1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strafe Guntoss

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by maj_ly_mad, Jun 19, 2020.

?

Should Strafe Guntoss be considered custom LR rules that cts can decline?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. maj_ly_mad

maj_ly_mad Senior Member
    Donator

I know what was said in the shout box but I was wanting to know the communities thoughts on the matter. One question.

Should in your opinion Strafe Guntoss be considered custom rules?

Don't hate.

2. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

3. maj_ly_mad

maj_ly_mad Senior Member
    Donator

I have, I'm just trying to find out how the community feels about it. It's all well and good bringing up threads from a few years ago but things can change

4. Waleed

Waleed Senior Member
    Donator

its custom lr just leave it like this if ur good at it that doesnt mean others are.

5. Ollie

Ollie Veteran Member
    Donator

Custom LR is considered something that differs massively from the name of the LR, for example, 'Knife toss' doesn't involve what the LR name says, it's not a gun toss. Strafing isn't enough to make it custom LR as strafing is just a type of movement, it's not much different from a normal jump.

That's my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

The game is 14 years old, Strafing is the FUNDAMENTALS of movement in every single counter strike game and I can explain why you always lose to guntoss on ct.

You could say its placebo and that its just when you're ct you always imagine yourself losing but its really not, the ct player model throws the gun closer from the player than the t player model, you can demonstrate this in game if you both stack in a corner and throw any gun, the t's gun will always go farther. combine this with the fact you're throwing the gun mid air and the gun will fly forward, I'm not the only one to speak up on this but this is why guntoss is chosen 90% of the time as a LR because you will consistently throw farther than the ct's even slide farther and bounce farther than most. Strafing has next to nothing to be done with this, the 60 or so movement speed you can obtain from pre-strafing is just something t's say to give the cts a chance at winning the lr.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1