1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rashel Daud - Break into

Discussion in 'Music' started by D҉A҉V҉E҉, Jan 25, 2021.

1. D҉A҉V҉E҉

D҉A҉V҉E҉ Member
    Donator

Hey guys,

Released new song through my Music label company , and I'd appreciate some feedback of the first commercial pop-song that has been released.
    Youtube link:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jingle Jangles

Jingle Jangles Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

Great stuff and huge congrats on your first pop release man, the track is cool.

youknow101.jpg

I can mention a couple of points on the music production side of things that could be improved. More specifically, I'll talk mostly about mixing because this is the main area for improvement here I feel. Before I get into it though I'll just say that most areas i.e. the structure, instrumentation, sound design, melodies etc. are fantastic. The chorus especially has a great mood-lifting effect. So...

First and foremost the vocals could be louder in the mix. Listen to any big hit pop song (Ariana Grande etc.) the vocals are super, super loud. This is partly because when streaming services process a track, vocals aren't registered as much as instrumentals when it comes to how their algorithms "quieten" a track for general release on their service. Basically you can have a louder track (ideal in pop) if the vocals are louder relative to the instrumentals. The vocals could also be brought more "forward", they sound a little distant, which is fine sometimes for a chorus but for the verses you want them right up front in the mix.

The relative volumes of the instruments/sections could also be mixed a little better. For example, the stringed instrument that comes in at 1:08 is way louder than anything else in the track. You want the chorus instruments to be louder than your post-chorus/bridge instruments (and those relatively quieter) as this is when the listener 'winds down' from the intensity of the chorus - which should be the loudest section of the song.

Right before the first chorus (and elsewhere in the song), you've got a great "cue". The issue is that it took me a few listens to hear it. That metallic "ting" sound that sets the listener ready that the beat is going to change. These are actually really cool devices and you could utilise it more in this track by making it louder and/or panning it to the left or right.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

As I said, the track is great, these are just some improvements that could make it even better. I hope you are okay with me suggesting these. It's mostly to potentially go to your mixing engineer. So if you agree with any of the points I've raised you can mention it to them :) Of course, these are just my opinions based on my knowledge and experience, many might very well disagree with me.

Keep us posted on future releases!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1