1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's up with admins extending games without votes?

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by korv med brod, Jan 3, 2021.

1. korv med brod

korv med brod Junior Member

Steezus just extended the map without any vote or any warning, this sucks if you dislike the map and don't even get to vote

[​IMG]

2. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

[​IMG]

You can always leave. 44 players didn't mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. korv med brod

I'm just asking why the map was extended without a vote when things normally get voted, you didn't provide an answer, on the previous map you even voted for an extend but people voted no but you still extended this map without any vote at all for some reason

(Also I wouldn't say that "no one mind", a bunch of people were saying "woah 50 minute map?", I guess you could take that as a compliment if you want to)

4. Kongu

Kongu Member

From the looks of it, it's a new map. Mario was extended yesterday without a vote as well so people could spend time and make a judgement on the new map added to the server.

I wouldn't question the decision anyway, it's a clan member, they own the servers...?

5. korv med brod

I wouldn't question the decision anyway, it's a clan member, they own the servers...?
    I'm asking a very simple question and instead I'm faced with passive aggressive comments and screenshots? It would be faster to just answer why they did it this way so I understand for next time

From the looks of it, it's a new map. Mario was extended yesterday without a vote as well so people could spend time and make a judgement on the new map added to the server.
    Yea this makes sense but I was hoping for an admin to answer because they probably know best why it was extended this way

6. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

It was extended as it is a new map and there is a lot of hype for it. We would also like to test it.

Sorry for not answering first time. Hope this helps.

7. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

If you use common sense its because the map was big and new so extended time for wardens to practice and for people to explore and try the map. Normally rounds on new maps take ages since the warden is also new and cautious.

Also because all other maps are way overplayed and people tend to rtv the new maps very quickly because its new. An extended time gives people a reason to check the map out. After this map we went straight back to vipinthemix while other new maps were also nominated..

Having an extended time has nothing to do with the rtv system as well. Therefore, if you dislike a map just rtv its that simple.