1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New special days.

Discussion in 'Feedbacks & Suggestions' started by Camper, Jan 14, 2022.

?

Do you guys want new special days ?

1. Yes

87.8%
  2. No

12.2%
  1. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

New SD plugin is added back to the server, all original SD's are re-done to work with the new plugin/API. There is also another new special day added, called "OnInTheChamber".

If you encouter bugs playing any special days let me know, or if you have other idea's/improvements!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Camper

Camper Member
    HeLL FM DJ

i messaged you bro.

3. Camper

Camper Member
    HeLL FM DJ

brandon can you increase the time in scoutknives? 10 seconds is too short

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. kYe

kYe Junior Member
    Donator

Second this

5. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Added to to-do list

6. Waleed

Waleed Senior Member
    Donator

Feel free to add you're opinion and to edit if any of those special days gonna be added. Should be at least 1 or 2 considred

Speacial Days allowed for PayAdmins

(Throwing nades)
    would be great like Camper said. No medic and beacon after 1 minute of the round.

(No scope day) players got 2 choices between a scout and a awp. No medic and beacon after 1 minute of the round.

(Glocks only day) health set to 50 players will only have glock no knife with max of 30 ammo in it players can pick glocks of the dead. No medic and beacon after 1 minute of the round.

Special Days allowed for HeLL Admins and Super Users ONLY

(Fast paced special day) players will have a health of 20 and will have only schmidt machine pistol no knife. Players will get 5hp+ for every kill. No medic.

(Traitor Day) like the one in spy4spy but there will be a chosen player randomly like tank day. He will be chasing all the player to kill them with beacon on him at all times he will have slightly more speed that will force the players to camp Yes but if players haven't moved for 30 seconds then they will get a beacon but will disappear after they move.

(Knife tank day) Exactly like tank day but everyone will have a knife its gonna be super fun and funny just imagine :giggle:

@Brandon

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  7. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

First off, healing is currently blocked on 2 SD's; OnInTheChamber(oitc) and DodgeBall. I'm probably going to enable healing on oitc on the next update, so there's consistency regarding healing over all SD's. (DodgeBall is an exception for obvious reasons..)
    I do not think disabling healing after x amount of time is a good idea, gameplay wise, it will confuse players so this is not going to be intergrated. Automatic beacons are also consistent across all SD's, after 20 seconds of no activity between players. Exception on auto-beacon is tankday, though this might change.

Also I do not see a reason why we should make new SD's HeLL/Super User only, except the one we have at the moment which is MMD, because it can become a very long round. If we were to add/script any new SD's they would need to be unique and easily distinguishable from other SD's.

I think this would cause performance issues, having 40 players spamming nades at the same time. I can have a look if it is possible, since I've seen this suggestion a number of times.

No-scope is a nice suggestion, though the player having the choice between scout and awp doesn't make sense to me. It would either be scout for all OR awp for all.

I don't see this being a fun and unique special day, sounds like pub server first round lol

I think this would be too easy for player to get kills, most players will just run and hide, waiting for someone to show and insta-kill them. Also, we have 2 types of FFD now, ; normal FFD and "rewarding" FFD, rewarding FFD rewards players with the amount of damage they do to other players.

These two suggestions are almost the same as tankday but without guns, I think tankday would just be the same but better. Also the knife variant would just be everyone trying to knife one dude, which will make it hard to actually knife the tank.

Thanks for your suggestions!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Waleed

Waleed Senior Member
    Donator

I understand Thank you for taking the time to look into them :)

I hope you could try and make No scope day scout only like you said its a really fun sd in my opinion.

9. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Bugs/improvements SD's update:

OneInTheChamber:
    Added more explanation before start.
    +USE button is disabled to prevent getting full deagles/dispensers/kevlar full ammo, doors on maps are always open

Tankday:
    Added name of winner/loser of TD in end of SD message
    Enabled auto-beacon on non-activity

Bugs/improvements all SD's:
    Added a ctban check so if a player is CT-banned and gets scrambled to CT at start of SD they do not get slayed, this could cause for minor team differences.
    Countdowns for all SD's changed to 20 seconds.

Added 2 new SD's:
    He-grenade day
    FF No-Scope Day

• Like Like x 8
  10. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Update:

Since almost a month we are having all the new SD's on the server and everything seems to be ok. Though, I'm considering implementing some kind of feature that stop special days from dragging on too long, for certain special days that are sensitive to long rounds, if you have ideas for this 'problem' let me know.
    (most likely including dodgeball day and oneinthechamber day)

SD's that I'm working on and are probably added in the future:
    - FF Knife Warday
    - HideandSeek day

My current 'simple' idea/concept for HideandSeek day is:
    Reasons why I don't think going for the 'normal' hide and seek is valid is because each map has different/custom, or no, props, this would make it impossible to make it work with prop select I think..

SD's that I'm not yet working on but plan on doing:
    - Vampires VS Slayers day
    If you have any good suggestions regarding the above concept for hideandseek day or other SD's let me know! Next update is probably going to be somewhere in May, since I'm also trying to get some mapping work done..

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Fronexe

Fronexe Member
    Mapper

Maybe something that can be implemented for the delay of the mentioned special days is giving a laser to all players that targets the player with the highest kills/scores, or possibly the nearest player. ( I mean the laser just like in MMD when cts get pointed to where mike is at the end / or like the one used in some LR's.) / or probably just give 2x or 1.5x speed to all players after a certain time limit.

12. maximum white

maximum white Member

After one in a chamber SD on lego map, next round everyone was having beacon and it was earraping to hear

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Could you elaborate how and what happend? Would need more info to investigate

14. maximum white

maximum white Member

Lego map, a special day called "One in a chamber" ends, we have time for a new round, a new round starts, everyone have beacon and this sound is multiplying so it started to earrape me

15. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Mhm I haven't seen this bug before, whilst I've played "one in the chamber" tons of times.. If it happends again make sure to let me know, and please include date & time so we can check server logs for any errors, thanks!

16. new_summer_resident

@Brandon regarding DodgeBall SD I have the feeling that the flash/nade lifetime is shorter than during LR. Is it possible to increase the lifetime?
    Other than that I like the new SDs :)

17. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

On SD:
    [​IMG]
    On LR:
    [​IMG]

You are right, it has a 0.1 seconds shorter liftetime on dodgeballday, I'll add this to the list for the new update for the SD plugin (More SD's coming). I think it will be somewhere in July-Aug.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Added Tele-War Day; AWP-knife round, team-based. If you kill an enemy you get teleported to their location. Let me know if you notice any bugs or feedback

Soon to come: HideAndSeek ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Camper

Camper Member
    HeLL FM DJ

Wow amazing ❤️