1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do we matter?

Discussion in 'Spam' started by Murky, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Murky

Murky Veteran Member
    Donator

The Universe is so big sometimes I even wonder if we matter. Does Earth matters? Imagine if one day,
    Earth disappears, for the Universe nothing will be changed. So at this point we can assume that human
    life doesn't really matter. We are nothing and we don't have impact on Universe.

We are most intellectual creatures on Earth but at the same time we are nothing, we mean nothing.

Yes, we do have impact on Earth but isn't Earth meaningless part of the Universe? I am just glad we
    don't have ability to explore the Universe because exploration did nothing good for the Earth but bad.

Our ego doesn't allow us to see the truth, there is nothing to live for and there is nothing to die for.

2. Ge0➆

Ge0➆ Member
    Donator

We don't. Just enjoy the trip

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

[​IMG]

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

What if we never existed?

5. Lino

Lino Veteran Member
    Donator

Never read Carl Jung's red book ;)

6. Galactic Geek

Galactic Geek Junior Member
    Donator

There's a book called "We Are The Ant's", read it

7. TrustMe

TrustMe Senior Member
    Donator

You matter to me, doesn't that count for anything?

I am part of the universe, and you've had an impact on me xxx

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  8. Mega

Mega Member

No. We do not matter. Absolutely nothing matters. One day you are going to die.. and everyone will forget that you ever existed. Nothing lasts forever, except death.

Eventually, you and everything that you know, everything that you will ever know will be reduced to dust.. and even that dust will decay away. Dust to dust. We know how the movie ends.. and we see it coming. So why bother watching?

We are unique creatures, we are intelligent creatures, but reduce a man to ash, and you will realise that there is nothing there but cold, empty dust. We are nothing. We mean nothing. Death is coming. Entropy is near..

Just kidding dude. :angel:

When you finally realise that life has no abstract meaning to it, you might figure out that life is what you make of it. You matter to your friends, your family. You give their lives meaning..

And just because we are all going to die, doesn't mean we cant have a good time along the way. Why watch the movie if you know it's going to end? :angel:

So please stay hydrated, and remember to feed the ducks something healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spiraler

Spiraler Member
    Donator

everyone and everything has order to it. we are all part of the order. we do matter because we matter at least to ourselves. when most people ask themselves this question they get the scale wrong. you think about yourself in relation to the universe which is ridiculous. the universe doesn't experience things. the ability to think and speak and feel and love are the things that are easy to see about humans, and the universe can do none of them.

the sun has more impact on human life than any individual human ever has or likely ever will. but the sun doesn't tell you its name. we named it. in older times we anthropomorphized it. its meaning only exists as it is interpreted by us. by you. the fact of the matter is that even your worry about lack of importance or scale comes from yourself.

do we matter? you are the one asking the question, so clearly it is being passed through your mind before you type it here. that is already more than any giant ball of plasma can say. except a giant ball of plasma can say nothing, it doesn't know how, but it also doesn't know how not to know how.

it was Descartes that said "I think therefore I am," and while that is pretty gay, it also is something to note. how many times has the universe been able to hold a conversation with you? how many times has it said something funny? been recognizable as a single entity?

as humans, we do these things with relative ease. that's why we matter. I matter to me. you matter to you. and I don't think it's presumptuous to say we matter to each other. that you can even have these doubts about your purpose are what make us who we are. the sun is a wheel turning to get you along the road, but you're at the driver seat.

10. Sebastian

Sebastian Junior Member

You have defo watched too much anime.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Birdie

Birdie Member
    Donator

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

Hey hey whatch which names you mention eh:p

• Funny Funny x 2