1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New servers? maybe swap some out?

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by FBA, May 6, 2019.

1. FBA

FBA Member

A minigame server with chatranks and system like bhop or trikz server has or change the current plugins on mg

RPG Surf? would be a good server :h:

It's mostly only jailbreak and minigames played anymore anyways right?

2. Mega

Mega Member

Css is dying.. Unfortunately there really isn't that much demand for new servers.

3. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

time for fortnite servers?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. FBA

FBA Member

don't be so negative :D also if it's really dying, no reason to pay for servers that no one play on, remove like the 11 others and add 1 new, that's a huge profit anyways ;) also it will be players there :D

Good games never die :h: - people always come back :) (the best people usally stay :*)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 7, 2019, Original Post Date: May 7, 2019 ---
    Why would you make anything with Fornite, it's so bad :D
    --- Double Post Merged, May 7, 2019 ---
    Also a Hide 'n seek server would be epic cs 1.6 style

5. JayJay

JayJay Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

I think you need to look into HeLL clan policy’s and the actual player base.
    We pride our selfs on providing game servers for the community to play and enjoy free from cheats and abusive players. All we ask in return is to follow the rules we set.
    We don’t provide these services for profit and it’s not a business, the community has been built around the pure enjoyment of the player base.

All the services that are provided by HeLL clan are as vanilla as possible to maintain the value of the game and to cut down the need to download material. Also we don’t want it to look tacky.

I would ask you to use the search bar feature on the forums website to view to see if your questions have been asked previously and what was the result then.

The servers you suggest removing don’t actually take up resources on the dedicated servers while they are idle and no player base.
    There is a cost on dedicated servers being paid but thankfully jailbreak and other servers pay-admin help towards these payments.
    Obviously the pay-admin donations don’t cover the total cost of the services we provide, mostly Nomy pays out his own pocket or other players that donate does help dramatically.

From the help from nomy and others the servers ain’t being shut down, there will come a time where we might down size and put servers temporarily offline to keep the clan going strong, but there is no reason to switch off 11 fully functioning servers for 1 keen opportunity server css 1.6

6. FBA

FBA Member

I mean, I am pretty sure u get more money than all the servers cost, but still... why have servers that no one plays on? that's my question, all due respect, but I don't get it.

But hey, I respect that u guys want it vanilla, but I mean... more players, more money ;)

So if you have something that is a bit different that people would like to come back for alot and more than the other ones that everyone has like hide n seek and rpg surf which is rare nowadays then it would be epic, otherwise I might make my own servers once again, just don't have the money for it atm :/

I am only comming with suggestions how to make the community more alive and better, even tho you guys hate all my suggestions :p

But I don't see you playing this game more than 10 hours a day ;)

7. JayJay

JayJay Administrator

Totally wrong, we only host servers that can guarantee up time, we don’t do things cheap because in long run there’s no point and the server will have more issues with performance and operation.

The servers that are currently up have been operating longer and more fluidly than any other servers on CSS. This is down to the time that has been spent to making sure each setting is correct.

You can indeed ask or suggest improvements but your going about it the wrong way.
    Please look at the forum sections and place your suggestions or questions in the correct places to gain traction in your requests.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. FBA

FBA Member

Settings is fine, plugins tho OOF

9. JayJay

JayJay Administrator

Then I suggest you use the correct forum section and list the plugins/ add ons that you would like to see added.

It would help if you could use allied mods website and show us the exact plugin/ add on so we can view and discuss.

You can’t just say: need a chat rank or rank system. Please suggest an actual plugin.

10. FBA

FBA Member

Well I could find it, but then I would have to do some digging, I will see if I can do it later. IT's just I thought a community like this would have a coder to make plugins you know :p
    --- Double Post Merged, May 7, 2019, Original Post Date: May 7, 2019 ---
    That's something I would pay for ^^ when I get mah moneh

11. JayJay

JayJay Administrator

There are people in this community that can code and if they are busy we can sub contract the work out but that doesn’t mean we will take you up on the suggestions you provide.

We obviously try to keep the server Vanilla as possible, helps with maintenance and general gameplay with out lots of stuff going on.

12. FBA

FBA Member

I get that, but the things I suggest is things that would not bug out alot, or change alot in the server if coded right, but again coding is compliacted so don't know for sure.

But Yes I know most people will disagree, too much effort and the others that wants it doesn't speak up so I get the lack of motivation