1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jailbreak mappool

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by af3ccted, Mar 27, 2021.

1. af3ccted

af3ccted Member

These are just my thoughts on the current JB server's mappool - only ~8 maps are played almost every day (carceris, lego, new summer, avalanche, vipintheremix, spyvspy, minecraft ze, brikkenwood).

By "almost every day" I mean that at least 4 of these maps are played each day on the server. After having played on the server for 3/4 of a year these maps feel kinda stale. The most infamous of these is lego jail, where it's standart for cts' to command "rush iso" every round. All other maps listed above are not near as bad, but are still very "predictable" in terms of routes and commands.

I suggest admins try to encourage players to play other, more niche maps (airship, lunar, snowynight, 8bit, coast, nexzoid, sunshine, piranesi etc). <- IMO these are just as good as the more popular maps.

2. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

I guess you are right, some maps are overplayed, and other less popular maps need to be played more.

But it is the majority of players who want to play these maps since they get voted for, as well as that less popular maps sometimes make players leave.
    Only thing I can think of which could help is increase the rotation limit of the maps, but this has been dissuaded by different people for good reasons

Check these threads, it has been discussed a few times in the past already:
    https://hellclan.co.uk/threads/42375/ (2020)
    https://hellclan.co.uk/threads/40220/ (2018)
    https://hellclan.co.uk/threads/1601/page-128#post-356396 (2017)

3. Bobbymans

Bobbymans Member

Although I really like Lego, I get annoyed when everyone either votes for Summer or mlcastle, because those 2 are really getting boring, and all the other maps are so rarely played that if they get voted for, it really "takes me back" as in I haven't played them in months so I get memories from them of months ago, is that a good sign? Nah, in my opinion, Summer and mlcastle are really getting boring to the point that I want to leave the server everytime they load, especially as T.

The games haven't changed, and neither has the map, so it's just like replaying a particular level of a storymode-game over and over again, and for some reason, some people find it fun, but I just can't seem to enjoy it.

And I notice that everytime we play those particular maps, some games aren't even played, well, atleast not when I join the server (underground Summer games, mlcastle bowling, Summer pool, Lego racing game behind the cells, Lego piano) and more, it's always 1 or 2 games that are being played standard on these maps, such as the couch game in Avalanche, or football in Summer.

And I hope some people will realise how fun it is to play different maps instead of these "standard" ones, I mean c'mon, never heard of Canyondam? Everytime I hear this map get mentioned there are always a couple of people that say "well that map is shait" ... And I know that most of you played it already, but seriously, it's better than playing summer or mlcastle over and over again.

Some of my favourite maps are never being played on this server because of this, and I find that's sad, because most players will not know the greatness of Parabellum or the memories some of us have on any other map that isn't being played lately, it's such a waste and we should bring back those old memories..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

A good way to fix this would be to increase the amount of maps before you can replay another. up it to maybe 15 / 20.

5. WildFire

WildFire Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

What tends to happen if we don't let people play their 'favourite maps' like the ones you've listed, what we've found is the numbers of player drops. Those maps are what encourages people to join. It's down to the server to nominate and rtv for the newer maps, just need everyone to be on the same wave length. It frequently happens on MG all it takes is someone to say "Let's try the new map X" and they RTV for it.

Also, Clan members and PA's can set up votes to put new maps on if they want to or people request them, that's not an issue. I don't think increasing the time before the same map can be played will do any good as particularly of a night, the 'favourite maps' is what keeps people playing the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

Fair enough, sorry i was listing a suggestion to his issue.
    I didn't mean that it was something that should have been implemented.

I think its the vocal minority that dont like playing VIP and Summer all day.
    I love those maps :D

7. af3ccted

af3ccted Member

I haven't seen an admin set up a vote for a map in a while TBH. Also for MG, as far as I know, dans kegs nxr escapetheprison dc courses, jacs knife multi swag mg are also way more popular than other maps like lego builder, mario party v1, lt glacier metropolis. Bias towards tried and tested courses and multigame maps is present on MG, too.

8. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

I'm gonna agree on this one, it really depends on the others what map they wanna play. Usually, when I'm on MG, I just ask others to nominate a good map and they usually go for the multi games ones instead of courses, the same goes for Jailbreak. Sometimes I nominate one of the newest added maps and sometimes others.

If you really wanna play other maps, why don't you mention it in-game to others? Pretty sure most of them will give it a try, and play on the newest ones. What you also can do is just check the map section in here to nominate them every time when you are in-game just to play on a different scale here and there. I am not gonna lie, I don't like some of the overplayed maps as well, that's why I randomly vote for a non-overplayed map in the nomination list or, do one that got added recently.

Map section for JB: https://hellclan.co.uk/threads/1109/ - check the map names and try to nominate them, like others do.

9. WildFire

WildFire Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Yeah so any admin is capable of doing it, just need to ask the question. They might think it's what the people want to continue playing the same maps, if people encourage it we'll listen.

10. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

I guess if the majority didn't want the play these maps, they wouldn't vote for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

It really is that simple

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

I just find it hard to believe that people enjoy running into iso and staying there for 5 mins on lego or taking 1 step out and all ct's die after 3 mins of searching rebellers on summer and no single game being played.

Most people rtv maps with actual new and good games and play the maps that literally has like 3 games on it besides football.

But I guess people wanna take 1 step out and wait forever. Glad I always play CT on those maps and not have to face the back of my cell/iso before respawning inside cells again and repeat lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

If you're on CT for those maps, maybe take command so that the Ts dont have to stand outside the cells all map with a lazy warden.

14. Bobbymans

Bobbymans Member

Absolutely, i've really wondered why people think that is entertaining, one step out of cell, bam, dead, wait like 20 minutes and the same happens lol, that too is the reason I only play CT, I can barely enjoy being T in every map, except if they're large and have multiple fun ways of rebelling, I just can't see myself playing the same map over and over and dying at the start of each round.. If you think of it, jailbreak is a weird gamemode for Counter-Strike, except for CT's ofcourse.

15. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

Has nothing to do with lazy wardening. Has everything to do with at least 3 in vent cell and a deagle and usp each round. This first has to be dealt with before you can move the T's. Think a bit logical if you answer

• Agree Agree x 1