1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calladmin feature

Discussion in 'Feedbacks & Suggestions' started by Jan, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

What is !calladmin?
    Call Admin allow players on your server to call for an admin to report cheaters/hackers/rule breakers.

I want to hear what the community thinks about the !calladmin feature. I like to point out that !calladmin feature was suggested a long time ago: https://hellclan.co.uk/threads/28687/ & https://hellclan.co.uk/threads/32457/

Previous obstacle and resolution:
    1. How will admins be notified?

My answer:
    1. Admins would be notified through hellclan discord. This is fast and easily responsive for the Hell Team members, as they will be notified through a text channel in discord. I don't know the specifics, but I have researched and it is possible to connect discord with a bot to sync the !calladmin feature in-game.
      Let's say a player wants someone punished, votesystem isn't in favour of banning the hacker.
      Through forums: The player goes to hellclan.co.uk and spams shoutbox. It would take time if admins are not overlooking the shoutbox area.
      Through calladmin with discord: Player would use the !calladmin feature. It will record the sender and receiver players info, and reason. This will be delivered in discord chat available for hell team members, they will be tagged or alerted with details about the incident. Thereby having an idea about what the situation is about.
      Through steam friends: Either the player has an admin on steam or players in-game has one. They ask a specific admin for help. This is quick if the admin is available. If not, the players need to ask multiple admins.
    2. New players or players who do not participate in the community wouldn't add HeLL Team members.
      A reply from Nic about Myles comment:
    3. Reply for Nomys comment. I can agree that the command would be abused, and for that, I only have the resolution of cooldown for the command. There are other ways people have to see if there is an admin on, like !votekick. If it is disabled then admins are on. A known trick for many players!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. The Secret

The Secret Member

i do agree with Jan, sometimes it is better for the sake of the server to have a feature like that. and it would be better if it could be used only trusted players. (enough playtime on server or confirmed by community)

• Like Like x 1
  3. ReVoLuTioN

ReVoLuTioN Member

Well players use !votectban to see if there are any admins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

I almost forgot that. thanks. added to my main post

5. Mrzippy

Mrzippy Member

I can see this being abused and being over used for small things that can be dealt with on the server by votectban/kick/ban or on forums, yes it would be a good idea to have a call command for admins but just not sure it will be used right..

Maybe if you could only use it for the players that are signed up for forums and give warnings for those who abuse it, it may work that way

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1