1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sv_pure 1 blocking text sent SFX

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by af3ccted, Jun 20, 2021.

1. af3ccted

af3ccted Member

^^^ Video showing the problem

I use a custom SFX for text sent in the in-game chat since on some 32 player servers its hard to hear footsteps when you have more than 4 people spamming chat. On all sv_pure 1 servers custom SFX such as this get replaced by a random monotone pitch.

I think a simple solution for this issue would be to whitelist the SFX. (VPK file path: sound/common/talk.wav)

2. af3ccted

af3ccted Member

3. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

I've never had the problem that text message sound was making it hard to hear other SFX in-game, neither did I ever hear anyone else about it. Though, I don't think it would be difficult to add (sound\common\...) to the whitelist, and by looking at the sounds inside the folder sound\common I don't think there is any sounds there that can be changed there to give an unfair advantage

These are some of the default sounds folders that are already added, sound\common is not in the list from what I can see in-game
    sound\weapons\... any
    sound\radio\... any
    sound\items\... any
    sound\ui\... any

But @Boy might know more

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  4. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

I think you should reinstall the game to reset the sound files if they have been corrupted.

I dont think we will be whitelisting any custom sounds on server.

Thanks!

5. af3ccted

af3ccted Member

The "zap" SFX is specific to CS:S(its the game trying to revert the standart sfx but failing), nothing is corrupted. To make this clear, I was only asking to whitelist a path, not the custom SFX.

It isn't specifically about the footsteps, it's more about grabbing my attention. Some servers (unloze mg) have trolls who are actively trying to get my attention. I mute them, and I use a custom silent SFX which replaces chat ticks on message sent. On Hell JB the SFX is blocked and replaced by a "zap" and so my only choices are compromises - turn off the custom SFX and restart the game each time I want to play JB or just use the default one and get frustrated while playing some other servers.

I know what I just typed is a bit hard on the eyes, TL DR - It's just more comfortable for me if its whitelisted, I'm not seeking to gain an advantage.

6. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Its amazing to see how users customise a game like css so much to suit themselves. I can only suggest you lowering your game volume if you don't want sounds to distract you - but we wouldn't be changing anything server side.