1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking suggestions for my jailbreak map

Discussion in 'Source SDK / Map developement' started by Champion!!, May 12, 2019.

1. Champion!!

Champion!! Member

The tittle is self explanatory i am going to make a new jailbreak and i already have a basic idea in my mind and looking for any kind of suggestion or opinion from you so the map turns out to be really good.

i have taken inspiration of cells and map layout from a prison map i saw on roblox and other popular jailbreak maps
    Here is the most probable top view i made in photoshop

[​IMG]

The Idea is the prison is located on a island disconnected from the mainland, the bold black lines are the places where there would be a steel fence

[​IMG]

1. Corridor which links cell block to outside
    2. Cell block
    3. Stairway to basement and breakfloor (kind of like spy where cts are on a higher platform)
    4. Cafeteria (Will be kind of the place to play floor is lava different heights of the tables etc)
    5. Store room
    6. Garage (most probably the best place for warday)
    7. Interrogation room (like you have seen on italia)
    8. Armory (with a door in the middle area and one near the parking zone)
    9. Medic (kept close to boxing ring so you can easily do pokemon game)
    10. Boxing ring (kind of a knife arena)
    11. Football (would probably be similar to summer redux because it has really good football)
    12. Gym (kind of like vip), Playground (like the one openfield) [could play floor is lava here too to get lr after football]
    13. Pool with race (not like new summer but better like there would be fence in front of the start which gets removed after you press a button) and diving board (the loops you pass through will be visible once you press a button and would be in air so you would need to strafe)
    14. Wipeout
    15. Boat game (one of the ct or t would be able to drive the boat and try to kill other ts) [would try my best to make it because i am not really experinced in mapping so it will be hard]
    16. Control room (opens the gate to the front road, you could disable all inside lights for 30 seconds, friendly fire button for cts)
    17. Island
    18. So this is like a teleporter which gets activated when the clock hits 1:30 just like new summer and everyone will be slayed at 1:00 either you go here or the island and everyone will be teleported in a helicopter/plane and everyone will be slayed at 0:00

~For vents first here is the cell area i am talking about
    [​IMG]
    good enough room to escape away if cts are not careful, cell 3 would be visible from cafeteria(4) and cell 4 would be visible from corridor (1) and both of them will have vent but only one of the will be real vent (like spy) so cts would need to work and send at least 1 cts through each side, vent would open near the front round and you would be able to get inside the parking zone by jumping over the steel fence and go to armory

~one of the cell will have a gun (probably glock not too powerful ts)

~gun in island (17) [scout] , guns in north and south watch tower [scout]

~the back of the main island will be accessible through a door below the west watch tower

~a vent on the roof of one of the cells from 8-12 which open on the roof so one ct would need to go on the roof, a window on roof too (breakable) the roofs of the building 1-8 would be different but could be crouch jumped so if a t can get on the roof he can get to armory which will have a ladder to top from inside from which cts can go directly on the roof

~the games in basement would probably be the ones most suggested by you guys

```starting working on the map after 6-7 june could take 2 months to 12 months maybe who knows but i am total free from 6 june to 6 august```

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

It’s great you’re taking an interest into mapping, good luck with it all.

One thing I would say is to make sure you get the scale right before laying out the whole map. The worst thing is when you get carried away, then load it up and realise everything is twice as big. A useful link: https://www.worldofleveldesign.com/...mmer-source-player-scale-world-dimensions.php

Another thing is about your end of round thing. I believe that this will not be a cool feature but a nuisance. Especially when people are learning the map and want to explore. It also sucks if it takes a while to control the Ts and by the time you do so the map kills you all for being too slow. This is a common experience on summer. Although perhaps with an easier map design it could work.

Could you not utilise the island and the 18. Teleporter as a hunger games instead? I think that would give the map a better rating. Just an idea!

Also what’s your theme of the map?

3. Champion!!

Champion!! Member

sure thing would implement all of the suggestion

not sure what to call the theme but here is like kind of real life version
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1