1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minigames Improvement suggestion

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by FBA, May 7, 2019.

1. FBA

FBA Member

Hey I play minigames alot, so I am quite a perfectionist as you might know, here is my suggestions.

Autorespawn
    Revoke RTV
    Instant RTV
    Recently played in Nominate list change
    Chatranks that u can enable/disable for more motivation to beat maps
    Get a plugin to add people easily
    Get a plugin for figuring out what song is currently playing in server [not the radio but the server map]
    Plugin to take away music from the whole map or pick and choose what songs u wanna mute permanently

Different nominate lists [1 for special maps, 1 for multigames and one for courses] so example nominate [1,2,3]
    **click 1** ---
    mg_smash_cannonsz
    mg_hold_your_balance
    **click 2**
    mg_all_in_one_sg_XIvz_fix
    mg_kennys_multigames_v1
    **click 3**
    mg_justsurvive_1_v16
    mg_sohigh_course_v3

Why autorespawn?

For all the noobs joining minigames server it would be nice with an autorespawn plugin that automaticlly respawn you if you die in a course

instead of having to tell them to press m6 m1 1 or m6 m2 2 or use the console and type spectate

Problem with that is they don't know how to use console and then you gotta teach them that aswell.

Why revoke RTV?

Because someone might misclick rtv bind or maybe change their mind.

Why Instant RTV?

Because when you play a course alone or misclicked map or u just joined the server and u gotta wait 5 min or w/e it is before u can rtv it kinda sucks. IT's not too bad, and I get that it's there to prevent people from intantly rtv to skip maps 24/7 --- But here is my suggestion

If it's less than 10 players, make instant rtv a thing and over 10 it could be delay so people don't instant rtv all the time.

Why make it so u can play maps you recently played faster? [Recently played in nominate list]

because it's like 5 maps before u can nominate the map u like again, I don't quite see the point if it's not very active at the moment, we want to play our favorites! I assume this is the command called "sm_rtv_initialdelay 0" on sourcemod, not sure what plugin is now? (sourcemod I assume)

Why Chatranks?
    Cause it looks amazing and it makes the server alot more fun

Why get plugin for adding people?
    Cause adding people trough steam can be hard at times if there is alot of people with the same name, example here would be !add FBA and it gets request on steam, seen it on another server can ask them about it if you like the idea.

Why plugin to see songs?

This would be a dream comming true, I would not have to use shazam anymore. Also there is alot of people asking for songs in maps all the time, you know this would be amazing to have! [ofc some maps already show songs in console/chat ... but not all! far from all!

Why music mute plugin?
    Some maps like mg_foolscourse_v3 keeps playing a minecraft theme when someone hits level 6 and it drives u crazy if u got music in background, would be a nice way to permanently remove it not only have snd_restart or !stopmusic temporarily

I will probably think of more later, and I will edit it and put a line like this, even tho I know you got 2nd message things on the forum.

Anything you can think of that would improve the server? comment! Also make sure u join the ]Hell[ Minigame server

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Links to the plugins I can find
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=905786 Autorespawn plugin

Revoke RTV - I will ask a friend about this one later

Instant rock the vote --- sm_rtv_initialdelay 0 [if it's sourcemod] https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Map_Management_Plugins_(SourceMod)

The nominate list I am sure u can choose amounts of maps before u can nominate a map again right? I have not used sourcemod before but I will wait for answer before searching for this one, it confused me when I tried to find it.

----

Taking a break from finding things, hope you guys can look into some of them aswell, going to do stuff now --- Babysitting and streaming calling ! :p

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1469346 (potentional rtv plugin)

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  2. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

PLZ STOP THE SPAM :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. FBA

FBA Member

Well there is alot of things that could be done to improve the server and make it famous again, but what u guys care about is me spamming suggestions... oh well.

4. PASi

PASi Member
    Donator

Servers were popular due to css being popular and HELL servers providing gamemodes with more vanilla feel rather than rainbow, names, titles etc. (Also no-steam ban was huge hit but there are proper reasons for that)

Playerbase will also increase soon for the summer like it has done for the past few years so sit tight.

Adding features isnt always an improvement. Alot of the playerbase that have been more just one visit on servers have stuck around due to vanilla feel and ofcourse the playerbase.

You have lot of ideas but you dont think them through... if hell would implement your ideas to servers, our servers would be just like the competing servers.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. FBA

FBA Member

And the competing servers has more players, hate to bring it too you, but it's just facts ;)

What about atleast a replay plugin?

To Pasi: Quick question, do you even play mg?

I just think staff members don't wanna look into this cause they don't wanna face problems or just too lazy, I made a server back in the day myself I know it's alot of problems with plugins and stuff and quite annoying, but I am a perfectionst and I made it work in the end, was just too expensive for me to hold them up. I would donate too see these changes happen tho.

That's if you consider it, otherwise I need to save money can barely pay my netflix nowadays :p
    ---

If you would be interested I might know a guy that made one for his bhop server, also maybe a pause plugin that u can pause (timer) on any map and rtv and then continue on when that map is back, if he gets that working it would be dope.

I am only trying to come with the suggestions cause I like this community better than the others, I like the other servers (setting wise) more than this one, but it's also higher ping there so that's why I also don't like it very much.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 13, 2019, Original Post Date: May 13, 2019 ---
    Also unlimited extend option if ur less than 4 people would be nice, until rtv'd