1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MiniGames Server

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by Jacob ™, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

Hello All!

I was just wondering why there is only one minigames server?

To me, there are course maps, and actual minigames maps.

The two are completely different game modes, one is a course that can take hours to finish. The other are really quick paced rounds of doing different things team vs team.

Why are these two things bundled into one server?

Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sebastian

Sebastian Junior Member

This is because they are all under the umbrella of "Minigames", hence the fact that course maps begin with "mg_". I do agree it can be frustrating when these try hards like Andrew or animal want to play cancer like Gumtree for 25 hours straight but the admins are working on a solution.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

Splitting will also divide the player base, but I usually play Minigames for the multigame map, not the course maps...

4. Sebastian

Sebastian Junior Member

The way I see it, if there are like max 5/6 people, course maps are okay. But when you have like 10+ people, multigames are way more fun.

5. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

But when people vote, they get their chance to pick multigame or course maps. If the majority wants course then it will become that map. We just need to outvote them and get more votes on multigame maps :/

6. Sebastian

Sebastian Junior Member

The moment Gumtree begins, they realise the mistake they made by voting for it. But if it is any other course map I agree, it is up to the majority. :/

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jacob ™

Jacob ™ Senior Member
    Donator

But i find that a lot of the time, about 25% of the players will leave when they fail a course over and over. So i think that having both courses and multigames on the same server is already limiting the playerbase on there.

If we have bhop and bhop easy, i would have thought it would also make sense to split this server into two.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Doctor CPU

Doctor CPU Senior Member
    Donator

But that will mean more money @Nomy will have to pay to keep the servers up.

9. Sebastian

Sebastian Junior Member

I do not think money is the issue here. It is more about the fact that it is not necessary to have 2 servers separately which both type of maps come under the category of minigames. If players are driven away by the difficulty of a course map, they would most likely leave after getting smacked in a multigames map or bullied in ski mountain by me ANYWAY. If enough people show distaste for a map, it will be RTV'd.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

I think Nomy once said that it's not a big issue to create more servers or remove a server as the server bill will be the same or with only have a slight difference is the sum.

11. Mys†ik ♥

Mys†ik ♥ Newbie

I don’t know if this is a good idea. People want to play together, at least I do. When I join the server I’m happy being with my regular friends and players. Having two servers for two different game won’t help people to stay on it. Map can’t please everybody all the time. If you don’t like the map or the game style, do as me and wait for a rtv or à vote. These is a lot or others games you can play until the map ends.
    We must not forget that two servers requires more staff to keep things going well. Lots of work for a small reward.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Camwil09

Camwil09 Junior Member

As much as I don't like a lot of courses, it would split the player-base

13. JayJay

JayJay Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Out of curiosity has any one thought they can just request to host an event night or night's with clan members approval where it would be either "just course maps" or "just minigames maps"

This community will work with the player base as best we can, we can create game event's, we can advertise on source groups and help you achieve the night you want.
    Just make a request and an admin may be able to help you on the server on the night.

We wouldn't look into splitting or creating a new server unless you can prove the server would benefit.
    For example, create games nights, see how them nights go, see if it’s worthwhile to have to separate servers.

• Like Like x 5