1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Gaming PC

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by Itchy, May 7, 2020.

1. Itchy

Itchy Member

Hello, I've been into PC's for longer than I can remember talking, I've always been on a shitty PC playing CSS which was the only game I could run without dropping below 20fps.
    I didn't have much money back then to pump into a gaming PC so when I eventually did have the money I literally watched Youtube videos about every single PC component you can think of to see which ones I wanted. I think I made the right decision when I say I went with AMD over Intel, imagine that. :D I grew up with Intel dominating the processors market but luckily for me AMD came with Ryzen before I started the build. I must say I'm very happy with the performances my PC puts in.

I spent about €1300-€1400 for everything including 144hz monitor (€200), Corsair K55 keyboard and a Logitech G502 mouse.
    Graphics card isn't 2GB, idk why it says that, it's a MSI GeForce GTX 1660 TI GAMING X 6G

If you have any additions to which I can improve this build, please elaborate :blush:

BTW: I'm in awe with how fast an SSD actually can be..:eek:

Specs:
    [​IMG]

2. DearlyDie

DearlyDie Member
    Donator

If you can spend a little more, I'd get the 3700x and 2070 super.

Better to get a cheaper SSD for now (250 gb and maybe 1 TD HDD) and better hardware.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Itchy

Itchy Member

I'm going to upgrade the graphics card soon to an RTX card, not sure which one yet but I'll take a look at the 2070 Super.
    The SSD however I'm very happy with, a 250gb SSD and 1TB HD combined will cost about the same as 1TB SSD.
    The CPU should be fine for now I think, don't think the 3700x is gonna give me that much better performance, have the 3600x overclocked to 4.2ghz anyway.

4. DearlyDie

DearlyDie Member
    Donator

Depends really on your patience, I'd rather wait a month extra and afford a better GPU and CPU.

Alternatively, if you're prepared to wait, it's not worth upgrading to a RTX card, and instead, waiting for the Ampere series and/or maybe the 4000 series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Itchy

Itchy Member

I agree, heard something about the Ampere series but haven't looked it up yet. Might be the one to go for.

6. Skip

Skip Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

This is pretty similar to the build I’m looking to do. It’s a very good mid tier build and the motherboard you’ve gone for is slightly pricey for what you need, but atleast it’s not needing a bios update like the shitty boards amd recommend for the cpu.

I think the combination of gpu and cpu fit fine and I don’t really see the point of upgrading graphics as it’ll easily run at max settings on most games.

The magic of ssd’ is lovely, you’re better to go for a bigger one to keep it clean in the case rather than buying another later on. Amd is smashing intel atm which is quite a good thing imo.

In conclusion, I’m jealous as it’s basically the computer I’ve been wanting to build for the last month!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Itchy

Itchy Member

I think you should go for it, it's been doing wonders for me, even modded the hell out of GTA V and made it as realistic as possible and still hitting high FPS. The only reason for the motherboard was I didn't want to mess around with the BIOS update so I thought I might as well get one that doesn't need to be updated :nerd:
    Highly recommend this build to anyone that wants to do a build around €1000

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

Bro. Your pc is solid. You don't need to upgrade. If you want to play more heavy AAA games with high graphics, then yeah. You need a better GPU, but CPU and other things are really good. If you need more space, go for an HDD which is cheaper. You really only need SSD to load windows, heavy programs and games you play often. everything else you put on the good old HDD.
    My pc build: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/kHNj8Y

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Itchy

Itchy Member

Goddamn, that RTX cost more than the rest of the build combined. :speechless: I think you should go for a 3600x as well, it would complete that monster of a build.

I'm actually pretty happy with how my first PC build turned out, think I'm gonna stick with it for a while.
    Ps: Was actually wondering when you would see the thread and give me the approval of a good build, now I can rest easy. Cheers :giggle::clap:

10. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

Lol i bought that card for 500cad. Idk why it says 1500 xd hahaha