1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special Days - JB

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by Jake, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Jake

Jake Member

As everyone who is here for a while can notice the increase of "special days" by map. This takes away the "special" in special days. I remember back then MMD was a crazy thing now theres like 2 every 4 maps and the other special days are just common. Special days takes a bit of the fun of jailbreak(im not saying special days are bad im saying that we need to lower the rate of them), theres so many ct's who don't even know how to command properly they just go to shout every time they can for a special day and that doesn't help them becoming good wardens wich they could be if they were enforced to command.

So my suggestion is to lower the special days by a considerable amount per map. I think 2/3 would be a good idea, one on the start, one on the end of the map and one if the warden asked for it and had command before in a proper way. Keep in mind i dont hate special days like i said before, i just want them to keep being special. I would like to hear what the community thinks about this topic.

Edit: Im counting Zombie freedays and wardays as special days aswell.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

I think I remember this being an issue like 5 years ago, and this special day has always been liked and disliked by different community members. Back then the !sd command was changed so only hell admins could use it. Now also payadmins can use it again.

In my opinion 1 day per map should be max, since there could also be multiple wardays and (zombie) freedays and this makes it remain a special day.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bennevis

Bennevis Senior Member
    Donator

Only 1 special day can happen each map, warday excluded of course

4. Jake

Jake Member

Ye i was counting wardays and zfd aswell since they are different from the common rounds.

5. wik50

wik50 Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

When it comes to !sd (specialday) it can only be done 1 time per map only by admins. However regular wardays can be called but it has to be a regular round between, same after an !sd. And I always try to keep sd's to the end of the maps.

When it comes to wardens regular sd they most of time calls them to calm down the atmosphere on the server and just let some steam off. So i see no issue here, but if you see a warden spamming sd's over and over i recommend a recording off it instead so admins can take the appropriate action.

6. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

You're right, it's more that wardays and freedays/zombie freedays happen very frequently and can take a lot of time to finish.

7. Jake

Jake Member

I agree with you, in some some maps, like summer or vip, sometimes ct's just need a break but calling a special day shouldnt be that many times its a low effort escape. Plus it should be something awarded to a commander who provided a good round or at least tried to not a ct who just just goes there to ask or say wich one hes doing and after never command the rest of the map

8. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

I agree, but i think there should only be 1 warday and 1 special day every map.
    the warday would mostly be used on the first round when players spawn in, so that only leaves the SD left to use.
    Zombie freeday also counts as a warday rather than a SD i think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. J.Gatsby

J.Gatsby Member
    Donator

I'm always a little harsh with !sd. If CT's have done well commanding and not loosing every round then they get a sd. If I think someone is slacking and only commanding to call a sd then I will nearly always say no. That's not to say I tell others they can't give one it's just that I personally won't. I see sd as a reward for a job well done by CT's not a guarantee every round

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Jake

Jake Member

Thats basacly what i said and that thought process should be the norm, thank you.

11. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

There are already rules to make sure the special days do not get spammed. The special special days like MMD AND FFD can only be played once per map which is good enough, maybe this is even too much. Wardays should not be limited more. It is always nice to shoot up some annoying t's who aren't listening ;).

CT's who dont command for a whole map and only command warday every couple rounds are warned for that by some admins. I think special days are still special. I wouldnt like to see 1 warday only per map..

12. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

General rule of thumb is to only do special days at the end of the map to reduce disturbance to the game

13. maj_ly_mad

maj_ly_mad Senior Member
    Donator

tbh a commander that constantly commands zfd or wd is not a good commander

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Jake

Jake Member

Shouldnt be allowed to command in my opinion