1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/msay (I think(

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by Lino, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Lino

Lino Veteran Member
    Donator

@Nomy @WildFire @JayJay
    There's a command @Monkeh keeps using to display the rules to the left of the screen, it's very annoying and it's done randomly in the round, it's gotten me killed in the past as it stops me switching weapon and others have complained about it too, can it be restricted? Admin chat is fine enough for reminding players to check the rules, and far less intrusive, he has also used it in the past to frustrate me by using it immediately after I ask him not to.

2. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Lino

Lino Veteran Member
    Donator

Sunset you were literally complaining about it too on lego xD

4. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

You can bind a button to a command that makes you switch to your last weapon used. Also mwheel up for me is scrolling through all my weapons directy. So gun switching shouldnt be a problem;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  5. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

I've never been a fan of this. We have a command for players to read rules. No need to flash them on screen constantly when most players are regular

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

Having a bind that forces you to press 0 on your keyboard either forcing you to stop moving to use your left hand or to stop looking around and use your right hand to press 0 should not be spammed or even used as it forces players to stop playing with the game and forces them to dismiss it and or read through the entire message, I don't mind this if it was a Freeday or if everyone was inside dodge ball or if all t's are inside a game but when its being used at the start of rounds or during Wardays it makes it impossible for people like me and lino I'm presuming to use our number keys to switch guns. I presume the MOTD of the server opens once you join as I have it disabled so telling people to type !rules or !motd is MORE than enough. at one stage @Look at this dude was rebelling on spy and the message was shown so he literally COULD NOT switch guns in the middle of him rebelling causing him to die. Its fancy and what not and forces people who don't know the rules to look at it ( which I guess is a good argument point ) to keep using it but stopping people from switching guns in important rounds or when cts are chasing through vents or when a round is being progressed, there is no reason it should be used to disrupt players in game causing them to die mess up or anything of the sorts.

That's my opinion on it.
    The meme was for ez ratings

• Like Like x 1
  7. GeorgeLAD

GeorgeLAD The Experienced
    Donator

Rarely anyone uses /msay, think I've only ever seen Dildo use it and when he did most people would complain.

Perhaps it could be removed as a command :nod:

• Like Like x 1
  8. << Bandit >>

<< Bandit >> Junior Member
    Donator

Removing it as a command is not needed in my opinion.
    Admins just need to avoid over-use of this command and need to time it better so it doesn't screw over people who need to switch guns.