1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jailbreak Mic Rule

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by Nicolas, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Nicolas

Nicolas Veteran Member

According to the first rule CTs must have a mic. I don't have a mic and I go to CT a lot. I do this when there aren't many CTs just to help them and if I'm on CT when it's not needed, I offer my place to a T with a mic if he wants to go to CT.

So my question is: can we change this rule? So it is allowed for people to go CT without a mic but they need to offer their place to people with mics. Also when we have this we won't have have people who report CTs with no mic like amstram. He's a good CT and he's not the only good CT without a mic :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 1, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 1, 2014 ---
    I know CT should be able to give warnings and commands but the round is dead anyway when it's like 3v14 (happens often) so I rather go CT then having a freeday every round.

2. Scotty2k14

Scotty2k14 Junior Member
    Donator

But my point is you need a mic to be ct you could be the best ct in the world but that doesnt change the fact having a mic is key because when ct die with mics you lot go trigger happy because you cant type quick enough

3. Nicolas

Nicolas Veteran Member

You can't command through chat and being triggerhappy isn't a rule.. just saying that people should be allowed to join CT without having a mic when

1) not many people on CT, otherwise we have shitty rounds over and over again
    2) there are many people on CT, and they should offer their place for T's with mic, were just there to help CT and to get a decent ratio

4. Randyman <3

Randyman <3 Member
    Donator

Right so your saying that at a round where there is only 3 CT are left and 14 T's they can't bring it back with a simple freeze command? The mic rule should not be changed. It is way too often that People go on CT without a mic which is bad. Fair enough if your trying to help out but when there is people with mic that want to go CT it is a must you swap out. And thinking that Ct's can't command when lots of CT's die and there is 14 T's left. That is just silly. Also the reason for the mic is so they can report missing t's or reasons for warning shots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nicolas

Nicolas Veteran Member

The 3v14 example was that there are just 3CT's, no one died, vs 14+ or more T's. These situations happen at least a few times a day, or 5vs23 or... just picking random numbers, the ratio isnt good. I am sometimes the last one left of these CT's and I dont have a mic, but i joined CT team to help the few CTs that are trying to command.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 1, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 1, 2014 ---
    Ofcourse you can make them stop with a freeze command and I already said that these CTs without a mic must swap for others with mic, it's just weird and not fun when there are always short rounds, freedays because only people with mic can join CT, people without mic should help these CT's then to complete a round or more

6. Ollie

Ollie Veteran Member
    Donator

"CT's must have a mic!" This is one of the most ideal rules, of course we prefer to have a commander over a CT without a mic, that's a given. The only case that there are allowed to be CT's without mics, would be if they are trusted or if there's no other CT's.

Quote from WildFire's JB guide. http://hellclan.co.uk/threads/20440/

As for Amstram I class him as trusted due to him being regular on the server for a long time but other admins may have different opinions.

7. Nicolas

Nicolas Veteran Member

Okay, didn't read Wildfire his thread, i was pointing out the red sentence, sorry :)

8. Ollie

Ollie Veteran Member
    Donator

Pretty much an answer for everything on the forums somewhere.. You just gotta search :)