really you need to get the large majority of the settings right first time.