1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MG_Gumobstacle

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by WildFire, Feb 9, 2020.

?

Should Mg_Gumobstacle be hidden from nomination list?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    49.0%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    51.0%
  1. WildFire

WildFire Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Due to increasing complaints of the map, we're open to making this map hidden from nomination list, so that only an admin can put the map on. This could be for events, or appropriately spaced out playing of the map. Please vote in the poll and share your opinions.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sebastian

Sebastian Junior Member

Can I make more accounts to ensure this degenerative map is voted off?

3. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

Make it like the serpentis event-map please, playing 4 hours straight on a course ain't fun...

4. inba

inba Newbie

Only noobs want this taken off ಠ_ಠ ¯\_ツ_/¯

5. RSWReece

RSWReece Member
    Donator

I'm actually vehemently against the idea of removing this map and making it event only, for a few reasons:
    1. It's new. The primary reason it's seeing so much play lately is that it's a brand new map, with a sense of difficulty that people can grind towards finishing. Most maps get the same treatment when they first come out, it's fun working out how to do the map.
    2. It's populating the server. The server is getting populated more and more, I know that the evening would occasionaly get populated for some multigames but now the map is populated during the day, with people wanting to try and complete this course, but then they stay on after this map has changed and populate the server throughout the night.
    3. Serpentis requires teamwork. The thing that makes Serpentis special is it requires teamwork, a lot of skilled players need to work together. This is nothing like GumObstacle, which is nothing special just a hard course map.
    I think that the decision to limit its availability may be relevant, but a bit further down the line, when the map isn't as new, if it's still getting overplayed and dominating the server, perhaps then it should be addressed. But for now? Just let people play!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Camwil09

Camwil09 Junior Member

People that have completed it want it off, not sure what you're talking about
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 10, 2020, Original Post Date: Feb 10, 2020 ---
    There is a huge issue with keeping it on and it also relates to other maps such as 100traps, however, in this regard it is much worse than 100traps due to the comparison of difficulty and its pointless obstacles. I truly believe 100 traps is one the reasons most of the player base last year did not exist anymore, this is because the map does not end once the timer is up, creating a split between the people who don't want to play the map and do. If an rtv isn't successful, people leave, only leaving the people that want the map on the server. This means there is only one option for those who want to play another map (leave the server), which is why gum obstacle is on for hours and hours and you see the divide in players in the player-list that have several hours and those who have up to 30 minutes. I hope this makes sense.

(I do believe 100traps should also be removed, but gum obstacle is way more problematic)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. inba

inba Newbie

Since we started to play gum the server as boomed with players the server went from dead to alive insanely many ppl has started to play again, tho its played to much that's for a fact. But removing it from the map pool is not the solution it needs a time cap for how long we can play it thats what i think atleast. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sebastian

Sebastian Junior Member

This is simply not true, when gum obstacle is on server dips slowly from 25+ people to 16,15,14,13 etc, it is too time-consuming and is not worth the grind, when there is that many people on, I think everyone can agree a team-oriented map as you said like serpentis would be more fun or even multigames or shorter course maps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

Agree with you on this one.

But something like Gum when compared to multigames are just so different i dont see why they are on the same server rotation. Two servers would make more sense.

10. Sebastian

Sebastian Junior Member

As I have said 2 times already to you, I will say it again, soon maybe in a new language for you. Two servers are not necessary, course maps and multigames are both considered as minigames hence one server. As others have also said, it will divide the player base, multigames are not fun with few people just as course maps are not fun with many people. If you just want course maps, play on a separate course server. I can already hear you saying "but I like the HeLL community so I don't want to go to a different server", if we added another server strictly for courses, I doubt you would have the pleasure to enjoy the company of the members as again - player base will be split in half. Anyway, if you can gather majoritarian support for another server from the community, it will happen, for the time being however, this does not seem to be the case.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 10, 2020, Original Post Date: Feb 10, 2020 ---
    Holy fuck I am so well-spoken, that A* in english did not go to waste.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The great Cornholio

The great Cornholio Junior Member

Honestly the server has gained popularity cause we acutally play maps like gumobstacle and serpentis recently... many long time players come on the server when the maps are on, there are like 15-25 people on at those times usually. And it would be stupid to change it to an event map when instead admins could change the map after its been played for say a 2-3 hour limit. and right now its only being played so much because people want to finish the map because of the time they've put into it. After a while i reckon the map will lose its current popularity.

//sarpao

12. Camwil09

Camwil09 Junior Member

I just don't want a repeat situation with what happened when 100traps was played constantly, drove everyone away quickly. Still some people are missing the entire point of why i even suggested to remove it. Serpentis has always got a good response, as an event map...gum obstacle has dropped in players from 30 to 10-16 players already with the same people playing it everyday. People want to play other maps and they can't because the map never ends and the server is full of people that want to complete it (due to everyone leaving)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

When it gets rtv’d it goes to swag/lego multiplayer (whatever these maps are precisely called) or any mg map that is overplayed, should those maps be removed aswell? You say people want to play other maps? You mean the same maps that have been overplayed over the years

This is one of the maps why I started playing mg again, since mg most of the time has the same maps on, kind of like jb.

I think a timer (30 mins maybe) or forced map vote without the extend option would be a good option. Maybe people who completed it want to complete/play other maps but the people who have not completed it ofcourse want to complete it first.

Imo it should stay as it is, but I agree that there is a problem when the map is played for 2+ hours and some players want to play another map. I think a solution should be found in between those 2 extremes.

14. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

I only started playing mg for maps like these, because kz maps got boring and the courses offered something different, I believe every OBSTACLE map should have a easy, medium and hard category on the nomination list and the hard category's only being able to be played once a day for a set time limit on each map, the medium being able to be nominated 5 times, and the easy's being able to be nominated as much as people like.

This fixes the "maps too hard, I'm just gonna leave" and the constant hard maps being played, of course this means some hell member who plays mg and knows the maps would need to rate them but it would benefit greatly, in my opinion.

Thoughts?

15. Sebastian

Sebastian Junior Member

No, "hard","medium,"easy" are all subjective. What might be easy to me might be hard to you, gum obstacle in my opinion is not hard but it is just long and tedious and poorly designed as animal mentioned. Do not see your system being pragmatic but sounds good in theory bud!

16. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

Compare gumobstacle to saw, I think its pretty obvious which one is harder

17. Dupont

Dupont Member
    Donator

Is there a possibility to put a limit on how many times you can extend a map?

18. Sebastian

Sebastian Junior Member

My guy, do not be a degenerate, that is 1 example, I am talking generally, not directly comparing gum to saw.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Camwil09

Camwil09 Junior Member

It normally switches to the nextmap after a few extends, however this map does not do that and continues.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 11, 2020, Original Post Date: Feb 11, 2020 ---
    Having a 30 minute timer would be kind of silly, most people can't even beat it and I had a rough time completing it under 2 hours. Also the reason it goes to swag/lego is because they are what I would consider a good minigame map, it is more polished and has more variety than other minigame maps; which is why its so popular.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 11, 2020 ---
    If you haven't read my forum post on this issue already, please do, it gives a detailed explanation on why it should be removed from the nomination list.

20. Dupont

Dupont Member
    Donator

I must say as a casual player who has only completed two courses ever, it is rather annoying to see this map come up time after time. The difficulty meter is too high for me personally. I don't mind trying a while and I accept that I'm not a good CSS player but there's not much fun to be had when it's constantly the same.

That's just my take, as a casual.

• Like Like x 1