1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football server updates

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by JayJay, Apr 4, 2020.

1. JayJay

JayJay Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Posting on behalf of @Zub..

Hello

i apologize for the disturbance but i hope you guys will be kind enough to hear me out :)

I am hoping to reach the admins who is managing one of your football servers in CSS. (178.32.53.216:27033)

I've been playing on your football server for many years and besides that I've been a part of the CSS KA soccer-mod community and leagues for over a decade (https://steamcommunity.com/groups/XSL-P)
    Our late staff member Marco Boorgers developed the older version of soccer mod which i believe you're using on your server

Sadly nearly all the EU leagues and tournaments have more or less died out now a days, with the exception of a small part of the old community which is still participating in the RSL (Russian soccer league) and otherwise still regularly playing on your public server.

Your server is truly one of the pillars which has kept the old soccer-mod amazingly still alive after all these years and we all love you for that but the thing is - there's a few problems with the server (in my opinion) which could be rather easily fixed, so i have some suggestions:

The main issue has for a long time been the continues toxicity and lack of active admins playing on it to help keep order and the fun times going. It happens too often that some people are ruining the experience for the regular members playing on it with insulting, spamming the mic with loud music or with racism. We always try to votemute/kick and so on but more often than not, good people just end up giving up and leaving the server.

The other big thing is that the server is missing some key features such as server interp settings which allows the players to get 0 lerp (no delay on hitting the ball) atm our members are eagerly trying to help new players joining the server with help changing their settings such as cl_interp, updaterate and so on in order for them to get a more smooth and fun experience in hopes they'll linger and come to love the mod as we do!

Another thing would be to have some more information on how the game is usually being played (1 goal keeper - 2 defenders - 1 midfield - 2 wingers.) Many of the other popular public soccer servers over the years use to lock each team to 6 players in order to help achieve this and display information on each position or info on how to get started in help menus. (we have a video tutorial as well if you want to use it (
    ) it's a bit old but it remains absolutely valid to this day since the mechanics haven't changed

We also still have a few active people who keeps developing and making new features to the soccer-mod itself and we have way more updated versions available (https://github.com/MK99MA/soccermod-2019edit) should you be interested

I've been told that members from our old league and community in the past have tried to reach out to you guys a number of times before without luck, i don't know if this is true but either way i decided to give it a try myself :)

Thanks a lot if you took the time to read my wall of text, i will keep my fingers crossed and i hope you will be willing to talk further!

i'd like to add that the newer soccermod version has 90% focused on match features though Forlix plugins might be better suited for the public server experience

Subi..

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

I used to play on the Soccer server like years back before I started playing on the JB server. I made so many friends back than I still do now on the JB and MG server.

I will try to get more on it to have fun and keep an eye on the rule breakers. I hope I can make new friends like I did back in the days. Also I like the new ideas if they could be added on the Football server.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Zub..

Zub.. Newbie

Thanks for posting my message JayJay :) i hope we can figure something out

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Hello Zub,

Thanks for the nice comments and suggestions.

This is indeed a problem on our football server, we definitely need more admins to enforce server rules on this server.

We cannot force clients through the server apart from setting a minimum and a maximum for rates and interp ratio. Unfortunately interp cant be done via server. I had made interp ratio 0 max and min so this should force the clients to have interp_ratio to 0.

I have looked at that soccer mod plugin and I think its better suited to match servers than a public one. It would be as if running warmod on a pub. We currently use Forlix.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Zub..

Zub.. Newbie

Thanks a ton for the response.

The interp ratio setting is a very welcomed change! :)
    some people like to user lower rating as well like 25000.

Would it be possible to get help menu pop up when people join the server? showing some useful tips such as to enter the cl_interp 0 command in console to achieve 0 lerp and some positioning tips or perhaps a link to Doms tutorial video if you want to use that.

Oh and i'd like to ask if it possible for "outsiders" like myself to apply to help admin the server and keep order?

• Like Like x 1
  6. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

It is possible yes, we have a thread about it. For more info about it click here: https://hellclan.co.uk/threads/2162/.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zub..

Zub.. Newbie

@kenny7 aah i see, thank you. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but so the only way to become an admin is to pay for it? I'm not gonna lie, I'm not interested in paying a subscription :) especially because my fiancé and i are in the middle of moving apartments + we got a kid on the way so we have to save money where we can.

With the lack of active admins playing regularly on the server i'd like to suggest appointing a few active people (free of charge) to help keep order on the server, with the requirement of course being that these players sole purpose wouldn't be personal gain but to help the server becoming more attractive to newer players and help the soccer community survive.

There's actually quite a few very active people on the server, some of them way more active than me as well :)
    I'd love to help you point out some of the most decent, mature and active people playing on the server if you guys like the idea.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Please do, it will be interesting and maybe something can be done.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Zub..

Zub.. Newbie

So I've made a list and i understand that it is unlikely that you will promote all of them if even any, but it is my personal hope that you guys decide to promote at least 2 new "HeLL football regular players" to become admins as the server really needs activity in the admin department :)

I've had a chat with everyone on this list and asked them some basic questions like name/age/country and about their experience in keeping order/being admin/server management and posted their answers below.

They've all got ton of experience in the soccer community, some of them even played since they were very young. They're all down to earth people who i would recommend as admins and they've all agreed to help keep order and lending a hand to the new players learning the game if they are chosen to help out as admins.

Nickname: Huntyz
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/-huntyz-/
    A very active player and a HeLL Regular. Been a dedicated and respected member of the public and competitive soccer community since 2006. He has owned and helped manage multiple servers, clans and leagues over the years, he is about as experienced as they come.

Nickname: Arturo / Kurisu
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/MK99-MegumiAkagami/
    +14 years in the soccer community. He is the one who has made a lot of the maps, features and improvements to the soccermod Marco Boogers created and he has owned and managed his own soccer public and clan servers in his time. He has also been admin on the Knifekickers public soccer server in the past if you know that one.

Nickname: Schmeichel / Rio
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982029741/
    Active player and HeLL Regular. +12 years in the soccer community. Former Forlix public server admin and a clanleader for several years + a staff member/referee in one of the former EU leagues.

Nickname: Fragz
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/FGZAIR/
    Active player and HeLL Regular. +9 Years in KA and most of it playing on public soccer servers.

Nickname: Kaka / Ben
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/BigBenjano/
    A very active player and a HeLL Regular (top 1 on the Hell rankings atm). +14 years in the community. He has also managed servers and been staff in several leagues + lead a league in the later years. besides that he has been a clan leader and an active public player in all his time playing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1