1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any suggestions for my new pc?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by L O P O, Feb 14, 2021.

1. L O P O

L O P O Member

Hello, i am thinking in buying a new pc this is the setup i made so far, i am open to new suggestions since i am quite inexperienced

Motherboard ATX MSI X470 GAMING PLUS
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700x Octa-Core
    RTX 2060 Ventus XS OC 6GB
    HyperX Fury 16 GB Ram DDR4-3200mhz
    SSD Samsung M.2 2280
    Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB MLC V-NAND
    Corsair CX750M

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

Yo! Is it mainly gaming you're doing?

Would it be possible to swap the processor for a 3600x and get a better GPU?

I feel like you'd get better value for your money that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Doctor CPU

Doctor CPU Senior Member
    Donator

Maybe more ram depending on what games you are playing and the fact that ram is fairly cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

you can upgrade your ram for just the cost of the extra ram in future though.
    You cant just spend the extra to upgrade a GPU. you have to buy the new one, and try to sell your old one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

First of all I want to inform you that this period is a really bad period to build a pc from parts since prices are sky rocketing because of the availabllilty of parts atm because of corona etc.
    The upgradability of your rig is quite bad, some parts are already 'old', meaning if you would to upgrade in the future your mobo would become obsolete. I would go for a newer mobo, for example the x570 aswell as as the newer 5000 AMD cpu, preferably the 5800. I would not get a 2000 series gpu but go for the 3000 series, referably the 3060 or 3070. Only thing is it might take a while depending before it arrives, dependant on your location. Rest of parts are good choices I think.

This is just some things you could think of. I tried to be in around the same budget as you were with the parts you listed but it would be easier if you would list your budget range and like Jacob asked what will you use if for mainly?

6. L O P O

L O P O Member

My goal was to built a 1000€ PC, with the Specs i mentioned it ended up around 1100€, i don't really want to invest muuuch more than that but if it's worth it to spend few more euros to get something that will last long i don't really mind
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 14, 2021, Original Post Date: Feb 14, 2021 ---
    I will not buy the pc so soon exactly because of the lack of stock maybe around summer most of specs will be available and cheaper?

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

I would say wait until summer, though no one knows prices will be back at normal range at that time. At least stock will be better anyways. This is what I would do with your budget.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - 370 Euro (It's like 10% higher priced then the 3700X but it's worth the performance.)
    GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Gaming X Trio - 550 Euro (If you have patience to wait until it reaches normal prices it will be around 450 euro, and it has like ~30+% performance in comparison with the 2060, it's just way better)
    Mobo: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard - 150 Euro
    RAM: HyperX Fury 16 GB Ram DDR4-3200Mz -100 euro
    PSU: COOLERMASTER 750W MWE GOLD V2 ATX 80+ - 105 Euro

~1175 euro, I think this build would you give significantly more performance :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

you left out room for storage in the budget