1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking While Dead

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by Doctor CPU, Jan 14, 2020.

?

Talking while dead?

1. Yes

23.1%
  2. No

76.9%
  3. Not bothered

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Poll choise..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Doctor CPU

Doctor CPU Senior Member
    Donator

I think you should implement a feature that dead t/ct's can talk but alive t/it's cant hear them. A bit like TTT. It's pretty boring talking in chat and talking about the game is impossible at the moment because of the ghosting rule.

• Repost Repost x 1
  2. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

It's not allowed to talk for them anyway. If you are dead as T or CT, it is not allowed to use your mic and just talk around. This is called a glitch on the server, you are "glitching the server" since you re-join the server and talk while your dead. If you see people doing this report them in the report section or (to an admin ingame if there's one online at that moment). They will warn them and stop them doing it in the future.

3. Doctor CPU

Doctor CPU Senior Member
    Donator

What I mean is that the rule be lifted and that alive people cant hear the dead but the dead can.

4. Skip

Skip Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

Also from an admin point of view when I’m listening to the round whilst dead and someone is freekilled, making another voice chat would confuse this making the admins job harder.
    So it’s a no from me.

it’s needless

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 7
  5. Japi

Japi Member
    Donator

little of a long shot, but if this was implemented could there be a Self Mute Dead Players command... something similar to what's on ZM servers where you can self mute certain or all players. Seems like a lot of work for not alot of pay off though

6. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

*Cough*
    Self-Mute aka S-M allows you to mute individuals, @ct, @t, @dead or @alive people.
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1949715

I know what you mean Jake, but I think the dead should be dead and not be able to communicate with voice chat. JB is heavily reliant on voice chat and making that part complicated will not end well for the overall JB experience.