1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jailbreak map ratings

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by Suicide, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

This is a list of all the current maps on the jailbreak server. If you know the map good, give it a rating from 1-10. 1 would be worst map, 10 would be best map. This is to see what maps are liked by the players and what are decent maps. Maybe also to expand our view of ''good maps'' a little bit and explore new maps, maybe even get to play them on a more regular basis. Only give a rating if you really know the map, otherwise the rating would be useless of course.

After amount of people voted are the scores the people have given.
    The maps below are ordered the same way as the current nomination list.

Under the map I will put the amount of people that voted. This way it is easy to calculate the averages.

Thanks to @Spike we can vote easier for the maps with photo's added. Click this link to rate the maps:
    https://forms.gle/EtJJpNgWgVzhMWqb8

This list may not be up to date completely
    jb_vipinthemix_v1_3 : 6,5
    (Amount of people voted: (8.5 - 6 - 5 - )
    ba_jail_lockdown_final : 6
    (Amount of people voted: 6 - )
    ba_jail_lunar_mkIIf : 5
    (Amount of people voted: 5 - )
    jb_avalanche : 7,3
    (Amount of people voted: 9 - 5 - 8 - )
    jb_texture_jail_v7 : 6.7
    (Amount of people voted: 7 - 7 - 6 - )
    ba_jail_sand_v3 : 5.5
    (Amount of people voted: 3 - 8 - )
    ba_jail_lotus_final_fixed2 : 4
    (Amount of people voted: 4 - )
    ba_jail_tile_paradice_v_2_sg : 5
    ba_jail_fg_wakka_b5 : 5
    ba_jail_canyondam_v6_fix : 5
    (Amount of people voted: 5 - 5 - )
    ba_jail_fg_revolution_v1 : 5
    jb_hello_v3 : 3
    (Amount of people voted: 3 - )
    jb_umbrella_final_hell : 6
    jb_spy_vs_spy_beta7 : 8.2
    (Amount of people voted: 9.5 - 10 - 5 - )
    jb_mc_raphi4life_v1 : 7
    (Amount of people voted: 9 - 5 - )
    ba_jail_mn_maximum_v5 : 6
    ba_jail_mn_blackops_snow9 : 4
    jb_hell_castle_bt5p : 4
    jb_coast_v1fix_hell : 4
    jb_paper_alive_ultime_se : 6.5
    (Amount of people voted: 6.5 - 6 - 7 - )
    jb_island_prison_final : 4
    jb_heat_3fixed : 7
    (Amount of people voted: 7 - )
    jb_paradise_prison_fix : 5
    jb_programer_v3h2 : 6
    ba_jailrp_scofield_v3_5 : 5
    jb_forest_rooftop_beta8 : 4
    jb_airship_b3_hell : 7.5
    (Amount of people voted: 7 - 8 - )
    jb_friendship_v1_fixh3 : 4
    jb_minecraft_z_v5e : 9.3
    (Amount of people voted: 9.5 - 9 - )
    jb_blackout_v10hell : 3
    (Amount of people voted: 3 - )
    ba_ace_jail_v3b : 4
    jb_simple_b5_2 : 6
    jb_halloween_fix : 4
    jb_new_summer_v2b : 7.3
    (Amount of people voted: 9 - 5 - 8 - )
    jb_last_encounter_fix : 3
    (Amount of people voted: 3 - 3 - )
    jb_piranesi_beta_02a : 6
    jb_carceris_final_fixedh : 7.6
    (Amount of people voted: 10 - 6 - 7 )
    jb_mlcastle_v10_h6 : 8
    (Amount of people voted: 9 - 9 - 6 - )
    jb_lego_jail_pre_v6-2h : 8.7
    (Amount of people voted: 9 - 7 - 10 - )
    jb_italia_revamp_b5b : 8
    (Amount of people voted: 9 - 6 - 9 - )
    jb_b1_detention_center_final : 4
    jb_vacant_v4h : 8
    (Amount of people voted: 8 - )
    jb_minecraft_daylight_v7e : 7.8
    (Amount of people voted: 6.5 - 9 - )
    ba_105_jail_final :
    (Amount of people voted: )
    jb_snowynights_v4 : 6
    jb_vanilla_v3 :
    jb_mars_beta2 : 4
    jb_office_beta2-1c : 5
    jb_mobile :
    jb_sunshine_beta2 : 4
    jb_brikkenwood_v5 : 7.8
    (Amount of people voted: 7.5 - 8 - )

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Waleed

Waleed Senior Member
    Donator

This is my own opinion on the maps i play everyday.

vipinthemix (8.5 out of 10 as there isn't much games to do but a very fun map to play)

avalanche (9 out of 10 balanced map plenty of games)

texture (7 out of 10 the games are very complicated to explain but fun map to play)

spy4spy (9.5 out of 10 great map great games)

paperalive (6.5 out of 10 great games but the map is too big players will have to wait plenty of time for the next round)

mincraftv_5e ( 9.5 out of 10 great map great games)

summer (9 out of 10 very fun map for the t's but not the ct's unless the ct team players are good cts and most of them with mics they can have fun in the map as well)

carceris (10 out of 10 no doubts this map is great map great games with good cts you can balance the map and it's fun for the t's/ct's)

mlcastle (9 out of 10 great map great games but would've gave it 10 if it wasnt that big some games can't be played cos of how far they are)

lego (9 out of 10 same as summer very fun map for the t's but not the ct's unless the ct team players are good cts and most of them with mics they can have fun in the map as well)

Italiarevamp (people doesn't play this map a lot but i will give it 9 out of 10 because great games well balanced map and fun to play)

minecraft_daylight ( 6.5 out of 10 way too big if someone rebel the round will take so long but the games in it are very fun to play)

jb_brikkenwood_v5 (7.5 out of 10 nice map fun games but a bit ct sided but not gonna complain about it as there is T sided maps as well)

there is another mincraft map that have hide and seek in it but not sure of the name (9 out of 10 for it great map great games balanced map and very fun to play)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  3. Doctor CPU

Doctor CPU Senior Member
    Donator

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

jb_vipinthemix_v1_3 : 6/10 - Good map. Slightly a bit too T sided for my liking and the games are a little dated but still fun to play with the right warden.
    ba_jail_lockdown_final : 6/10 - Fun map. Original games which is always nice. I like the layout of cells and easy access to games.
    ba_jail_lunar_mkIIf : 5/10 - It's okay. The layout of the map makes it difficult for mobility, especially with a full server. The Easter eggs are fun.
    jb_avalanche : 5/10 - Okay map. I think it has a little too much open space to be a really fun map. The games take a long time to get to but they are original and fun.
    jb_texture_jail_v7 : 7/10 - Some original games in this one and the layout is really clean. It's a shame they are not played. Good balance to the map. I'd remove the gun in cell but it doesn't hurt the map too much.
    ba_jail_sand_v3 : 3/10 - Poor layout and games are very basic. Very ugly too.
    ba_jail_lotus_final_fixed2 : 4/10 - layout is poor but the map is quite pretty. I think the map games are a bit dated but it looks very nice.
    ba_jail_tile_paradice_v_2_sg : 5/10 - Lots of copy and paste games from other maps. Layout is very basic but does the job for a decent jb map.
    ba_jail_fg_wakka_b5 : 5/10 - Lots of copy and paste games again. The desert outside makes it interesting
    ba_jail_canyondam_v6_fix : 5/10 - Could be top tier if the layout was better. Great games and one of the best looking maps just takes so long for CTs to get to cells then for Ts to get out of cell area. Shame the worst game is closest to cells also.
    ba_jail_fg_revolution_v1 : 5/10 - Slightly too big to be really good but looks very nice and some original games in there. Too much open space in this one to be top tier.
    jb_hello_v3 : 3/10 - Everything is just too big. It takes an age to get anywhere which is never a good thing in jailbreak.
    jb_umbrella_final_hell : 6/10 - Good original games. The layout makes it difficult to get to them with only one route out of cell area.
    jb_spy_vs_spy_beta7 : 10/10 - Most balanced JB map ever. Great games and the perfect size.
    jb_mc_raphi4life_v1 : 5/10 - Good original games but too big and the layout makes it not very easy to get around.
    ba_jail_mn_maximum_v5 : 6/10 - Great games and good balance but the cell layout is a downside. Too one dimensional.
    ba_jail_mn_blackops_snow9 : 4/10 - Old school classic but too big for the fast pace jb is nowadays.
    jb_hell_castle_bt5p : 4/10 - Some nice games but lacks character. Too much grey brick around the map. Needs some colour or detail.
    jb_coast_v1fix_hell : 4/10 - Cell area lets this one down. Cells that are claustrophobic is never fun to play. Ts can rush vents so easy. But good map if cells were open.
    jb_paper_alive_ultime_se : 6/10 - Classic Raphi huge map with lots of great games. I'd love Raphi to make a small map with all his wacky ideas.
    jb_island_prison_final : 4/10 dodgy cell area. Very linear layout to the map. Looks great though.
    jb_heat_3fixed : 7/10 top map with good games. I think it needs a bit of fun in it in terms of looks. Very dusty looking.
    jb_paradise_prison_fix : 5/10 Decent map. Cell area is tucked away in the corner of the map which forces the CTs into decisions. Cell design makes it hard to rebel.
    jb_programer_v3h2 : 6/10 - Original design. I like the pathway and the pillars blocking the revellers from the CT view. The vent lets it down but a fun map.
    ba_jailrp_scofield_v3_5 : 5/10 - Lacks character. Very basic looking so is easy to forget.
    jb_forest_rooftop_beta8 : 4/10 - Not enough games but original layout.
    jb_airship_b3_hell : 7/10 - Good map. Layout lends to good gameplay. Games are easily accessed and good chances to rebel.
    jb_friendship_v1_fixh3 : 4/10 - Pretty ugly but some decent games. If it was finished it may be top tier.
    jb_minecraft_z_v5e : 9/10 - Cell area is too cramped but everything else is near perfect.
    jb_blackout_v10hell : 3/10 - I like the map as a whole but some tweaks are needed. Race, for example, kills everyone and you can't watch.
    ba_ace_jail_v3b : 4/10 - Pretty good map. Loses points for auto-open cells. Really kills the server in terms of flow.
    jb_simple_b5_2 : 6/10 - Would be top tier if the map had more than one opening in the cell area. Good games but maybe a bit ugly.
    jb_halloween_fix : 4/10 - Needs the cell area to be connected to the rest of the map in more than one way.
    jb_new_summer_v2b : 5/10 - Basic games and way too T sided to be considered top tier.
    jb_last_encounter_fix : 3/10 - Too T sided to be very fun. Vents are hard to keep track of and the gun in cell doesn't help.
    jb_piranesi_beta_02a : 6/10 - Good map with some good games. Just needs some signs and a radar and it is close to being really good.
    jb_carceris_final_fixedh : 6/10 - A little too T sided for my liking but games are cool. The map is a little too big and cell area is too singular for gameplay.
    jb_mlcastle_v10_h6 : 9/10 - Great map imo. Cell area is attached to every part of the map. Looks great and loads of games to choose from. Grass areas and castle areas. Top tier.
    jb_lego_jail_pre_v6-2h : 7/10 - Too T sided for me. Really difficult to control the Ts. Claustrophobic cell area is the problem here.
    jb_italia_revamp_b5b : 6/10 - Takes too long to get to the games but very detailed map with lots to do.
    jb_b1_detention_center_final : 3/10 - Way too T sided. Deagle is too easy to get hold of.
    jb_vacant_v4h : 8/10 - Really good map. Looks amazing on the eyes and a few original games. So underrated as a map.
    jb_minecraft_daylight_v7e : 9/10 - Excellent. Although the map is big there are games all over and are easy to get to. Any way you go there is a new game to play. Good balance also.
    ba_105_jail_final : Not played this enough.
    jb_snowynights_v4 : 6/10 - Good size, although the cell area is a little cramped. Games are fine just needs to be more of them.
    jb_vanilla_v3 : Not played this enough.
    jb_mars_beta2 : 4/10 - Not enough games here but map is original and looks nice.
    jb_office_beta2-1c : Not played this enough.
    jb_mobile : Not played this enough.
    jb_sunshine_beta2 : 4/10 - Some decent games but too open to be a good map. Not enough spots to run off and rebel.
    jb_brikkenwood_v5 : 8/10 - Great balance. It seems like ppengu took inspiration from spy vs spy and I don't blame him. Very easy to navigate and fun to play on both teams.

I take jb maps very seriously :)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Repost Repost x 1
  5. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

jb_vipinthemix_v1_3 : 5

jb_avalanche : 8

jb_texture_jail_v7 : 6

ba_jail_sand_v3 : 8

ba_jail_canyondam_v6_fix : 5

jb_spy_vs_spy_beta7 : 5

jb_paper_alive_ultime_se : 7

jb_airship_b3_hell : 8 (creative theme)

jb_new_summer_v2b : 8

jb_last_encounter_fix : 3

jb_carceris_final_fixedh : 7

jb_mlcastle_v10_h6 : 6

jb_lego_jail_pre_v6-2h : 10

jb_italia_revamp_b5b : 9

jb_office_beta2-1c : 5

These are the maps i know by name, I've just typed my gut feeling number.

6. GreenThunder

GreenThunder Senior Member
    Donator

b_vipinthemix_v1_3 : 8.5 (good map just a bit to T sided.)
    ba_jail_lockdown_final : 8 (should be played more)
    ba_jail_lunar_mkIIf : 2.5 ( not enough games)
    jb_avalanche : 7
    jb_texture_jail_v7 : 7
    ba_jail_sand_v3 : 8
    ba_jail_lotus_final_fixed2 ( good map, has some good games, i also like the sewer under the ground)
    ba_jail_tile_paradice_v_2_sg : 7
    ba_jail_fg_wakka_b5 : 5
    ba_jail_canyondam_v6_fix :8
    ba_jail_fg_revolution_v1 : 4
    jb_hello_v3 : 5
    jb_umbrella_final_hell 9 ( should be played more)
    jb_spy_vs_spy_beta7 : 10
    jb_mc_raphi4life_v1 : 7
    ba_jail_mn_maximum_v5 : 8 ( should be played more)
    ba_jail_mn_blackops_snow9 3
    jb_hell_castle_bt5p 7.5 (really good map with many games, only to hard to get to armory as T)
    jb_coast_v1fix_hell : 5
    jb_paper_alive_ultime_se : 8
    b_island_prison_final 2
    jb_heat_3fixed : 7.5
    jb_paradise_prison_fix : 6
    jb_programer_v3h2 : 4
    ba_jailrp_scofield_v3_5 : 8 (many good games, should be played more)
    jb_forest_rooftop_beta8 : 6.5 ( i like the cell block, just not enough games)
    jb_airship_b3_hell : 6
    jb_friendship_v1_fixh3 : 8 ( good map, many games, only to hard to get into armory as T)
    jb_minecraft_z_v5e : 9
    jb_blackout_v10hell : 2
    ba_ace_jail_v3b : 6
    jb_simple_b5_2 : 6
    jb_halloween_fix : 3
    jb_new_summer_v2b : 9
    jb_last_encounter_fix : 5
    jb_piranesi_beta_02a : 5
    jb_carceris_final_fixedh : 8
    jb_mlcastle_v10_h6 : 9
    jb_lego_jail_pre_v6-2h : 9
    jb_italia_revamp_b5b : 8
    jb_b1_detention_center_final 4
    jb_vacant_v4h : 9 ( very good map should be played more)
    jb_minecraft_daylight_v7e : 7
    ba_105_jail_final 2
    jb_snowynights_v4 : 7
    jb_vanilla_v3 /
    jb_mars_beta2 : /
    jb_office_beta2-1c : /
    jb_mobile : /
    jb_sunshine_beta2 :/
    jb_brikkenwood_v5 : 9

7. GeorgeLAD

GeorgeLAD The Experienced
    Donator

jb_vipinthemix_v1_3 : 7.5 - Warm, decent all-rounder, like the home of JB.

ba_jail_lockdown_final : 6.5 - Decent games, open bright map, doors make it a pain for CTs, also rewarding secret.

ba_jail_lunar_mkIIf : 6 - Underrated imo, good games, hard to command for CTs through those corridors.

jb_avalanche : 8 - Classic map, harder to rebel on therefore guaranteed lots of games played (nice one @thorgot).

jb_texture_jail_v7 : 7 - Doesn't get the credit it deserves, quite a dull layout but has a fair few uncommon games.

ba_jail_sand_v3 : 9 - I'm v bias on this, a map that I've played for years, always enjoy playing it.

ba_jail_lotus_final_fixed2 : 5 - MOVING RACE GAME SIMULATOR. Rip OB.

ba_jail_tile_paradice_v_2_sg : 6.5 - Games are a tad bugged, underplayed map, ruski donk disco.

ba_jail_fg_wakka_b5 : 5 - Destined to break relationships with that mf team damage cannon.

ba_jail_canyondam_v6_fix : 8 - Another map I'm bias to, I really think it's an underrated map, original games and pretty looking.

ba_jail_fg_revolution_v1 : 4.5 - McDonalds, other than that, meh.

jb_hello_v3 : 7 -
    Helped test it, enjoy it every time I play it, don't see what the issue is apart from the cell doors. Easy to rebel if you know the secrets.

jb_umbrella_final_hell : 8 - VERY underrated, quality games, interesting nuke ending if activated, shame it takes ages to get through the corridors.

jb_spy_vs_spy_beta7 : 8.5 - Great map, fills the server, played it so much I'm almost fed up of it.

jb_mc_raphi4life_v1 : 5.5 - Good map, interesting HnS day.

ba_jail_mn_maximum_v5 : 8 - Underrated again, quality map, quality games if commanded well.

ba_jail_mn_blackops_snow9 : 3 - Old map but has never really entertained me, barely any games.

jb_hell_castle_bt5p : 7 - Has a lot of potential but tends to kill the server, quite a dark map perhaps why.

jb_coast_v1fix_hell : 3 - Really don't like this map, couldn't even name another game apart from the spike one.

jb_paper_alive_ultime_se : 7.5 - Don't get why this isn't played anymore, used to be no1 years ago, all round good map with a quality theme.

jb_island_prison_final : 2 - Instant RTV'd, awful vent placement, nice football arena though.

jb_heat_3fixed : 7 - Underrated, balanced, original games. PENIS DRAWING GAME.

jb_paradise_prison_fix : 9 - Very nice theme, fun secrets, CT sided, guaranteed lots of games to be played.

jb_programer_v3h2 : 5 - Definition of average.

ba_jailrp_scofield_v3_5 : 4.5 - Insanely hard to get out of cell area, but I really love boosting that gametracker score with the money. https://i.gyazo.com/96eaabd22cef888e94eac742e09b1da3.jpg

jb_forest_rooftop_beta8 : 2 - Spend the entire time jumping off the roof.

jb_airship_b3_hell : 7.5 - Better now that Myles fixed it, always enjoy playing.

jb_friendship_v1_fixh3 : 8 - Apart from the MLP theme I don't get what the hate is for, apart from the OP shotgun secret.

jb_minecraft_z_v5e : 10 - The GOAT.

jb_blackout_v10hell : 6.5 - Haven't played in years, classic map, great blackout football.

ba_ace_jail_v3b : 6 - Haven't played this map in years, never nominated, never chosen. Useless vent but interesting games.

jb_simple_b5_2 : 7 - Not played much of it but seems like a solid map.

jb_halloween_fix : 2 - Hahahahhahaha.

jb_new_summer_v2b : 8 - Always fun with how insanely T sided it is.

jb_last_encounter_fix : ? - Gonna annoy me but can't remember what it is, can't find online.

jb_piranesi_beta_02a : 7.5 - I think @Wazblaz did a great job of his first map, also listened to us and updated consistently.

jb_carceris_final_fixedh : 7 - Well balanced but hard for CTs on a full server and non strict thappy rules.

jb_mlcastle_v10_h6 : 10 - My all time fav, can't fault it imo.

jb_lego_jail_pre_v6-2h : 2 - Can't stand it, boring map, shite layout, terrible games, half decent ones are never utilised. Never understood why it's so popular.

jb_italia_revamp_b5b : 6.5 - Classic map, swear this is only ever played early hours of the morning?

jb_b1_detention_center_final : 5 - Not played enough to give it a proper rating, has potential.

jb_vacant_v4h : 6 - Worth it for the shotgun moonjump and hole in the wall games.

jb_minecraft_daylight_v7e : 4 - I actually don't like this map, way too open and I feel as though a lot of the games don't get played.

ba_105_jail_final : 4 - Chinese map, another map not played enough to give a true rating.

jb_snowynights_v4 : 8 - Bring back the teamkilling chairs and I'll make this a 10, love it. @Steezus

jb_vanilla_v3 : 7.5 - I think Moofinz did a good job of this, very big map with lot's of games to play.

jb_mars_beta2 : 1 - What's the point.

jb_office_beta2-1c : 7 - Quality all-rounder, great disco laser game.

jb_mobile : ? - What is this?

jb_sunshine_beta2 : 8 - Last underrated map, honestly it's a lot of fun and has a variety of original games.

jb_brikkenwood_v5 : 8.5 - Perfectly balanced, good array of games, solid map.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Spike

Spike Member
    Donator

@Suicide Idm creating a google form with images of each map that ppl can fill out. Might be easier than updating your post each time someone adds their response
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 23, 2020, Original Post Date: Jul 23, 2020 ---
    Heres an example

[Edited out test form link]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

@Spike would be very nice yes! If you could do that I can put the link in the original post. Thanks for the effort man!

Maybe I will keep the grades on here updated. It is easier for a quick look imo.

10. WildFire

WildFire Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

11. Spike

Spike Member
    Donator

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Waleed

Waleed Senior Member
    Donator

very helpful spike thanks a lot i managed to rate all the 51 maps i was unsure of the name but the photos helped me a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Spike

Spike Member
    Donator

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Doctor CPU

Doctor CPU Senior Member
    Donator

15. Spike

Spike Member
    Donator

Doesn't matter, there are a few helpful comments in there. I'm planning to compile the helpful ones either later today or tomorrow.

16. The Secret

The Secret Member

The only 10/10 is his own map.. hmm haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Awesom-o

Awesom-o Senior Member
    Donator

I wrote the "shit" comments about VIP.. Apart from it being a T-friendly, rebelling map, WHY?! is this map so popular?? The games are terrible (football is ok apart from lack of reset button) but, the rest are terrible. I want 1 logical answer please

Edit: I'd like to add summer with the exact same question.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  18. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

Because its not all about the games. Its about the layout of the map.
    The balance between T and CT. How easy it is to rebel.
    VIP and Summer seem to strike a perfect balance of this as far as the player base is concerned.

also, VIP is so familiar to so many people that when they think of JB, they think VIP.
    Nostalgia is one hell of a drug.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Spike

Spike Member
    Donator

People love rebelling, I think its just as simple as that. Because the maps are so easy to rebel on I think it helps them massively as being bad maps doesn't matter when the only thing you're doing is trying to kill CTs.

The bad parts of the map are rarely played so it doesn't matter, but it comes clearly apparent when they are played how bad they are.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 24, 2020, Original Post Date: Jul 24, 2020 ---
    Summer is not balanced though haha, vip is more so but its still a tad on the T side

20. Waleed

Waleed Senior Member
    Donator

Spy4Spy not Steezu's map what r u talking about?