1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unban request for Williaam

Discussion in 'Unban & Unmute Requests' started by The great Cornholio, Mar 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The great Cornholio

The great Cornholio Junior Member

Name: William

Server: Jailbreak

Admin: CT ban vote

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:47512770

Reason: Faulty ban in my oppinion. Kongu made a vote to ct ban me for killing him in vents, and saying I am not allowed in vents, hence why he started the vote. The map was Spy_vs_spy. T's opened the cell vent so I opened the death crate vent to go after the t's. After killing a T in armory, without entering armory myself, I turned back to clear the vent between armory and the vent cell. And when I was clearing this vent I killed Kongu.

His oppinion was that I am not allowed in vents, and that I can not open other vents to chase after T's. But it is impossible for ct's to chase after t's that go inside of the cell vent because the cell doors are closed, and upon opening them you are highly likely to get stabbed.

So unless I am not allowed to open another vent as I did then I don't think i deserve to be ct banned. And I am not alone in doing this, as I see ct's opening that vent as I did pretty much every other round on that map.

Am I allowed to do as I did when opening that other vent to chase those rebellers?
    Am I allowed to go back to clear the rest of the vent, provided I never leaved the vent in the first place?
    Can kongu be punished for making this vote, where there was no reason for me to get banned, and I explained the situation to him but he still did it?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  2. Kongu

Kongu Member

First of all, the fact you've made a forum post about a 20 minute ban is insane.

Second, I started the vote because I saw on my radar you kill a T pretty much in armoury. I then ran to the open vent myself when cells opened and ran down the whole way to the last corner of the armoury where you just appeared and killed me.

As for opening other vents, from my understanding it's treated the same as clearing guns. You aren't meant to go anywhere near them unless you are taking T's past them. The fact that T's went down the vent in spy vs spy in the cells is just a failure on the commanding side.

As for requesting me to be punished, well.... ha.

3. JayJay

JayJay Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Am I allowed to do as I did when opening that other vent to chase those rebellers?
    YES:
    Rule 17: CTs should only enter a vent when they have a valid reason (the vent is open / T is missing)

Am I allowed to go back to clear the rest of the vent, provided I never leaved the vent in the first place?
    YES as long as you didn't enter armory first as would negate the following rule:
    Rule 16: CTs cannot exit armoury via vents / teleports at any time

Can kongu be punished for making this vote, where there was no reason for me to get banned, and I explained the situation to him but he still did it?
    No need, its a 30min ban and he was doing what he though was right, Both please recheck rules on game mode: https://hellclan.co.uk/motd/jbrules.html

No unban's required as expired and no further action needed.

Can be Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.