1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thappy

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by Ara Ara, Jul 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

A warning.

Singular warning.

Warnings are mean't to be given to t's not following orders. however if the commander says, leave the medic to DIE or for example jump to DIE, why is it that it must be repeated constantly and even so people still whine about thappyness?

Playing across a multitude of servers most don't allow warning shots, because in itself they are thappy, because ct's should have a mic and ct's should give verbal warnings, so why is it that when very simple commands are issued that people still test them and complain. Sorry for the rude comment here but if you are seriously that dumb to not hear or not bother to listen to commands why should ct's have to go out of their way to care for you, need I remind everyone its the wardens job to bring the t's to a game how they see fit, and the ct's job to make sure they follow those orders, but why is it that excuses like you have to give warning shots or, its first round or the score is 4-1 to the cts being used as a way to punish those who are following what the warden says.

For example a perfect stack is of course all of them perfectly stacking in a location, why is that when people are bhopping around and are running around the stack that they complain about being killed or even sometimes cry oh i was outside the stack it was a freeshot give me medic? I've been playing for quite awhile now and I still see this, so can someone or can people explain to me why these rules are "made up" and enforced.

It seems to be one of those mystical rules that arn't stated anywhere but anyone who plays on hell just says them to fit there need, like the afk freeze command which btw, anyone who hasn't known this, is a perfectly valid command that is NOWHERE STATED that it cannot be used.

Give me your thoughts and I'd like to see the regular players thoughts about this. not just the admins.

• Repost Repost x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Waleed

Waleed Senior Member
    Donator

4. CTs should give warnings before killing people, except if it’s a rebelling or an escaping T.

In my opinion since only what's above is written nothing else is included then you should give warning shot all the time. But of course it depends on situations like if there is 3 4 ts rebelling and the remaining T's not listing well or delaying then you can kill as long as you'r commands are clear AND if there is guns in stuck and the T's have been told not to be by the entrance of "medic" "bar" etc. If it's maps like lego, summer etc then in my opinion warden should be a bit T happy because those maps are difficult to control. And detours and delays is implied so you could just kill because why would you whine about not getting a warning shot when you chose to delay, not listen "Leaving medic when warden said not to" in purpose?. But if the round just started no rebelers ct's have control why not give chances to players.

Edit.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  3. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

I cant even read what you said without getting a headache. so your telling me verbal commands are invalid? that I should always shoot the t's or t not following orders just because?

I don't care about detour or delay commands you're getting it wrong, what I'm asking is why are people ignoring verbal commands. everyone now seems to just do what they want and go where they want because "oh I have to be warning shot" no, not a single rule states that, you've been told many a times to be in a certain area. why are you moving there etc.

The amount who do this is just unreal.. for example the other day cts were letting t's walk around because, oh they are nice they wont rebel?? just some of the stuff that goes on is yikes. even from regulars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Waleed

Waleed Senior Member
    Donator

Did you read the part where i said "But of course it depends on "SITUATIONS" like if there is 3 4 ts rebelling and the remaining T's not listing well or delaying then you can kill as long as you'r commands are clear AND if there is guns in stuck and the T's have been told not to be by the entrance of "medic" "bar" etc. If it's maps like lego, summer etc then in my opinion warden should be a bit T happy because those maps are difficult to control." "But if the round just started no rebelers ct's have control why not give chances to players."
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 2, 2020, Original Post Date: Jul 2, 2020 ---
    If there is no guns in the stuck ct's got control why would you kill for leaving medic etc without a warning shots?

5. Japi

Japi Member
    Donator

IMO, there should be a reworking of the rules. In current form the rule reads,

4. CTs should give warnings before killing people, except if it’s a rebelling or an escaping T.

Now, to me, this does not read as a requirement, but instead as a suggestion. The should basically says you have a choice but it isn’t required and I think if we continue with this rule, we have to accept extremely Thappy commanders. They are just doing what’s right and are not in breach of any rules. As well as that, I know when I command if I say, “one step out of your cell face the back of your cell and freeze” 3-6 times, I expect you to do it and it shouldn’t take the continue warning of a shot. It’s a courtesy to keep the player in the game as along as possible while to being too passive. In other words, the command should be seen as the warning.

if we want to change it I think we should change the word from should to must if you require warning shots. This makes it clear, CTs, there is no question you have to do this, you have to give some warning whether it be warning shot or verbal.

Also, in someways a thappy commander makes the game fun, It’s harder for T’s to rebel and it keeps the cts in their toes.

thoughts?

6. Waleed

Waleed Senior Member
    Donator

so lets say they made it "cts must give warning shots instead of should" and there is a gun in the stuck and the warden says don't be by the entrance of bar medic etc he must give warning shots?
    that would be very difficult to control if thats happens.
    my point above was it depends on situations like i mentioned them in what i said. But you guys didn't get my point.

7. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

I think you lost sunsets point. There is no rule that says you must give warningshots. A warning can be verbal or physical like a warning shot.
    People get confused as there is a difference between what the Server rule is and what an admin says ingame. If Kenny comes online and says "give warning shot", then his decision is final and it stays. But there is no server rule that says "You must give warning SHOTS". You even quoted the rule your self. Read it.

Sunsets point is that a VERBAL warning has equal weight as a WARNING SHOT. The rule states that CTs should give warnings before killing people. E.g. A verbal warning is a warning. So if you don't comply with a VERBAL warning then you die. Its that simple.
    I agree about what you say Sun and It is an issue on the server. Players demand that you give them a warning shot as a warning even tho you tell them, ON MIC, PLENTY OF TIMES. A warning on the mic, a warning as a shot or a warning as a nade up their ass is all the same. It's all a warning. You either comply or not.
    But with everything in life, its important to have context of the situation. I understand were Sun is coming from as the incident that happened on JB yesterday.

Then let me ask you. How many times have you seen a T that goes slightly beyond the place they are meant to be and manages to kill a CT or get secret and ruin the whole round? I'm pretty sure you have seen many rounds gone to hell, pun intended. It is all about maintaining the round. There is also the possibility that the warden wants to end the round fast as there are players waiting because of a slow connection or map download.
    Even if you change the rule from "should" to "must". The issue at hand is that people don't take verbal warnings seriously enough. So even if you change to "must" give warning. Why don't players take a verbal warning seriously? This is the issue Sunset is trying to bring up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Waleed

Waleed Senior Member
    Donator

I couldn't agree more.
    But like i said above "it depends on situations" if they are trying to get close to a secret, weapons etc then no question should be killed of course for the ct's they should becareful of T's sneaking close to them as well as they can kill if they are leaving stacks, games etc.
    True but you also don't want the rounds to be boring by killing a T for not crouching or for leaving the medic for 1 or 2 seconds. But again like i said it depends on situations maps etc if there is no weapons vents secrets and cts have control then no need for the headshots.

9. wik50

wik50 Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

The thing is that should give warnings are not even followed by some ct's on the server. I have seen a T move just 1 cm and get killed for it which is a thappy move by the ct. Verbal and physical are equal. However it all comes down to map, atmosphere on server, warden/ct's. Lots of things are calculated into it all. I have even seen ct not caring for warnings at all and yes those are even regs sometimes.

So when i warn a ct for thappyness i say "ct give warnings" not only warningshots. @Boy even said in a thread that many ct's just kills without giving warnings. Also have seen ct's say the score is uneven due to their thappyness which is not about the game.

So i don't think there needs a change to "must". Just use the wardening and fellow ct's smart and control depending on the factors and map. Many new players leave when they die due to not even told why they die or a thappy ct.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. WildFire

WildFire Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Waleed is correct it is about the factors stated in my guide. If people are rebelling a lot, then it is fine to be trigger happy/give just only verbal warnings. If people are chill and step forward and you instantly kill them, then that's not cool and you're ruining the atmosphere. Therefore admins have at their discretion the ability to help promote a good atmosphere.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

@Sunnsetz yesterday, the map had just changed to that minecraft one. It was the first round. I had done nothing wrong previously. but you one shott me in the head for peaking out of bar. We had been in bar for about 2 minutes at that point and the round was very boring.

You claim giving verbal warnings are fine, but i didn't receive one.

@WildFire Would you be able to clarify the verbal warning guidance you just gave? Is a CT allowed to verbally warn the entire T team not to do something (basically just repeating the order) then start one deaging anyone who doesent listed after that first verbal warning?
    Or are the verbal warnings meant to be for individuals just like warning shots are.

"CTs should give warnings before killing people, except if it’s a rebelling or an escaping T"

I dont like the way thats written at all. it would be my understanding that if a warden said "stack at the back door dont jump" and i was stacked at the back door, if i jump, i am then rebelling, so i can be one shot in the head?

When should CTs be shooting T's at all before they have rebelled?

12. WildFire

WildFire Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Yes, the commander may repeat, I'd say 3 times is enough e.g. "If I see you from the entrance you can be killed." Main reason being, on Minecraft their is a gun and people peak with a gun and easily can kill CTs. So to maintain control you can be trigger happy and call them out one by one, unless they say they will give the gun. If someone says 'No jumping' once and kills someone who jumps, then I would warn them to repeat because often, people may not hear or have mic-delay. The more warnings the less they can say they didn't hear the commands.

Rebelling in is a general term for a person not following commands, I like to use the term active rebel to define people who are actually trying to rebel. e.g. Try get a gun, try knife a vent, try bhop away or onto the wooden part of cell area on Minecraft. I use passive to define people who may not hear commands e.g. Isn't crouching when commands are one step out crouch and face your cell. If they come out standing up but still facing their cell, they're not trying to rebel but may of misheard. If the commander says 'no jumping' and you're stacked at the back door of Minecraft and you are just jumping there, how can you rebel from there? You shouldn't be killed for that, it's way too trigger happy because you have no realistic prospect to cause harm.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Lino

Lino Veteran Member
    Donator

I think it's more in moments like this, where you aren't being thappy, but people like to play it like you are:

I had to spend the next minute after this defending the kill, and it's just tedious and ruins your mood by making you think maybe your judgement is incorrect.

14. Waleed

Waleed Senior Member
    Donator

Am not really sure if picking a weapon is auto rebel or not but what i do is if the weapon is a bit far from that T and he wants to go for it then i kill straight away. But what conner did here i wouldn't actually kill him for it but yeah like i said am not sure if picking up a weapon that close to you is auto rebel or not.

15. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

Jan gets the idea here. What I'm trying to make clear to players is that verbal warnings are the same as warning shots, if I need to keep repeating myself then say head shots are gonna start being handed out and STILL people complain about it why is it the ct's fault. when the rule clearly states that warnings have been given. I find it frustrating aswell when admins even complain that oh the score is this and oh you have good ct's, no. If there is a gun involved, if people are rebelling, if ct's are dying, no matter what if you are warned VERBALLY that is enough warning.

I made the thread so people can realize this and stop complaining when they die. sure sometimes its "boring" but I can get nearly 20 t's on a full server to ice race walking past armory and a secret. that is the definition of a good warden, getting as many players as he can to games for them to enjoy and play, whether it be one game, two or even just the couch game.

However the command jump to DIE or leave the stack to DIE or any command that uses die in it seems to not carry enough weight, I agree it shouldn't be used as when ct's hear it they know have a reason to kill anyone that jumps etc but it would also seem the terrorists don't see the weight of the command and still like to limit test how much they can get away with, then when they die complain to the warden and whine for them to slay. this is why I made this thread, so people can realize what a command means

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Skip

Skip Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

The point you make is very valid and holds a good argument. However, the idea of a warning shot is to give the person the actual realisation that they are not following commands and are in imminent danger of dying. A lot of commanders throw around willy nilly comments such as "jump to die" and don't really enforce it. The issue with players assuming that the verbal warnings are basically they're only chance is pretty harsh IMO. Furthermore, it reduces the ability of t's to rebel as a verbal warning technically means someone can be headshotted for moving an inch, which would ultimately reduce enjoyment for terrorists. I don't really see the issue of using a verbal warning and then a warning shot to reiterate the Wardens commands unless a situation is obviously out of hand/control, which is the only place I really see your argument making sense.

In sum, I feel that using warning shots is vital to allow an entertaining game for both sides and keep the chill out and relaxed side to what makes Hell Jb an enjoyable place to play. Other servers as you mention do not use this sort of playstyle, but that's what makes us unique and enjoyable to the people who play our servers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Hiddenpro64

Hiddenpro64 Member

Hello lads,

Personally I believe that 'Thappiness' is a real threat which effects players, content creators and Hell clan members who which all worked tirelessly to create a community where both you and I can enjoy and savior countless memories, nevertheless, the basic principles i visualize when faced with Thappiness comments and actions are as following;
    -Thappiness is when a ct comes out in a strict manner with the intention to obliterate ts for the most preposterous reasons known to mankind itself, one key e.g is when a warden says one-step out freeze and face your cells, now, if an individual ,were to say, move a visible step to the left and a ct disintegrates him on the spot, that would be classified as being a thappy ct. In order to combat this, either warning shoot him in the leg or give him a verbal warning, this little 'chill' makes the server more better and playable for all users.
    -Thappiness is often and should be referred to the rounds of a map,what i mean by this is that ,if we were to say, it was 10:0 to the ts, thappiness can be justified a little more, am i saying the more rounds the ts have over the cts, the more the cts can be more strict and thappy?, HELL NO!, im just saying thappiness can become just a little more bearable and justified if a ct were to kill a t
    - All in all, i completely agree with Waleed, it matters about the situation, the point of a game is to give a joyful and happy sensation, thappiness completely obstructs this view.The Hell clan rules are truly amazing, they are good rules, for example,ts are auto rebel if they go through vent/secret,un-holster a gun etc. which MEANS you can kill them , if you are sure they dont have a gun its up to you, but personally please dont kill them unless they have the intention of killing you, always remember, cts 80 percent of the time are more in control of the situation so dont murder ts if you are positive that they cannot kill you.

Thats all im tryna say, i just wanna enjoy my life in peace on a jb server, rather than taking that joy from others.

18. Ge0➆

Ge0➆ Member
    Donator

Verbal warning isnt enough for a warning,not at all.For me and from my experience on Hell's Jb its way more productive to shoot the T on his leg(aka warning shot him) to 'wake him up' and make him follow the commands.Lets say you said the commands 2-3-10 times a T might talking on steam for a few seconds,watching his phone or drinking some water,repeating the commands wont help,but by warning shot him you will make him watch on the screen and pay attention back to the game.

Why you want to prove that much that verbal warning is the same as warning shot?Its not like it will delay the round if u give a warning shot before kill a T.You can warning shot the T who isnt following commands on leg,count until 3 and if he still doesnt obey headshot him and you will still increase your score since thats what a lot of CTs want.Is it so hard to do that?Or you just created this thread to justify yourself for being thappy?

I remember once i was in a stack of Ts.Went away for 5-10 seconds and when i came back the stack moved on and there was a CT coming at me.From self defence i instantly grab my mouse and knife that CT,without being able to kill him.Then i notice that the CT didnt want to kill me since he saw i came back,so i moved a bit away from him and also crouched to show him that i dont want to try anything.So we "made peace" with the CT and you were there watching the whole incident.After i showed using my flashlight that im going to catch up the other Ts.Some steps before i get into the new stack you started shooting me and killed me.Ofc that wasnt a freekill,but it was something more that a dick move.
    This is how you want the server to be?Do you think that creates good atmosphere?

This is what i've heared multiple times and never understood it.There is a reason we all here prefer HeLL Jb server than other Jb servers.

No they are not dumb.Some new players arent familiar with the Jb role-play and they need to proccess twice or maybe more the commands.Its unfair to instead of help them,punish them for every small mistake they might do.

Did they got killed from the Ts?If yes you could say on admin chat that some CTs are baiting.But if not,whats the harm that triggers you that much?Have you never as a CT went close to a T that happens to be ur friend and you are sure that he wont kill you?At the end of the day we just want to have fun on the server as long as that doesnt ruin the fun for others.We are not real prisoners and for sure you are not a real guard.So relax and find a balance between fun atmosphere and strictly following the rules.

To the point.The puprose of the warning is to make the T understand what mistake he did so he can quickly fix it.Repeating the commands might help sometimes but not as much as a warningshot.For me thats a fact.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

But you always play on t?

you're just defending the way it is because you don't wanna have to listen to commands constantly lmao

20. Skip

Skip Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

I think finding t's on ct is an enjoyable part of the gameplay and this verbal warning reduces the amount of rebellers, thus reducing enjoyment for both sides.
    who is this in reply to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.