1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bois, I need your help (Graphic Design based)

Discussion in 'Graphics' started by PorQueToe, Jan 15, 2019.

1. PorQueToe

PorQueToe Member

UPDATE (09/03/2019)
    I have attended 4 interviews of the 5 and I am waiting to hear back from my number one choice to accept and not go to the 5th. I have been offered a place at 3/4 i have attended so far, but the 4th being the one i really want to go to. Thank you all for your help and support, it's moments like these where people help each other out that up-lifts the spirits. -PQT ;*

Bois and Not-Bois (but still Bois).

I'm in need of your help

Recently I have sent my university applications on a UK national application network called "UCAS".
    Within 24 hours of sending all my applications, I have already received an email back from one of my options to come in for the day on the 30th. It is required for me to bring a physical portfolio with me for the interview part of the day:
    And here's the problem.
    Due to IRL stuff last June-August, during my final crunch time of my Art and Design Foundation course, I was in a double hurry to move house, get coursework done and set up an exhibition with my class.
    Unfortunately, during this period, everyone was allocated a time slot to come pick up their work from throughout the year of the course, but I was unable to make it due to the moving and ended up leaving it all behind but my sketchbooks. They were thrown away to make room for the new classes.

I am now in a sort of rush to create myself a new portfolio in the coming couple of weeks. And here's what i need from you bois.

I need your help to come up with different, realistic, GRAPHIC DESIGN based project briefs with at least a basic concept in mind and specifications for such concepts.

For example:

Poster Design - Music festival
    - With a figure included
    - use red and blue
    - Big font
    - themed around "tiki"
    - list musicians
    (so on so forth....)

It can be anything from Ad campaigns, Branding, Logo design, Illustrations ,Concept art or anything artistic within that spectrum.

Any help is much apprenticed and would love anything from such examples of briefs, links to artists or even a pick-me-up mood boost.

I love and appreciate y'all.

-Not Henry. ;*

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  2. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

• Like Like x 1
  3. Amin

Amin Senior Member
    Content Creator Donator

so, you just need random designs to print them and present them on the interview?

4. PorQueToe

PorQueToe Member

Yeah, so basically, if you were to put yourself in the shoes of a client and ask me, the graphic designer to fulfill their design needs. such as, as forementioned: an Ad campaign, branding, advertising, illustration and what not.... Im more focused on making a visually appealing portfolio so im thinking more about illustration and poster design type stuff, but anything to get down into a portfolio and sketchbooks would be great!!!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 16, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 16, 2019 ---
    TLDR: FellowHellGamers.jpg

5. Amin

Amin Senior Member
    Content Creator Donator

6. PorQueToe

PorQueToe Member

Thanks babe ;*

edit: (all that is leaning towards online gaming and digital stuff but still appreciated, might use some of the stuff in photo compositions on Photoshop.)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Amin

Amin Senior Member
    Content Creator Donator

the first pack is very useful , it's not just for gaming x)

8. Knifer

Knifer Veteran Member

Hmmm I would advise you to call your school and make them personally speak to the universities about the issue that happened. Your work is no joke and they've treated it as such so try reach out to the head teacher/principle to explain the situation. Universities will be more at ease when considering your application/interview stage as they are aware of what has happened. I would do this ASAP. I can't help much on eportfolio but i can give interview tips

Interview tips
    - You're competing against other students so be unique in your ideas.
    - Keep smiling, back straight (don't slouch = shows shit character) and look the interviewers in their eyes so they know you're paying attention
    - Interviewers will get bored and they'll show it so try keep your answers effective and short
    - You might be around people who also have an interview at the same time period...my advice is to not talk to them..trust me you don't want that stress and they will give you it...say good luck to them and thats it...
    - If you find that you can't answer the question properly my technique is to wait 4 seconds to gather some ideas and then i ask if they can repeat the question again and that will give you extra time to think about answering...

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Spiraler

Spiraler Member
    Donator

how about a gay goat smiling, sunglasses,

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

Thats not good

• Like Like x 1
  11. topbadge

topbadge Veteran Member
    Content Creator Donator

[​IMG]

That was fun.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. PorQueToe

PorQueToe Member

Awesome tips dude, ill keep them in mind. :);)

Generally i'm a level headed person so i don't get stressed or panic easily so i have *no* issue with that.
    All my friends who had interviews and whatnot this time last year were all hectic and losing their shit.
    The only panic i really have is a portfolio :p

Anyway, thank you dude :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Spiraler

Spiraler Member
    Donator

thanks