1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JailBreak Server

Discussion in 'Maps' started by TheCookieMonster, Mar 4, 2011.

1. joceninja

joceninja Member
    Donator

put in jb_snowynights_v4 instead of ba_jail_snowynights_v3?

it has a few games fixed like the race and lastreaction

2. Myles

Myles The Experienced
    Retired Member

I'm sure we did have it before but it got changed back for V3 cause not many people liked the changes V4 had.

3. joceninja

joceninja Member
    Donator

all i could find by searching forums was the gun in cell which could simply be removed for an overall improvement?

I could just go remove and upload it if you can't be arsed just let me know.

4. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

Yea I'll upload if you do this. Can you quote here it was said?

5. Myles

Myles The Experienced
    Retired Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. GeorgeLAD

GeorgeLAD The Experienced
    Donator

I beg you please don't get rid of the propkills on snowynights, honestly funny af and makes the map

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Mangus

Mangus Member

8. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

We added it but the sleigh crashes the server unfortunately

9. Mangus

Mangus Member

Oh,OK then

10. Le Rubber Ducky God

ok so, i was speaking the other day with waz or myles, cant remember you're all the same xD
    and i was suggesting putting in a breakfloor game - not our version of breakfloor but a proper version.

"OBJECTIVE The object of this map is to break the floor.---INFO Dig your way to the opposing team and kill them. Use sound as an advantage and be cautious. There is a pit at the bottom so don't go down to deep"

so the basic version of the map - for inspiration purposes - is breakfloor2k5.. https://gamebanana.com/maps/9498

to modify it for jb, two potential (or more, if you think of them) ways of implementing it -
    1. we have the terroists go into two boxes, one for one team one for the other, and they get teleported into the arena with a knife and a deagle with limited bullets - some guns will be hiding inside boxes to find when you break them- friendly fire is turned on and if possible minimap turned off, (dont know if possible)
    2. same thing two boxes teleport them, but teleport them to two small armouries where they choose a few weapons, then get teleported into the arena and then friendly fire gets turned on.

the only thing that needs to be worked out is team killers. apart from saying kill a team mate to be a rebel, i think that there will need to be an objective that will push the terroists into working together instead of being stupid and killing themselves

try the map out a few times, maybe even add it to minigames its a really fun mode, there a few more versions of the breakfloor

-edit- i realise maybe the game isnt clear enough. basically you have breakable boxes on the floor all around you that can be knifed (rightclick) twice or once and they break so you can dig through them and make tunnels and trap, but if u dig too deep you fall down and die, and you have to eliminate the other team doing this, there is a wall in the middle that you cant shoot through so the only way to get at the other team is to dig (the wall extends below one or two blocks below the first level)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

Good idea for a game. I've never added an ff button just because a CT always shoots another CT. Can't help themselves.. t's like putting a treat in front of a dog. I reckon it would be worse for Ts when they are trying to get !lr or just troll.

12. joceninja

joceninja Member
    Donator

Should probably also make the teams colored if u want teams but im very doubtful that ppl wont teamkill/troll by shooting down teammates etc. all the time.
    So the best compromise might just be to not have FF and make it about shooting down the opposing team to remove the teamattacking possibility? Might even have to separate the 2 box zones completely so you're supposed to shoot down the other team.

13. Le Rubber Ducky God

yeah thats the main problem with it with the friendly fire.. maybe making them just drop would be a solution but then they would just drop their own team mates again. maybe ill just ask for it to be added to the minigames server aha

14. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

This is back on with some edits. Don't think it will be super popular but will be a nice change if someone wants one.

15. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Sorry but this section is for map requests for our JailBreak Server.
    If you have a map that you would like on our JailBreak server, you may post here.

16. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

I fixed the secrets on jb_mlcastle. They now give you 200hp if you get the mushroom from the yellow boxes.

17. Kai Master Of Fire

i found new jb map on gamebanana its called ba_apocalyptic its a large map with 11 minigames or more there is link if you want to add it someday
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 20, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 20, 2018 ---
    i found new jb map on gamebanana its called ba_Apocalyptic its large map with 11 minigamese like climb colors etc there is link if you want to add it someday to the server :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 20, 2018 ---
    i wrote same things 2 times by acidentt sorry
    oh sorry i forgot the link there it is https://gamebanana.com/maps/download/199019

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

When I tested this the game crashes and swaps to a different map? Can someone else test this? Seems like a great map if it wouldn't crash on me.

19. Kai Master Of Fire

yea idk why it crashes but it looks like a very good map
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 20, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 20, 2018 ---
    i guess it will be fixed soon i will give u link then
    it crashed for me also i will look if there will be fixed version

20. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

Unfortunately every map he makes crashes :D sad because he makes quite good ones they just never work