1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

microphone not detected

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by Lugin, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Lugin

Lugin Member

Hi everyone, im creating this thread because i've had this issue for a while now and i cant seem to fix it for myself.

So, i have Razer Headset Electra V2 and I can't seem to activate or even use any other microphone other than the computer one, for some reason it doesn't show up on the control panel sound tab, it shows the computer microphone, even if im using the Iphone earphone or the razor headset. I've tried to install the updated drivers of Realtek but it works only before i restart the computer, once i restart it goes back to the computer's microphone.

As shown bellow, i have this thing that its called "Conjunto de Microfones" which means "set of microfones", that i believe that it is the computer ones. I also believe that it is supose to appear "Microphone" on that tab as shown below as well, (from a screenshot i got from google), which it doesn't and there comes my issue. Concluding that the Razer one doesn't show on any tab( device manager included).

I've tried to unistall the devices on Device Manager, nothing worked. I think there's nothing wrong with the microphone, its a computer problem in my opinion.

Anyone have any suggestions or a possible solution for this?

I'm avaliable to go on discord and try to fix this if anyone would give the time to help me on this.

Thanks a lot beforehand.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 19, 2021, Original Post Date: Feb 19, 2021 ---
    Also, the JBL GO that shows is my portable speaker not any relevant to the microphone issue.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 19, 2021 ---
    Once i plug any headphone/headset device this shows up aswell.

Attached Files:

2. Arya

Arya Veteran Member
    Retired Member

Assuming you connect the headset via USB, have you tried a different set of USB ports?
    For example pluggin them in at the set on the back of the computer instead of the front ones.

Another option to try is to disable auto hardware updates to test.
    How to Disable Automatic Driver Downloads on Windows 10
    1. Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
    2. Make your way to System and Security.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
    5. Select the Hardware tab.
    6. Press the Device Installation Settings button.
    7. Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

First do the steps above to disable temporary.
    Then remove the current audio drivers completely.
    After reboot install your audio drivers once again.
    Test to see if this made any difference.

3. Lugin

Lugin Member

Thanks for the fast response, Arya.

I forgot to mention that im using a laptop, therefore i only have one usb port.
    I've done the steps that you suggested and i've managed to make it work but lets see if its permanent. Also, my headset doesn't seem to be connected, any ideas on that? Thanks once again.

Attached Files:

• new.PNG
      new.PNG
      File size:
      18.5 KB
      Views:
  4. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

If the problems persists, you can always try to update or clean install/update your chipset drivers, don't know what motherboard you have?

5. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

I had a problem with my mic once, @The Secret helped me fixing this problem. Maybe he can help you as well

6. Lugin

Lugin Member

I think showing is more appropriate.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 21, 2021, Original Post Date: Feb 21, 2021 ---
    Right, so right know im doing what i've always did, which is update the driver. Once its updated everything is fine till I restart the laptop. Once restarted, goes back to the "Microphone Array", or "Set of microphones".

Pretty annoying that i have to do this in order to have the correct microphone. I honestly have no idea why this happens.
    Welp.

Attached Files:

7. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

go to device manager, try to update the driver there. Pick drivers already installed.
    Check if there is more than one there.

If there is, try switching to the other one to find out which one is the working one, then delete the one that doesn't work.

8. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

I searched google an seems a lot of people have this problem with ur model. Try the steps in this video.