1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A perfect Minigames...

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by FBA, Jan 27, 2020.

1. FBA

FBA Member

My Suggestions all in one for a better mg community 2020:

Changing the rank system:

Remove current rank system/replace with getting tokens per kill or for playing over time (in store) and be able to buy rank names / or...and... adding system where u get role/rank for finish course maps!

This way u feel more than just, oh wow I beat someone's timer! if ur not as good for example (I just think maybe more people would like to feel rewarded for finishing a map)

Also have an option to disable this for Vanilla players (I do know someone trying to code plugins that I can talk with if none of this currently exsist, which im sure it does if I ask around, but not bothered if not interested [I mean the disable part] I know that other things exsist.)

---

Respawn issues:

Autorespawn or another Respawn/atleast being able to disable "go to spectate" after 1 min afk on specific maps

I got 2 ideas.

Vote revive plugin

or

Just

Having an option to disable the afk timer (other than +right or + left) like for example... !pause !resume

OFC having an anti cheat in this plugin so that wherever you pause is where you resume when you !resume again! or just being frozen in place or both.

Autoswap map

Not sure if this is a bug or common thing... but uhh... Some rare time the server changes map by itself? is this a server setting?

Imagine... trying The hardest map on the server and being on for 3 hours and almost completing (I think u all know it's mg_GumObstacle)

And then u see this "Changing too mg_thc_lego_final in 60 secounds"

I think votemap extending is not stopping this also... and idk if even an admin could extend or cancel this, so I wonder... why is this a thing? Been years since I set up a server... but never had this I think? Is it to "make sure server does not crash" or something?

Because ur MG Server crashes 1-3 times a week sometimes aswell so that is not working.

Instant RTV Vote

Instead of having to wait 3 minutes or whatever it is for a new map if u hate the current and everyone on server or atleast most people want to play another one, why not get instant rtv vote? or ability to rtv instantly?

I am aware this is probably here so whoever choose the map can enjoy their map for 3 minutes, but hey!

You can ignore this: just a joke... if it's disrespectful or annoying I will edit this out, I thought it was funny tho.

[If the majority wants another map ...(do that god daym vote :h:) I said this with pain... you gotta respect that I suppose ... Memories Kenny... Memories :h: :h: :h:]

More events!

So... Obviously to keep people comming there is gotta be fun going on!

I can personally do weekly or monthly MG events and I can either buy temp admin or if u guys will offer it too me to keep people comming back as a little reward (just for that day or event time and remove again)

Then that would be cool. I would ask around and hear what people may want and make it a "tradtion" and we will see how long it lasts!

Store! [optional]
    Again Yes I asked before, u want Vanilla server... I remember!

BUT!

IF there is an option to remove all skins and everything from store, but u can also have the option to have it for people that want more action and fun in the server, why not? right?

Aslong as the server can take it I think anything that gets more interest is a good idea. Just saying!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Karcafa

Karcafa Junior Member

speech often youve ridden for nothing that sad

3. FBA

FBA Member

Can you translate ur own setence to english from whatever that was?

4. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Will look into your suggestions in the coming days.

5. FBA

FBA Member

Ah daym ! thanks! :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 28, 2020, Original Post Date: Jan 28, 2020 ---
    [​IMG]

This is what I mean with swapping map by itself.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 28, 2020 ---
    That is on bhop tho o.o
    [​IMG]

Again in the same 30 minutes? really? x.x
    [​IMG]

ok im done lmao

6. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

Maps are changing because it is how it is. We have that on everywhere (atleast on all HeLL servers). You play 1 map every 30 minutes, and I think you can extend a map by typing "votemap" and choose "Extend map". Do you wanna play 1 map for a few hours, same spots, same games, same things over and over again. Because I don't get it. How is this bad that maps are changing every 30 minutes...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. FBA

FBA Member

it was faster than 30 minutes... like 12 minutes or so (and I can't extend solo) and was in speedruns... (I could have just slayed or rtv for insta swap of map, this happends without any of those 2 actions
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 28, 2020, Original Post Date: Jan 28, 2020 ---

and If the majority wants that, why not? :p

8. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

No one wants that, only you do man, no one else asked questions about this. And it's 29.59 minutes to be specific and not 12 minutes. Maybe you join the server when the map just gets changed by Console itself. As you can see on the screen, it's always 30 minutes, so don't blame the server for that. Just type votemap and extend it yourself or you can ask an admin who extends it for you.

Screenshot:

upload_2020-1-28_20-23-48.png

9. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

It's 30 mins and if you don't extend when the server asks then it will randomly choose one and change to that. This is intended, this isn't a fault or a bug. This is how its meant to be... Also if the map changes as soon as you join, it's because the map was due for a change and it only triggered map change since the server became active when a client joined.

Also you can choose a map or extend current even if you are the only player on server. So you can extend solo.

• Like Like x 2
  10. FBA

FBA Member

---

Am I that bad at explaining?

Even if I extend... even if I click 7 or !votemap extend as 4 in chat it changes... AUTOMATICLLY - WITHOUT 1 SINGLE VOTE - Clear now?

[​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 29, 2020, Original Post Date: Jan 29, 2020 ---

11. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Ok, if you are going to jump from MG to BH and then to EZ. I won't be following you.. different servers have different maptime and settings.

Thanks for the suggestion anyhow.

• Useful Useful x 3
  12. Karcafa

Karcafa Junior Member

On the one hand FBA is right, because there are sometimes, for example, on the multigame server, a map like 100traps, u need atleast 15 minutes to pass it, and there's sometimes when you rtv the map, or it gets to 13 or 12 minutes already it'sthat the map is going to change in 60 seconds, u don't have time to have fun at all.

13. FBA

FBA Member

I understand, I ment EZMODE all the time but I forgot that u could mix those

or if it changes automaticlly without any rtv ( in the sourcemode plugin)

Which sourcemod is it that does this anyway? Must be old?

14. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator

I am open for a role/rank next to your name for getting WR's. I agree it would then give players a bit of a visual reward. So something like "[2 WR's] surp: man why dont i have more wrs?" could work. I don't know if the current timer plugin could be altered for that though. I throw that ball to @Nomy.
    I don't think this is wise. This would only be beneficial to very large maps like GumObstacle where there are very few or no moving platforms. This kind of plugin could be used to circumvent moving parts of other obstacle courses, e.g. waiting for an obstacle to pass while you and your time is frozen. Would be unfair to older times.
    Understandably it is very frustrating to play for a long time on a course map, trying to finish only to have the server automatically change the map. You can extend the map 3 times to have the total map time for 30 minutes, and maybe longer if you votemap extend. I think I recall as well that the map would change even if the map was extended. I don't know what would cause the server to do that. Maybe we can try increasing the number of times you can extend so players have a better chance of completing larger maps.
    In the past you could RTV instantly or almost instantly, this was changed to 3 minutes so players would give the map a chance. I don't see this change being reverted back.
    Nobody dislikes more events. Community members have the privilege of hosting events with the oversight of a clan member so if you have some good ideas you should give it a shot. It would though be ideal if it was an event hosted by a clan member but unfortunately many can be inactive including myself.
    You answered this yourself. Players seem to appreciate the fact that the servers are as vanilla as possible and I tend to agree. It might spark some player activity if you could buy skins with time played on the server but it just feels like a cheap gimmick to me personally, even if it works. Unless there is a large following from community members for a !store plugin it will never be implemented.

While we're on the discussion of suggestions for MG it has been suggested in the past to me that a !hide plugin be implemented, so all players around you vanish. That way you could finish course maps more effectively without the disturbance from other players. I don't see any downside of it personally. Haven't searched myself if this kind of plugin exists to begin with but if you're okay with it @Nomy it sounds worth to try it out.

• Like Like x 4
  15. FBA

FBA Member

My new answer: It exsists for sure, I know a guy that might know a server with that plugin and I can ask around.

16. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator

Refrain from using this attitude, thanks. Me replying to you is listening.

17. Doctor CPU

Doctor CPU Senior Member
    Donator

@FBA to do something like that you do
    You "[QUOTE="UserYouAreReplyingTo, post: NumberThePostIs, member:UsualyFoundWhenTaggingThemAndThenEditingTheComment]Question person said.
    [/QUOTE.]
    Your responce

18. FBA

FBA Member

ohh I was kidding, but ye sure. Ment no disrespect, just a tease.... Sorry!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 31, 2020, Original Post Date: Jan 31, 2020 ---
    I don't get it, I tried to do reply did not work and I tried quote and I did not understand

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  19. Doctor CPU

Doctor CPU Senior Member
    Donator

Eg
    "[.QUOTE="FBA, post: 388955, member: 981981"]test[/Quote.]"[/QUOTE]

20. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

You mean like this?