1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's settle this once and for all

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by Ronnie Pickering, Jan 8, 2019.

?

Are you for rule 19 or against?

1. For rule 19

38 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. Against rule 19

37 vote(s)
    49.3%
  1. Ronnie Pickering

Donator

All of us opposing the rule are trying to say is, it was better without the rule was imposed/clarified tbh.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Hans Tier

Hans Tier Guest

Its actually handled the way Nomy said on the server (if the warden is at least partially smart that is). You either let the lone, winning T choose his lr partner or make the loosers play a quick game like first reaction last reaction. It doesnt even contradict the prize of the game because the winner still gets lr.

I think its better now, because its making the game more challanging for CTs. You just cant mow everyone down when all Ts lost, you have to actually think about the case.
    The other day I commanded a game of "the floor is lava" and since almost everyone was failing the last jump, I had to keep the last 2/3 Ts in the game alive while the CTs searched a rebeller.
    Of course you have the issue from time to time of people complaining that not everyone finished a game (like floor is lava) and got lr by waiting it out. But honestly - that happened even without Rule 19.

• Like Like x 2
  3. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

My first dumb rating ever. Congrats Waz.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. JayJay

JayJay Administrator

I’ve been playing CSS coming up 14 years. Not all with this clan sadly but within other community’s where I was actually involved in making up game rules and drafting out game modes.

How many people would know that the original game mode was hosted on i3D servers under the old school name Hosties.
    During this time it was new but the game mode was very simple. CTs play warden, Ts play prisoners, CTs would play game modes whittle down all the prisons to the last 2. Where then the remaining 2 Ts get last request.
    Why do you think that last request works for only 2 Ts remains. Hint: (They listened to Cts or managed to survive the round and now it’s the turn to win the round)

years later the game evolves we add games, we add more maps, we add more last requests (originally was like 3-4), special rounds (FFD, KWD) and actively encouraging game play in rebelling.
    (Vents, Guns).

But the game mode don’t change! The problem is people do and we have to add rules to enforce people to understand the original game play not to what thrappy winning CT players want.

Me, Chris, Nomy, pengu, and loads more I couldn’t name because there’s that many played by the original game mode where come to the end no matter how you get there the The Last 2 Ts get LR.

Try being a T and rebelling then making it to last T it’s harder than you think! Then you get killed in end by a CT saying he was a rebel. Sorry CT your wrong, you had your chances prior!

CTs can come into any situation where it might be unfair or could end differently!
    Don’t forget your the warden you can change the game. “Don’t stay in football because it’s unfair teams”

If a T is rebelling and killing loads CTs give him a free pass to come back and play for a legit LR win. Play a chance game.

I would also like to add the feedback and discussions on things in this community gives hell clan the ability to strive that’s why as a community this works. You may not be aware but every thread posted in this forum is viewed and Hell clan members take time to review and discuss together!

You may think sometimes you might not get an answer or something might get brushed off but in fact you’ve got to understand this is a big community and we all have different opinions on matters. But we try and do best for the whole.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

That’s how it feels since it has been played without this for many many years and everyone was fine with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JayJay

JayJay Administrator

We respect your opinion @Wazblaz you was actually the driving force for the turn around in some rules changes recently and you should be aware that everyone has there say.
    Sadly we all voted to keep this rule in as it’s actually the game mode and not just a stupid thing we made up.

If I was able to have my way, I’d remove FFD, special days, perk items (invisible/ speed items) these have nothing to do with the actual game mode: jailbreak itself and can ruin the game play but we all made the decision to keep them in.

I would also say the comment you made prior about Chris whining because he got killed is out or order, at the end of the day everyone is intitled to there opinion you can’t blame this rule on Chris as it’s actually just the game mode and how we should all be playing!

Do the think after the Ts follow the rules or rebel and make it to end of round they deserve to have there Last request as long as they play it fairly by the rules?

This rule just gives Ts the ability to play the game mode properly and a good chance to win the round against potentially 7-10 CTs with guns.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

Fine sure but the game mode can adapt and evolve with the player base that’s current. I’m sorry but when and old boy (who granted was in the initial development) comes on and is upset (because he was it’s obvious...) that he got killed as the server evolved without him is unfair.

LR hasn’t been the end of the round where it all resets for years. In fact, I don’t remember a time where it was like that. The server finds it weird that a clan votes in (or back in if you’d like) a rule/changes the game mode to a different way of playing. Rebelling used to be about killing all of the CTs. Ignoring LR and still commuting to the crime. If you chose to do LR, you had to be tactical about it and either do it where you can get a gun straight away or have a getaway plan. It wasn’t unfair the way it was, it was a different way of playing which didn’t need to change because that’s how the server settled how to play.

If the clan is really for the community it would have been playing with the players like I was and understand this. But without drastic change to how you recruit this wont change. Unfortunately, you’re stuck in the dark and the old ways because you guys don’t see what happens real time!

8. JayJay

JayJay Administrator

If the rebelling T continues to rebel during the LR stage or plays a LR unfairly then CT can kill the T.

If T wants to rebel he can still continue but he’s gotta be mind ful he might die, if he wants to play LR he’s earned the right to do the last reaction.

I don’t see any issues?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ronnie Pickering

Donator

ok, enough with the rebellers, how about the issues and confusions rising the last 3 ts in a warden's game, I literally have to experience this every single map. Consider football, 2v2, one of them hits the ball into a t and kills him, now it's a 2v1, what if that 1 guy actually gets the goal, what then? they can't do anything about it, if the 2 ts score then they can kill that 1 t. I know you'd be saying that the warden has to stop the game if there is only 3 ts and play another game but what if 1 t suddenly hits the ball into one of the ts before the ct could do anything about it? cts fault for being so bad I get it, but why make it like that? why not have the right to kill that t after he killed him teammate and not frozen like the warden said? I'm just saying that I have to experience rule 19 problems every time I join the server and that really wasn't the case, we didn't have to worry about who gets LR (no one ever complained) and we focused on other issues.

10. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

What you can do about this is just make the Ts freeze and let him pick his LR-partner between those 2 in the other team, or you can say to the warden that he/she has to stop the game and do a quick first/last reaction between the 2 from the other team.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TrustMe

TrustMe Senior Member
    Donator

Keep playing football, if the 1 wins let him pick his lr partner. if the 2 win they get lr.
    Or if the 1 wins, you can do a quick game between the 2 losers, last reaction for instance

Also, when i play i almost never see a hiding t get lr. Maybe that's cos i'm always counting Ts and seeing if there is a missing/rebeling T

• Like Like x 5
  12. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Yea it's actually harder now as a CT. You actually have to think about it before pulling your trigger. It's more challenging being a CT now. This is intended.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ronnie Pickering

Donator

Is it also intended to make it easier for Ts?

14. Knifer

Knifer Veteran Member

The way I see it is that the reason why people moan about the rule is because it’s always mentioned as a scapegoat rather than their failure as a ct. At first I was quite sceptical but that’s because I haven’t played on the server for a while so being introduced to this new rule meant introduction to new/different commands . In my eyes I don’t see it as a problem anymore since if there’s 3ts left in certain situations Such as football where there’s only one player on the other team I stop the game completely and do last reaction to avoid unfairness.

Overall, it’s all about adapting to the rule...the more you moan the more you don’t learn to adapt.

• Like Like x 3
  15. JayJay

JayJay Administrator

To give the Ts a chance to win the round still.
    Don’t forget when you come to LR if you’ve played correctly and full server you will have 2 Ts verses 7-10 Cts with guns.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Tammahshay ™☆

Hasnt the majority of people voted in favour of getting rid of the rule?

17. JayJay

JayJay Administrator

Yeah this time around out of 4 previous threads/ votes. how many votes are we gonna have?

Brexit vote was done once. Unless it causes major issues we can re-look at options.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ronnie Pickering

Donator

19. Tammahshay ™☆

No one has actually mentioned about this thread and other platforms so i deem we need more time and put a final date in place in where everything is locked
    @JayJay

20. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

• Friendly Friendly x 1