1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sv_accelerate 10 on the MG server?

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by af3ccted, Jan 4, 2021.

1. af3ccted

af3ccted Member

This is a question to the HeLL clan members/server hosters - why is sv_accelerate set to 10 on the MiniGame server?

I personally dislike it because it changes the weapon META - with everyone strafing left-right its difficult to hit these strafers with headshots, making most players use smgs, shotguns or pistols, all of which can bodyshot while running with decent accuracy. I guess it makes knife fighting a lot more interesting and diverse with the crazy mobility you gain.

I asked Skip and Conner in-game and they just said that "otherwise all course maps are harder and its more boring without the easy bhops".

I'd like to hear other HeLL members' reasons/opinions on this.

2. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

I don't know why it was originally set to 10, over 10 years ago. But it would be a drastic change to switch it to 5 after the server has had that setting for so long. Compared to other minigame servers it's admittedly a very different gameplay and depending on the way you look at it it's either a positive or a negative unique feature.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

I honestly think it might be the reason HeLL MG server is still alive today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tapz

Tapz Member
    Donator

I think a little of configuration needs to be done to the MG server with movement and AA, I do hear this conversation alot on the server and definitely agree that a little tweak needs to done and I hope HeLL Members do take our opinions seriously but it needs to be done correctly from someone which knows well about the settings like @suRpr1zE could help with. I think a similar setting to the Bhop server would be good for MG.

Yes it is a reason why but a little change won't hurt the server. It needs to be abit more adaptable to new players and noobs eg me

5. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

You're going to have to be specific on what settings you would like to be changed. There are many differences between MG and bhop but if you're talking about switching to bhop settings altogether then I am not a fan.

I would also not sign up on any changes unless the majority of MG regs would agree with them.

6. Doctor CPU

Doctor CPU Senior Member
    Donator

Mind giving a list of mg movement CVARs?

7. Skip

Skip Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

If any settings were to change it would mean the need for all maps to have records reset. Which personally I think would be silly, but it be interesting to here others thoughts.

8. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

A lot of map records are set by people who I havent seen in years. I see it as no bad thing if they have to be reset.

9. Skip

Skip Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

No offence but I rarely see you on Mg. Also, I don't think that you play courses so how can you comment on whether the reset has any issues? People have spent hours getting those times, I think it would be pretty unfair.

Anyway, some records are held by old players that's always going to happen, a reset would refresh this, but I don't see the issue of having old records from past players; it just gives more competition on each course which is a good thing IMO

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  10. Doctor CPU

Doctor CPU Senior Member
    Donator

Maybe do something like:
    https://hellclan.co.uk/pages/mgtimer/