1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rule question

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by Dyren, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Dyren

Dyren Junior Member

Just a quick question.

Is the command: Jump and keep jumping if you have a weapon seen as a trick command? Back in the day it wasn't. But is it now?

Background: T's where rebelling almost every single round and what i useally do in that case is cull the numbers a bit by this easy command. I was slayed and moved to T's after because it was supposeitly in the rules. Both !motd and !rules say nothing about what i said.
    Was i in the wrong?

2. Skip

Skip Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

The slay was for freekilling due to a trick command.
    Under rule 13.CTs are not allowed to issue tricky or misleading commands
    I did not provide you with a CTban on this occasion as the benefit of the doubt. However, if you claim to know the rules and say after looking at them it doesn't state this anywhere, how can I come to the conclusion that you have read the rules and should be eligible to play as a ct?

But the rules are clear, do not give any misleading commands that may sway towards a freekill and don't lie to an admin again.

3. Dyren

Dyren Junior Member

I understand tricky commands are not allowed.

I disagree with my command as being tricky. I even said listen to my command closely, a knife is a weapon, as are guns. Its pretty clear. How exactly was my command tricky?

4. Galactic Geek

Galactic Geek Junior Member
    Donator

The order "If you have a gun, jump lie to die" (not "If you have a weapon") is used to weave out any guns that's T's may be in possession of, it's not for theatrics, it is a practical order that serves purpose, nobody ever gives the order expecting terrorists to jump if they have a knife, so T's, even those who have been here for years will not understand that command as it is never used and serves zero purpose apart from trimming the numbers. It can be deemed as a confusing order, and as a result many Terrorists were killed in confusion by you, in all honesty with that amount of deaths on your hands from a tricky order, you got off lightly.

5. Skip

Skip Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

It's misleading. Most commanders gun check at the start of the round and do so by saying "if you have a gun jump lie to die". You've changed one word here which makes players think it's the genuine command that every other commander uses. Anyway what are you gaining from making every terrorist jump? you gain Nothing, apart from easy kills when they misunderstand your commands.

If you cannot see this I am happy to enforce a ctban as you clearly cannot determine what commands are allowed to be used.

6. Dyren

Dyren Junior Member

@ Galactic
    Its pretty logical to think a knife is a weapon, its no different from saying: if you dont go to isolation you will die. What i did was weed out the players who fail to listen. That no different from lets say first reaction, last reaction that is much more tricky to follow then what i said. I can tell you are wrong when you say that people who have been here for years will get that wrong. Those that died will listen more carefully and learn the difference between jump if you have a pistol/jump if you have a weapon.

@Skip
    If you honestly think the command: Jump and keep jumping if you have a weapon, is a tricky command why did most T's did exactly what i said? You better not allow FRLR or simon says or any of that.
    What i gained from the command was weed out those who do not listen. and there is nothing to really misunderstand as a knife is a weapon.

7. Galactic Geek

Galactic Geek Junior Member
    Donator

It's not the same as first reaction last reaction, in that T's are explained the rules, not having to guess at what your command might mean, it is a confusing order despite what you believe, as evident by the mass of T's who failed to follow your order and instead wondered why they were killed. If you were to do that command again right now, it would be the same result because the T's are hardwired to hear that command the way it is originally given, nonetheless, this debate will go no further without the Insight of a higher authority, please refrain from continuing this debate until a reply from a Hell Clan Member to share his/her opinion.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. WildFire

WildFire Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

There's a couple threads about this with differing opinions. This command has been around for a long time and has recently surfaced again, usually when old regulars come back. It was back then a valid command as a knife is categorically a weapon. Here's some threads that are relevant: https://hellclan.co.uk/threads/1601/page-117#post-297092

The most recent was by @Nomy in 2018 https://hellclan.co.uk/threads/38846/page-3 where he says that this is now a trick command. The commander will have to specify explicitly that a knfie is counted as a weapon if they want to continue to use this command. If there's any changes to this scenario, then we will update. However for now follow that this is a trick command unless elaborated on what counts as a weapon.

Realistically Ts should be killed from playing map games, not for silly commands to catch people out. E.g. Jump to die and they wait like 1 minute for a T to be killed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Dyren

Dyren Junior Member

Ah i see, I will know what to say next time.
    Thanks Wildfire!

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. FBA

FBA Member

Good answer!

Quick question, could there be a rule against doing "crouch walk, shift walk constantly" cause people are rebelling?

I know it sounds weird... but I am multitasking ALOT so... holding crouch when typing on 2nd screen is like... hard :p

But ofc I could just not play, indeed.

I mean just like "many rounds in a row" not like "in general" to make that clear!

Also I thought crouch/shift walks was forbidden in rules ? atleast I think I can remember reading it here sometime :p (might have been updated or I remember wrong)

11. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

Crouch follow is when you only crouch. The "Crouch walk" command implies holding shift/slow walking and crouching at the same time. This makes you super slow and is the forbidden command. As that makes the most sense.

12. Skip

Skip Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

As Jan says you can’t command crouch walk.

I agree to an extent to commanders not always using shift walk and similar commands, but it’s a great way of controlling the terrorists and therefore is just a part of the gameplay that you’ll have to incorporate:)

imagine the scenes if t’s were allowed to run everywhere!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. FBA

FBA Member

Fair enough.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 27, 2020, Original Post Date: Jan 27, 2020 ---

of course they should do it... sometimes... but all the time, everytime... even if they fail hard? nah... try something smarter, control t's better or get better ct positions or something, don't repeat the same mistakes over and over... :p

Also jailbreaks sucks when people rebel, what's the fun in that (unless the warden sucks :h:)

14. WildFire

WildFire Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Pretty much this. We don't need to make any changes, because it's rare that people make you crouch/shiftwalk consecutively for each round.