1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unban and report request

Discussion in 'Unban & Unmute Requests' started by Jabra, May 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabra

Jabra Newbie

Copied from the other thread with an addition at the end. I would also like to report the admin. There were no other players active other than him so no one could have been offended. He just stated that my name was racist. I think it is the worst example of the tyranny of political correctness.

The admin who carried out the ban:
      WildFire

Server:   Hell surf server CS:S

My SteamID:   STEAM_0:1:18617719

Reason:    Accordingly racism  

Proof: I'm banned

Hey.

I'm a surfer with the name Negromeistro (also known as Jabra), and in my profile Steam picture Dudley from the game Street Fighter 3 is framed. I have had this name on many servers without ever meeting into troubles. The motives behind the choice of the name are not racist. I explained that to the admin also.

In fact my name has more character of exalting africans as I have put "meistro" which is meant as "master" into the name. The reason why I did not name myself Negromaster is because that NegROmeistRO, as illustrated with capital letters, rhymes. You cannot isolate a word and call it racist, it depends on the context. If that was the case this very message must be racist as I'm mentioning the word now, however, I'm not being condescending towards anyone, because I'm using it in a referring context. And we if now actually consider the context which would be the most reasonable, the context is very good as I put "meistro" after "Negro" which refers to that "negro" is "master". That does also support my Steam Profile picture where the very muscular and well-dressed Dudley is framed. Dudley basically looks like the ultimate alpha-male. I have attached a picture.

I didn't believe this should matter. Yes, it may seem ridiculous. But I have African ancestry. Not full blood though, half Danish, half Nigerian. I believe if my name should be racist in any way, it would rather be the fact that I seem to exalt Africans compared to other ethnicities. However, that is ofc. not my intention. I'm just very inspired by the figure and style of Dudley even though he is fictive.

I'm also a very well-recognized surfer from the competitive surf community, KSF community, and I probably wrote the largest write work regarding surf which can be seen in this link https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-10jiO0nXZZ_WS_liPMuS_DixUOJyFw9D51-Br_vjAA/edit (I did not write the introduction, which was written by Goldace, but from "A telling of surf from 2010", which by the way is still in progress as it contains a lot of orthographic errors).

Addition: I have been very active on the server. I used it to surf around and do freestyle, especially on surf_ski_nova when there are zero players (this was also the case when Wild. I also hold most of the world records on the server. You know it is often most difficult to attract players to the servers when there are 0 players, therefore I think I did a great job attracting players to the server. So it obviously feels sad to be treated like this.

I strongly hope it will have consequences because name and identity policing is very severe.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  2. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Sorry we do not allow such names on our servers. The admin made the right decision.

If you are willing to change your name, we might be able to do something.

3. Jabra

Jabra Newbie

Absolute no arguments, neither respect for people who actively been playing your server. No, I will obviously not change my name and identity to fit into a single server community that does not tolerate different people.

Bye.

4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.